IGNORED

Spurs

Barrs Court Red

I never said they were world class but if you don't think Ashley Young, Smalling, Jones have any talent then I suggest you change your glasses, SAF doesn't sign you if your crap (goalkeepers aside)

I don't think they are talented because they can't do the basics: technique and control,Once they master that, then do your fancy stuff.

What we see as talent in England,others don't, I cannot see Real Madrid, Barca, Inter AC Milan and the like clamouring over our players, it is because the talent is not there.

In the past 10 years 2 players that I can think of moved abroad, to a league which the standard of football is greater in technique and ability to ours Beckham and Owen, both when you look on the face of it failed, Own back after a year Beckham in and out of the team.

It is a sad fact that our mentalities from watching British football does not extend to the world stage. And as long as we idolise this English "Talent" the worse it will get.

Like i say it all needs changing from the bottom up.. I would like to see what our top teams would do in Europe if you replaced the foreign players with British players, it would make for very interesting football results I think.

You know what, even after Joe Jordan's second spell in charge I'd still have him back as a City manager one day. He produced a couple of decent City teams - of which the second one John Ward tweaked slightly and got into the playoffs and then promoted the following year.

Think how much better he would be the third time around after all his experience over the last few years in the Premier League.

Very true.

I wonder if he ever regrets leaving us for Hearts when he did. It was widely touted at the time he was using Hearts as a stepping stone to the Scotland job.

Last nights match commentator said that Jordan was the only manager since 1985(?) in managing to split Rangers and Celtics dominance of the top two..

Whilst I was lucky enough to meet him during his second spell at Ashton Gate, I do know a couple of people who occasionally work around his home, just outside Bristol.

Apparently, when conversations centre on Bristol City, he still describes the club as "we" which hopefully shows his lasting affinity to our great club.

(Not "wee" as in scottish for small !!!.....Hoots man noo)

Third time round?? We could do a lot, lot worse.

Very true.

I wonder if he ever regrets leaving us for Hearts when he did. It was widely touted at the time he was using Hearts as a stepping stone to the Scotland job.

Last nights match commentator said that Jordan was the only manager since 1985(?) in managing to split Rangers and Celtics dominance of the top two..

Whilst I was lucky enough to meet him during his second spell at Ashton Gate, I do know a couple of people who occasionally work around his home, just outside Bristol.

Apparently, when conversations centre on Bristol City, he still describes the club as "we" which hopefully shows his lasting affinity to our great club.

(Not "wee" as in scottish for small !!!.....Hoots man noo)

Third time round?? We could do a lot, lot worse.

He lives next door to someone I know, in Clifton.

I think its out through Abbots Leigh and on the way to Pill??

No, he moved to Clifton about a year or so ago - I've seen him in his driveway several times when visiting friends there.

They were even invited into Joe's for a neighbourly get together last Christmas, and apparently his son's were there too.

No, he moved to Clifton about a year or so ago - I've seen him in his driveway several times when visiting friends there.

They were even invited into Joe's for a neighbourly get together last Christmas, and apparently his son's were there too.

Hey Noggers, isn't it about time you bought a new baseball cap? May bring us some luck! :)

I'd get down to the docs to! you seem to be shrinking!!

Hey Noggers, isn't it about time you bought a new baseball cap? May bring us some luck! :)

Well spotted TRL, can't change it though, it's a tradition for these photos now. Maybe it brought KM some luck the other night?

I'd get down to the docs to! you seem to be shrinking!!

I do, don't I, and everyone else seems to be getting taller as well - a double whammy. doh.gifI was a bit worried so I went to see my shrink - he's delighted with the results.crying.gif

Good stuff Noggers, nice to see the shrink thinks you are fine living in the land of giants. Most reassuring :)

I think you should get Millen to kiss the cap, and long may it continue to bring results like Wednesday nights

The FA have stated they want an Englishman to take charge , which English manager would you choose above Harry?

I would choose an honest man. Any man. Millen perhaps?

Look at 'arry's record. Every club he goes to ends up in administration or in severe financial problems.

Just seems to follow him around these financial problems. I'm not saying he is dodgy or anything but the money situation of all 'arry's clubs could suggest that he is not an accountant.

PS I include the U.S. club he managed that went into administration. Just a coincidence though.

Archived