IGNORED

Wednesday?

Dolman Block B

Anyone else concerned that we are going to get an awfully low turn out?

Just reading the Swindon Town site they have sold a 1000 and have another 500 sent through

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/AwayTickets/0,,10341~2386779,00.html

Sure they will sell them. Reckon we may be looking at a crowd of under 5000 though and no doubt they will be noisy 1500 fans and right up for it!!!!

Bound to encourage their players as well.

Views?

Just reading the Swindon Town site they have sold a 1000 and have another 500 sent through

Sure they will sell them. Reckon we may be looking at a crowd of under 5000 though and no doubt they will be noisy 1500 fans and right up for it!!!!

Views?

The first round of the Carling Cup attracts low crowds everywhere, not just at AG. Its very early in the season, lots of fans are not interested and just as many are away on holiday.

The club are aware of and that's why they are only charging a tenner to get in. That will help and I reckon between 6 and 7k bearing in mind Swindon are bringing 1500.

I'll be going. I quite like the low key feel about these games. I can also move from my usual seat within the Dolman to which ever end City are attacking.

The first round of the Carling Cup attracts low crowds everywhere, not just at AG. Its very early in the season, lots of fans are not interested and just as many are away on holiday.

The club are aware of and that's why they are only charging a tenner to get in. That will help and I reckon between 6 and 7k bearing in mind Swindon are bringing 1500.

I'll be going. I quite like the low key feel about these games. I can also move from my usual seat within the Dolman to which ever end City are attacking.

Yep im going as well. Be interesting to see what side he puts out

Completely agree, I think we should always play our strongest side regardless of the competition.

The Carling Cup can prove to be very lucrative if you get a run in it and I'm sure Millen will play the strongest available team. There are lots of injuries according to the main site.

Get past Swindle and its home to Southampton. That would attract a decent crowd.

Completely agree, I think we should always play our strongest side regardless of the competition.

With a game 3 days later and 5 in 14 overall, I'd rather he put out some fringe players and concentrated on Doncaster.

Gerken; Ribeiro, Wilson, Edwards, Ball; Adomah, Reid, Cisse, Woolford; Pitman, Stead.

Views?

I'm worried it might be a low crowd. Our appeal to Swindon is far greater than theirs to us. I'd say the crowd will be about 8-9k.

Swindon fans and players will certainly be up for it. The rest is up to us fans and whatever team Millen puts out.

With a game 3 days later and 5 in 14 overall, I'd rather he put out some fringe players and concentrated on Doncaster.

Gerken; Ribeiro, Wilson, Edwards, Ball; Adomah, Reid, Cisse, Woolford; Pitman, Stead.

Nope, not in my eyes. i'd always play the strongest team available.

just checked city ticket site, looks like we have sold about 4300 so far. If they are bringing 1500 then thats 5800 plus people that buy tomorrow and on the day. No benefit to buying in advance, so more people will just POTD than a leauge match. My guess is 6500-7000

You only have to look at Stoke & Fulham's start to the PL season to note the negative effect schedules like this can have, even this early.

Not really. They've played 2 low key games. You normally find clubs that start earlier do better, which is why you find swis clubs getting into champions league group stages ect.

Not really. They've played 2 low key games. You normally find clubs that start earlier do better, which is why you find swis clubs getting into champions league group stages ect.

They get up for the CL, sure, but we took Boro to penalties a few years back and stuttered in the league for a couple of weeks after. If you need any further proof, both managers referenced the extra day's rest Portsmouth had managed in their post-match comments with regards to the way the game panned out.

I think we'll get barely 6000.

The football has been average to woeful for many home games now. The first round of Carling Cup is hardly Wembley and Swindon aren't ManUre.

Peanut reckons the club have sold 4300 tickets before today, plus 1500 Swindon fans, plus today and tomorrows ticket sales and plus potd sales.

More like 7000 I reckon.

1400 from Swindon, about 6,000 City fans I reckon.

Cheap tickets and the chance to, hopefully, see a few City goals should be enough to prevent an embarrassing crowd.

I trust KM will put out a strong team for the paying fans - I want to see us win, and win well, whatever the opposition or competition.

I'll be there in full expectation of our first home goal(s), and a City victory, but I'm also aware it could end up being a bloody grim night if KM can't set up a City team to beat Swindon at home.

1400 from Swindon, about 6,000 City fans I reckon.

Cheap tickets and the chance to, hopefully, see a few City goals should be enough to prevent an embarrassing crowd.

I trust KM will put out a strong team for the paying fans - I want to see us win, and win well, whatever the opposition or competition.

I'll be there in full expectation of our first home goal(s), and a City victory, but I'm also aware it could end up being a bloody grim night if KM can't set up a City team to beat Swindon at home.

Just remind me who City were knocked out of the Carling Cup by in the last four season's? I remember it was Southend last time but have forgotten the season's before that.

Archived