IGNORED

Millen Talk

old_eastender

That isn't my point. If people want to show dissatisfaction for the things you mention then go ahead, But to use the content of post match interviews as a reason for his removal and another stick to beat him with is childish.

Football is crap, tactics baffling, transfer policy erratic at best. The club is substandard from top to bottom and the reasons for this are far reaching and elaborate. Thinking that sacking a manager who has been so restricted like Millen is the answer is completely papering over the cracks.

I'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. Millen may have been restricted, but he lacks passion or any sort of motivational influence. Basic characteristics of a manager at this level and not simply a coach.

They are all Millen's players....he was assistant under three previous managers and involved in the signings.

He shows no motivational skills on the touchline and I fear he is the same in the dressing room, which is why on his own admission Swindon looked "up for it" and our players didn't...they had Mr di Canio's motivational talk ringing in their ears.

He has shown inability in the transfer market since taking on the top job....failing to clear out players and signing players we didn't need (Woolford...no better than players we had already; Taylor...no better than players we have already; Bolasie....by Millen's action in not putting him anywhere near the side no better than players we had already).

He has shown tactical ineptitude...failing to play our best defensive midfielder last year (Cisse) in any game and putting players who do not gel alongside each other in middle of defence and up front.

Finally he is losing the support of the fans with his inability to engage them through these dreary pre and post match comment.

When asked about new players coming in he said. We lost out on some more and i hope we can keep our better players. Gonna be along season i'm afraid.

The board seem to have accepted that we are going down, and have decided to sell who they can. It's still August and I'm already desperate for this season to be over.

They are all Millen's players....he was assistant under three previous managers and involved in the signings.

He shows no motivational skills on the touchline and I fear he is the same in the dressing room, which is why on his own admission Swindon looked "up for it" and our players didn't...they had Mr di Canio's motivational talk ringing in their ears.

He has shown inability in the transfer market since taking on the top job....failing to clear out players and signing players we didn't need (Woolford...no better than players we had already; Taylor...no better than players we have already; Bolasie....by Millen's action in not putting him anywhere near the side no better than players we had already).

He has shown tactical ineptitude...failing to play our best defensive midfielder last year (Cisse) in any game and putting players who do not gel alongside each other in middle of defence and up front.

Finally he is losing the support of the fans with his inability to engage them through these dreary pre and post match comment.

sums it up really and so does this from Millen tonight:-

"It would be nice to get a consistent run together. We go one step forwards and one step back all the time."

You have got to admire his honesty i suppose but this really is a deep seated admission of utter failure on his part whether he meant it to come out that way or not.

Once again he has also come out and criticized his team openly and tried to deflect away from his own obvious failings. Its all about confidence and motivation man.... don't you get it? obviously not. Inept I am afraid is the understatement. Really beginning to annoy me now.

Luckily due to logistics I was not at the match!

However like the good lad I am a bunked off two hours at work to listen to us being useless from front to rear!!

It seems we couldn't get 11 men out of a squad of 32 up for the match and this is as depressing as it can possibly get...With all due respect...It was ******* Swindon a local Derby and yes the attendance may not have been great but 1500 from Swineville obviously didn't make a difference to the over paid 16 on duty...

My god if we cant string half a dozen passes together against this shower of shit then we really are in trouble....Mr Milllen, despite the support of a loyal few of us you are not doing the business...Do it soon or get gone!!!

Archived