IGNORED

Millen Talk

old_eastender

Wonder what insightful comment we will get from Keef "clueless" Millen this time - "we never created enough in the final third" perhaps?

Would that not be correct?

What is this insistence to read so much into what is essentially a meaningless interview following a match? He makes one every week and it must be as boring for him as it us for you! Do you think he says exactly the same to the players?

I get we were bad. I get things are looking bleak and I get that Millen isn't everyones cup of tea but for ***** sake can we stop trying to beat the bloke with meaningless bollocks like this? it's really quite sad.

Would that not be correct?

What is this insistence to read so much into what is essentially a meaningless interview following a match? He makes one every week and it must be as boring for him as it us for you! Do you think he says exactly the same to the players?

I get we were bad. I get things are looking bleak and I get that Millen isn't everyones cup of tea but for ***** sake can we stop trying to beat the bloke with meaningless bollocks like this? it's really quite sad.

Read tonights programme notes? It's so generic that I think you or I could have written it Jordan.

It's the same with his interviews.

When Gary Johnson was manager, his notes and interviews were on the whole reflective, entertaining and for the most part an actual account of what had gone wrong and how it was going to be fixed. I appreciate that this aspect very much faltered towards the end of his time here but on the whole he was so much more of an inter-link between fans and club. Now there is no inter-link, I think this is the most detatched I have ever felt from the club right now.

Millen is Mr generic football manager - he doesn't have motivational or inspirational skills and frankly has no answer for what is going wrong.

Still if you can present me a different way of looking at the situation I'll be more than happy to consider your view point.

Read tonights programme notes? It's so generic that I think you or I could have written it Jordan.

It's the same with his interviews.

When Gary Johnson was manager, his notes and interviews were on the whole reflective, entertaining and for the most part an actual account of what had gone wrong and how it was going to be fixed. I appreciate that this aspect very much faltered towards the end of his time here but on the whole he was so much more of an inter-link between fans and club. Now there is no inter-link, I think this is the most detatched I have ever felt from the club right now.

Millen is Mr generic football manager - he doesn't have motivational or inspirational skills and frankly has no answer for what is going wrong.

Still if you can present me a different way of looking at the situation I'll be more than happy to consider your view point.

That isn't my point. If people want to show dissatisfaction for the things you mention then go ahead, But to use the content of post match interviews as a reason for his removal and another stick to beat him with is childish.

Football is crap, tactics baffling, transfer policy erratic at best. The club is substandard from top to bottom and the reasons for this are far reaching and elaborate. Thinking that sacking a manager who has been so restricted like Millen is the answer is completely papering over the cracks.

That isn't my point. If people want to show dissatisfaction for the things you mention then go ahead, But to use the content of post match interviews as a reason for his removal and another stick to beat him with is childish.

Football is crap, tactics baffling, transfer policy erratic at best. The club is substandard from top to bottom and the reasons for this are far reaching and elaborate. Thinking that sacking a manager who has been so restricted like Millen is the answer is completely papering over the cracks.

Just out of interest and on a personal level And for debate purposes......... what do you think the answer is then?

Just out of interest and on a personal level And for debate purposes......... what do you think the answer is then?

The short term answer is to accept that we aren't going to clear any of the "deadwood" that remain as sore reminders of Coppell's tenure and of the final years of Johnson's reign. With that the board must back the manager and bring the defenders he has pleaded for into the club. I think we've missed out on too many already for us to continue with the notion of "out before in". In an ideal world everyone would agree that that policy is the prudent and correct one, unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and shifting the players who are bleeding the club dry is not going to happen until their contracts end.

If we change the manager he still has exactly the same problems as Millen does. No money, Shite overpaid players who you don't want and an unbalanced squad.

Long term, next summer is crucial. The money saved from the players who leave at the end of the year will, If I have read Colin's quotes correctly, be reinvested. Millen has already signed a decent amount of players who are his and therefore in his plans for sure, I can't help but think with his own defence and midfield we'd have a better chance of judging his abilities.

Millen needs to stop making strange decisions. Wigley needs to counter Millens relative inexperience and influence proceedings.

The short term answer is to accept that we aren't going to clear any of the "deadwood" that remain as sore reminders of Coppell's tenure and of the final years of Johnson's reign. With that the board must back the manager and bring the defenders he has pleaded for into the club. I think we've missed out on too many already for us to continue with the notion of "out before in". In an ideal world everyone would agree that that policy is the prudent and correct one, unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and shifting the players who are bleeding the club dry is not going to happen until their contracts end.

If we change the manager he still has exactly the same problems as Millen does. No money, Shite overpaid players who you don't want and an unbalanced squad.

Long term, next summer is crucial. The money saved from the players who leave at the end of the year will, If I have read Colin's quotes correctly, be reinvested. Millen has already signed a decent amount of players who are his and therefore in his plans for sure, I can't help but think with his own defence and midfield we'd have a better chance of judging his abilities.

Millen needs to stop making strange decisions. Wigley needs to counter Millens relative inexperience and influence proceedings.

Fair comment but 2 points occur:

1. The master plan assumes we are still in the Championship, which seems to reflect the complacency of the club;:disapointed2se:

2. Some of the shit overaid players are in the first team.:innocent06:

Do you pay a few hundred quid each year on a bristol city season ticket only to end the season with dissapointment and wondering why?

Or do you turn up occasionally and pay 30 quid and go home thinking "nothings changed"

Maybe you even travel to away games each week only be embarressed by the homes fans as they sing "youve come along way for nothing"

Do you get all excited pre season with the hope of signing a big name player? Only to end up with bargain basket players if were lucky?

Maybe you buy the full kit for your nipper each year only for him to say city are rubbish and that he would wather watch man utd.

Maybe you were in the big team photo with the not so bright "so called stars"

Take of your red tinted specs and realise that the club are continually taking good money of the honest man, money we have worked hard for, and recieves nothing in return.

Vote with your feet! I love the badge but cant stand the so called management who wear it.

Fair comment but 2 points occur:

1. The master plan assumes we are still in the Championship, which seems to reflect the complacency of the club;:disapointed2se:

2. Some of the shit overaid players are in the first team.:innocent06:

1) Hence the need to accept that the deadwood won't be leaving any time soon. We must spend some money now to ensure we do remain in this league, only then can the long term plans come into fruition.

2) they absolutely are, and until they are replaced (Short term answer) we won't progress.

Archived