IGNORED

The Chant Has To Start

BristolBEAT

or the point will be getting across to the board that the fans have no faith in the man being paid to manage OUR team

If that is the case the board will see it without the need to berate the team's already fragile confidence.

I suppose there might come a time during a match when a fan is justified in chanting for the management to pack their bags and depart; I don't think we are at that cross roads just yet and I cannot recall ever doing it myself. During a match, whomever is in charge, i would continue to try and get behind the team. Even when I was unfortunate to witness the 6-0 thrashing at Portman Road I shouted until my voice went just to try and encourage the team to have some fight in their belly and get a goal back.

None of the above belies the fact that most of us, I believe, feel Millen was the wrong choice.

I think the board will bide their time a while yet. They desperately want Millen to be a success, as we all do, even though many will deep down think that to be an increasingly remote prospect.

Rule the wave, read my post anyone feel the same? Let me guess your one of those who call others a moron whilst spending all your hard earned cash watching a lack luster, inept, unorganised bristol city setup who take all your money but give nothing in return. Look in the mirror. Worth your ten quid was it tonight?

:(

This is ridiculous.

Millen's hands are tied. He knows the problems in the team, he's admitted to them. However he can't change anything as no one wants to take away the players who the previous managers wasted their budgets on.

If we replace him, what do we then do? A new manager couldn't bring his new players in because, like Keith, they wouldn't be able to get rid of our overpayed fringe players. Keith has already shown he's extremely good in the transfer window compared to our previous managers (Pitman, Stead, Caulker, Kilkenny). So someone's comment about not trusting him with the Maynard money is ridiculous.

I admit it, it's frustrating at the moment. We don't seem to be playing well but we don't have the players to get into the play offs. I'm sure if we didn't get into the playoffs in our first season there wouldn't be this ridiculous expectancy.

Oh and another point, OTIB doesn't reflect City fans at all. I know so many City fans (me included) who can see the situation logically however have got so pissed off with this place due to the negativity and personal abuse so have decided to not post anymore. So when you see a large majority of fans on here saying Millen out, it may not be the view of the majority of City fans.

while he is still in a job they obviously cant see it

They obviously know what's happening. However the costs for this season, in wages, are far too high and must be reduced and not added to. I'm pretty sure the expectations of this season are for City to avoid relegation and then push on next season when some of the dire high earners leave.

Perhaps they have better judgement than to make a knee jerk reaction after a mediocre start to our league season.

gary johnson was kept in the job too long when the majority of fans knew his time had come, it was only down to the great job hed done for us that he wasnt booed (in a manner that most clubs fans do - not just ours) when it became apparent and it alledgedly took 3 senior players confronting lansdown after hed hit a player to have him removed from the job, so maybe they do need a nudge

gary johnson was kept in the job too long when the majority of fans knew his time had come, it was only down to the great job hed done for us that he wasnt booed (in a manner that most clubs fans do - not just ours) when it became apparent and it alledgedly took 3 senior players confronting lansdown after hed hit a player to have him removed from the job, so maybe they do need a nudge

Gary Johnson was kept in a job after something ridiculous like 21 points from 23 games, and as you say the tide took a while to turn because of the track record he had, with fans and board alike, and the bright start to the season as we always had in the Championship under his stewardship. When Millen gets such a poor record, he'll have been in the job too long.

Gary Johnson was kept in a job after something ridiculous like 21 points from 23 games, and as you say the tide took a while to turn because of the track record he had, with fans and board alike, and the bright start to the season as we always had in the Championship under his stewardship. When Millen gets such a poor record, he'll have been in the job too long.

thats your opinion, which you are entitled to, but looking at attendances, atmosphere, and this forum it is obvious that some people do think hes been in the job too long already and feel that it may be worth venting their frustration at him vocally in order to get their point across

'BCFC MAD' u say moral is at a all time low and you've never seen anyting like it.........so how is shouting millen out gunna raise that moral or help millen and the players out?????? o wait a minute its not is it!!

total IDIOT, get behind the team in bad times ASWELL as good and see were we are in 6/7 games time we mite be 5th! if we are not then MAYBE its time for a change but still then don't shout millen out!! i member when GJ was appointed and we didnt win for 11 games then look what happend if it wasnt for that bull dog looking mother *****r dean windass we mite be in the prem!

GIVE IT TIME!

CTID!!

Completely agree! OUR FANS ARE PATHETIC, AND SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN LATELY!

why are you shouting?

laughcont.gif

That is just a strange reply anyway "jalway" WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN LATELY is a strange sentence structure..

It would be interesting to see how long our board kept KM if this type of fan power became commonplace.. The only downside to getting a new manager right now would be the limited time in the transfer window left to change anything!!

thats your opinion, which you are entitled to, but looking at attendances, atmosphere, and this forum it is obvious that some people do think hes been in the job too long already and feel that it may be worth venting their frustration at him vocally in order to get their point across

And referring back to my original post, the board are averse to the knee-jerk reaction of some fans. We're 4 league games into the season, we've got 4 points from our last 2. It's as though fans with a hidden pre-determined agenda have said 'It's ok, i'll give Millen a pre-season to put it right' - and those same people were shouting from the hills during what was an average pre-season, before, during and after our first game, and every game since. If you're going to give someone a chance, as the board clearly are going to, you have to give them a chance. Not look for the first signs of imperfection and walk off with your nose held high.

I would add to that, we are sat outside the relegation zone, level on points with 2 ex-England managers, and the highest investors in the division. I imagine their fans are panicking in similar hysterical style, but their boards will not be looking at making any dismissals yet.

And referring back to my original post, the board are averse to the knee-jerk reaction of some fans. We're 4 league games into the season, we've got 4 points from our last 2. It's as though fans with a hidden pre-determined agenda have said 'It's ok, i'll give Millen a pre-season to put it right' - and those same people were shouting from the hills during what was an average pre-season, before, during and after our first game, and every game since. If you're going to give someone a chance, as the board clearly are going to, you have to give them a chance. Not look for the first signs of imperfection and walk off with your nose held high.

again, in your opinion which you are entitled to.

my opinion is that he stated he would bring in a defender or two early on in the summer not in the last minute, he named players that were unrealistic in my opinion and hasn't been able to attract anyone that is "better than what we currently have" which i find nigh on impossible having watched us this season.

first game of the season he had 5 new signings in woolford taylor bolasie pitman and kilkenny at his disposal but chose not to start with any of them and then complained his hands were tied with regards to bringing someone in. maybe if hed bought players good enough to hold down a first team place then we wouldnt be in this mess

anyway i could go on but point is in my opinion (and it seems a number of other peoples - note 2000 less for 2nd home game) he needs to be replaced and if it takes a chant to make the board aware of this then that is what myself and others will do, if you dont like it dont join in but we pay our money aswell and are entitled to do what we deem best for the club we support

again, in your opinion which you are entitled to.

my opinion is that he stated he would bring in a defender or two early on in the summer not in the last minute, he named players that were unrealistic in my opinion and hasn't been able to attract anyone that is "better than what we currently have" which i find nigh on impossible having watched us this season.

first game of the season he had 5 new signings in woolford taylor bolasie pitman and kilkenny at his disposal but chose not to start with any of them and then complained his hands were tied with regards to bringing someone in. maybe if hed bought players good enough to hold down a first team place then we wouldnt be in this mess

anyway i could go on but point is in my opinion (and it seems a number of other peoples - note 2000 less for 2nd home game) he needs to be replaced and if it takes a chant to make the board aware of this then that is what myself and others will do, if you dont like it dont join in but we pay our money aswell and are entitled to do what we deem best for the club we support

I'm sorry, this is not opinion, I'm backing my views up with hard facts.

Billy Jones would have been a Bristol City player in January if Preston's chairman wasn't determined to save face, and certainly he wasn't 'unrealistic'. Spence has joined us, there could be countless others that you don't know about - I find it hard to believe we had a maximum of 5 defenders on our radar.

Spence, a new signing, started on the opening day. Pitman isn't a new signing, neither is Woolford. Kilkenny has started every game since after becoming match fit. Besides Kilkenny every player he has brought in this pre-season has been for a small fee on a small wage, you can argue the toss about whether that's fact or not but considering they're young players bought from lower league clubs there's no way they're on big money. Having his hands tied because we have too many defenders, the majority of whom are on high wages, is completely irrelevant to whether we sign cheap young players for other positions.

Others pay their money not to have their game spoiled by vindictive chanting that will only make any 'crisis' situation worse. Speak with your feet if you don't enjoy what's being served up; If AG is left with 2,000 fans who would otherwise be jeering their own team then some might say it's best that they stay away.

I'm sorry, this is not opinion, I'm backing my views up with hard facts.

Billy Jones would have been a Bristol City player in January if Preston's chairman wasn't determined to save face, and certainly he wasn't 'unrealistic'. Spence has joined us, there could be countless others that you don't know about - I find it hard to believe we had a maximum of 5 defenders on our radar.

Spence, a new signing, started on the opening day. Pitman isn't a new signing, neither is Woolford. Kilkenny has started every game since after becoming match fit. Besides Kilkenny every player he has brought in this pre-season has been for a small fee on a small wage, you can argue the toss about whether that's fact or not but considering they're young players bought from lower league clubs there's no way they're on big money. Having his hands tied because we have too many defenders, the majority of whom are on high wages, is completely irrelevant to whether we sign cheap young players for other positions.

Others pay their money not to have their game spoiled by vindictive chanting that will only make any 'crisis' situation worse. Speak with your feet if you don't enjoy what's being served up; If AG is left with 2,000 fans who would otherwise be jeering their own team then some might say it's best that they stay away.

pitman and woolford arent new signings but they are HIS signings and he doesnt start them

ive only missed 2 home games in the league in teh last 22 years, both end of last season because i couldnt be bothered to watch his style of football anymore, i dont want to have to vote with my feet permanently until he has gone as i used to enjoy watching city every other week.

if fans start singing at keith then feel free to sing "theres only one keith millen" in response but if i choose to chant at him rather than for him then having been going down for 22 years since i was 4 years old i am entitled to do that

pitman and woolford arent new signings but they are HIS signings and he doesnt start them

ive only missed 2 home games in the league in teh last 22 years, both end of last season because i couldnt be bothered to watch his style of football anymore, i dont want to have to vote with my feet permanently until he has gone as i used to enjoy watching city every other week.

if fans start singing at keith then feel free to sing "theres only one keith millen" in response but if i choose to chant at him rather than for him then having been going down for 22 years since i was 4 years old i am entitled to do that

There is no logic behind the thought that leaving any of his own signings out makes him a poor manager.

You are entitled, you pay your money. My point was and is that we are 4 league games into a new season, of which 2 have resulted in a respectable performances and shouldn't illicit an overreaction, and that to do so is not going to make the situation any better for anyone - except perhaps a feeling of self satisfaction.

There is no logic behind the thought that leaving any of his own signings out makes him a poor manager.

when he is now saying his hands are tied then yes it does in my opinion. if the majority of players he has signed cant get into his preferred 11 why should the board give him more money to make signings?

also the wages of taylor and bolasie combined would surely pay a reasonable defenders weekly wage, if he knew his hands would be tied after signing them to sit on teh bench then why did he?

Completely agree! OUR FANS ARE PATHETIC, AND SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN LATELY!

Yeah that's the problem. The fans?!

Get real many of the hardcore year in year out season ticket holders are leaving in their droves. Why? Could be this is the worst football seen at the gate for a couple of decades? Could it be the fact they have to pay £400 for the pleasure to watch this tripe? Could it be the players who couldn't seem to give a s**t about what is going on? Could be that they are totally uninspired by everything that this manager has done?

This isn't a fan problem this is a mess that we can't sort it needs to come from board level

when he is now saying his hands are tied then yes it does in my opinion. if the majority of players he has signed cant get into his preferred 11 why should the board give him more money to make signings?

also the wages of taylor and bolasie combined would surely pay a reasonable defenders weekly wage, if he knew his hands would be tied after signing them to sit on teh bench then why did he?

Trust me, it doesn't. We have 3 top strikers, in Pitman, Stead, and Maynard - 2 of whom Millen signed. In a 4-4-2, you can only play 2 of them, and I'd be staggered if you or anyone else wouldn't feature as one of them. Having quality for a position in the squad is something to be proud of, I really don't see your point and frankly it looks like a poorly formed shot at Millen.

I feel like I'm repeating myself in debating with you, because I am. For the second time, it's irrelevant whether players on small wages in other positions are being signed. We have too many defenders, on high wages. We haven't shipped out anyone this summer, which was a main priority in facilitating new bodies in; for instance, Sproule left and was replaced by Bolasie. Kilkenny was brought in as a playmaker - a position that needed filling. Whether we want them here or not, we have players sat in the defence who are collecting large wages and not contributing to the squad. Making an already top heavy squad defence-wise moreso would be a dangerous move on behalf of the manager and board. That said, if the right player was available, the board would facilitate it - given the free reign our managers have been given in recent years, and the unbalanced squad we've been left with as a result however, I expect Millen has to do a lot more to justify himself to make signings than his predecessors.

Bolasie is so highly thought of he can't even get onto the bench ridiculous!!!! Why sign someone who in your opinion is incapable of warranting a place in the starting 11?

Trust me, it doesn't. We have 3 top strikers, in Pitman, Stead, and Maynard - 2 of whom Millen signed. In a 4-4-2, you can only play 2 of them, and I'd be staggered if you or anyone else wouldn't feature as one of them. Having quality for a position in the squad is something to be proud of, I really don't see your point and frankly it looks like a poorly formed shot at Millen.

I feel like I'm repeating myself in debating with you, because I am. For the second time, it's irrelevant whether players on small wages in other positions are being signed. We have too many defenders, on high wages. We haven't shipped out anyone this summer, which was a main priority in facilitating new bodies in; for instance, Sproule left and was replaced by Bolasie. Kilkenny was brought in as a playmaker - a position that needed filling. Whether we want them here or not, we have players sat in the defence who are collecting large wages and not contributing to the squad. Making an already top heavy squad defence-wise moreso would be a dangerous move on behalf of the manager and board. That said, if the right player was available, the board would facilitate it - given the free reign our managers have been given in recent years, and the unbalanced squad we've been left with as a result however, I expect Millen has to do a lot more to justify himself to make signings than his predecessors.

we arent going to agree on this and ive got to get some work done. if you hear me chanting millen out next home game start a song supporting him n see which ends up loudest ;)

Bolasie is so highly thought of he can't even get onto the bench ridiculous!!!! Why sign someone who in your opinion is incapable of warranting a place in the starting 11?

indeed! but hes not a defender so this has no bearing on his hands being tied regards defenders apparently

Why sign someone I don't care if he's a fullback winger or striker who is in his opinion no better than what we currently at the club? Anyone who signs should be good to comand a first team spot. We have plenty down the gate not deemed good enough so why sign up more?

Archived