IGNORED

The Chant Has To Start

BristolBEAT

Why sign someone I don't care if he's a fullback winger or striker who is in his opinion no better than what we currently at the club? Anyone who signs should be good to comand a first team spot. We have plenty down the gate not deemed good enough so why sign up more?

A year ago it was fine to sign a young winger like Adomah who expected to feature only partly in the season as he adjusted to this level; for some reason Bolasie, the same age as Adomah when he arrived, with only a handful of games at this level ever, has to perform and feature straight away or is not good enough and is a failure as a signing? I don't follow the logic.

The difference is we now have 3 other wingers on the books and the squad is too big when Albert signed we had jcr and sproule, now we have jcr, Albert and woolford (even if he is sh*te) we also were not told that we had no money to bring in other signings. We might have a world beater on our hands but he is not deemed good enough to get in the first team squad (Albert was) why bring him in if he isn't better than what we've got when other positions are more important

The difference is we now have 3 other wingers on the books and the squad is too big when Albert signed we had jcr and sproule, now we have jcr, Albert and woolford (even if he is sh*te) we also were not told that we had no money to bring in other signings. We might have a world beater on our hands but he is not deemed good enough to get in the first team squad (Albert was) why bring him in if he isn't better than what we've got when other positions are more important

Just maybe he's going to benefit from being part of a Championship squad and progress during the season. 2 players for each position, we have 4 wingers for 2 wing spots.

Just maybe he's going to benefit from being part of a Championship squad and progress during the season. 2 players for each position, we have 4 wingers for 2 wing spots.

2 players for each position?

6 strikers

1 (not very good) left back

3 right backs

3 defensive midfielders

1 playmaker

Exactly if he was better than what we have no issue but to sign someone to sit in the rezzies and then moan we have no money for defenders isn't on

The main issue isn't money, it's personnel. 'I have to get bodies out before I can get them in' has been the line this summer, unsuccessfully. And for the umpteenth time he's not here to sit in the reserves.

But he's not deemed good enough to warrant a first team spot. Why did the other 3 wingers play yesterday but not bolasie? Jcr came off Albert came on, I've got no problem with that but with too many bodies at the club if the kid can't get a game against swindle then what hope have he got against a championship team? The only way he'll play more than 15 games this season is if someone gets a bad injury. I would rather have seen the wages, transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fees spent on a position with a higher priority if Millen has no intention of using him

But he's not deemed good enough to warrant a first team spot. Why did the other 3 wingers play yesterday but not bolasie? Jcr came off Albert came on, I've got no problem with that but with too many bodies at the club if the kid can't get a game against swindle then what hope have he got against a championship team? The only way he'll play more than 15 games this season is if someone gets a bad injury. I would rather have seen the wages, transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fees spent on a position with a higher priority if Millen has no intention of using him

We played our strongest possible team yesterday, I'm repeating myself and you're not listening; we are 5 games into his debut season with us, he's 22 and has played the majority of his career in the bottom 2 leagues. His career with us has far more to it than these 5 games. You assume he won't develop as a player or build up his fitness. How long did it take Pitman to get his first for us last season?

We needed another striker last season with Maynard and Haynes injured. I am not picking on bolasie, I said before we might have a world beater on our hands it's the manner of the Taylor and bolasie deals I have a problem with. We are desperatly short at left back, with lots of bodies in the squad surely priorities should have been made. With less than a week to go we have not got a dominant centre half. These players might be better next year but at the end of the day if we get relegated but have two slightly better players it's pointless signing them.

Millen has filled up spots in the squad with players who were not on a priority list this what I have a problem with

We needed another striker last season with Maynard and Haynes injured. I am not picking on bolasie, I said before we might have a world beater on our hands it's the manner of the Taylor and bolasie deals I have a problem with. We are desperatly short at left back, with lots of bodies in the squad surely priorities should have been made. With less than a week to go we have not got a dominant centre half. These players might be better next year but at the end of the day if we get relegated but have two slightly better players it's pointless signing them.

Millen has filled up spots in the squad with players who were not on a priority list this what I have a problem with

He's filled spots that were there to be filled. Say Millen didn't sign Bolasie, and went into CS's office asking for X and Y as new new centre-back and left-back. The response wouldn't be 'well we've only got one left-winger, we can fill that space in the squad with a defender'. Overcompensation is what got our defence in the mess it is in the first place, we have too many average at best players for not enough spaces. The balance of the rest of the squad is fairly irrelevant.

The main issue isn't money, it's personnel. 'I have to get bodies out before I can get them in' has been the line this summer, unsuccessfully. And for the umpteenth time he's not here to sit in the reserves.

True, but Colin has contradicted him. So are his hands tied or not? I no longer have a clue which is telling the truth though I suspect Keith is being used as a human shield. Either way their public disagreement is a very bad sign so early in Colin's tenure imo.

Agree though that the whole Bolasie/Taylor issue is a red herring.

They obviously know what's happening. However the costs for this season, in wages, are far too high and must be reduced and not added to. I'm pretty sure the expectations of this season are for City to avoid relegation and then push on next season when some of the dire high earners leave.

We must sell Maynard if we are to strengthen the squad and stay up however.

True, but Colin has contradicted him. So are his hands tied or not? I no longer have a clue which is telling the truth though I suspect Keith is being used as a human shield. Either way their public disagreement is a very bad sign so early in Colin's tenure imo.

Agree though that the whole Bolasie/Taylor issue is a red herring.

I don't think Colin contradicted him - he will support the manager, 'provided he can make a good case'. If he goes to Colin and says 'I need these defenders', Colin may (and quite possibly has) say 'well ok, but I want you to get these guys out before you can do so, unless they're bloody good defenders'. Wouldn't be particularly out of order on either part, but no one ends up happy.

I don't think Colin contradicted him - he will support the manager, 'provided he can make a good case'. If he goes to Colin and says 'I need these defenders', Colin may (and quite possibly has) say 'well ok, but I want you to get these guys out before you can do so, unless they're bloody good defenders'. Wouldn't be particularly out of order on either part, but no one ends up happy.

His precise words:

"To set the record straight, it is well known our squad is too large and we must move some players on, either permanently or on loan. We know there's some interest out there in our players and as we get closer to the transfer deadline I anticipate there being some movement. "We should also realise we've brought in four players, the most recent a couple of weeks ago with the commitment to a season long-loan deal for Jordan Spence from West Ham United.

"The board of directors, along with the club's investors, will always look at potential new players the management team puts in front of us and history shows that more often than not it receives support. I see no reason why that will change going forwards.

"The Spence deal is a clear indication that we are prepared to listen and commit to bringing players in before getting anyone out."

Rather different from Keith's "my hands are tied" claim it seems to me.

His precise words:

"To set the record straight, it is well known our squad is too large and we must move some players on, either permanently or on loan. We know there's some interest out there in our players and as we get closer to the transfer deadline I anticipate there being some movement. "We should also realise we've brought in four players, the most recent a couple of weeks ago with the commitment to a season long-loan deal for Jordan Spence from West Ham United.

"The board of directors, along with the club's investors, will always look at potential new players the management team puts in front of us and history shows that more often than not it receives support. I see no reason why that will change going forwards.

"The Spence deal is a clear indication that we are prepared to listen and commit to bringing players in before getting anyone out."

Rather different from Keith's "my hands are tied" claim it seems to me.

Thank you, first time I've heard that and that is rather interesting.

We must sell Maynard if we are to strengthen the squad and stay up however.

This may be, however our start to the season shows how reliant we are on Maynard.

Anyway, he may well still be sold. The board have done well to hold out this long, which will give us the best fee possible.

The club is surely rock bottom now, I've not know moral like this. Clueless from the top to the manager.

As fans we have to start singing Millen Out and I'm free at Lunchtimes in Clifton if people want to go outside the board and chant! argh.gif

Sorry, 'rock bottom'? Since when has 17th in the Championship, coming of a win at moneybags Leicester and a clean sheet against a Portsmouth team with two international strikers, been 'rock bottom'?

I really do wonder about some of the people on this forum. How can people be so blinkered as to think that only they know what is right and good for the club? DO you really think that you know more about managing a football club than Keith Millen does? For heaven's sake, you can't even spell 'morale'!

Anyone singing 'Millen Out' is not a City fan.

we are all frustrated and angry

Sorry, can we have a little less hyperbole. You may be frustrated and angry, but not everyone is. I'm frustrated, but I'm not angry. I'd probably be angry if I was a supporter of Plymouth Argyle, given their present plight, but given where City are and how early in the season it is, I don't see anything to be angry about.

But I agree with you opposition to the chanting...

Sorry, 'rock bottom'? Since when has 17th in the Championship, coming of a win at moneybags Leicester and a clean sheet against a Portsmouth team with two international strikers, been 'rock bottom'?

I really do wonder about some of the people on this forum. How can people be so blinkered as to think that only they know what is right and good for the club? DO you really think that you know more about managing a football club than Keith Millen does? For heaven's sake, you can't even spell 'morale'!

Anyone singing 'Millen Out' is not a City fan.

poor result against donny and I will be singing it.

And I'm a city fan thru and thru, whether you like it or not

The club is surely rock bottom now, I've not know moral like this. Clueless from the top to the manager.

As fans we have to start singing Millen Out and I'm free at Lunchtimes in Clifton if people want to go outside the board and chant! argh.gif

eh?... Keiths not 'erm' is he? ... its the gayest thing I've read on here ever... Are You Being Served BCFC Mad?

ps.. see you dinnertime on the triangle!

:handbags: ... :laugh:.

:farmer: )

(disclaimer: I wont be there.. you're not my type - honest!!

Archived