IGNORED

Just Plain Dissapointing.

Lack of Action Man

Things I've heard tonight and my view:

The strikers get no service - true, in fact it was so evident tonight that it looked like when Tinnion was manager. But this has been a problem for such a long time now that virtually every striker we have ends up coming back into our own half trying to get the ball.

James out - not true, Gerken had a great half but James was back in form tonight. He was not at fault for the goal (imo).

It was a load of rubbish - Absoloutely 100% true. The evening started in an extremely rude and unprofessional manner when a thug of a steward forced us (me, my old man and me m'aam) away from the turnstiles so he could search us. We were initially refused entry because mom had a bottle of perfume in her bag (wtf? who would throw that? seriously) and then the thug proceeded to search us again. Why would a family need searching? This is the first time in 5 years or so all 3 of us have gone and will most likely be the last. Bristol City Fc if you are reading this, it was probably the worst experience of customer service I have ever encountered. It is this sort of shabby service that forces fans away from the club.

Secondly, the programme was an out of date piece of shit. The sort of thing that you would get at a pre-season friendly at Clevedon, or frankly wipe your arse with. This stank awfully of cost cutting and tackiness.

Lastly, we were beaten (once again) by a team who did not shine in any way shape or form. There was just a complete lack of passion from every player, bar probably the two goalkeepers. Adomah had a good game, as did Jcr but neither showed me they were playing for the shirt (in my opinion). Woolford was useless - he made no attempt to get into space and left McAllister exposed far too often.

It was Millens fault - partly true. The team is probably exactly what I would have gone with, but the motivation clearly wasn't there. For me, we seem to be in the same situation that Roy Hodgson was in at Liverpool. Millen does have coaching know how, but does not have the personality to inspire or motivate players effectively. Nor does he have the guts to answer to the fans after that performance.

But whilst I have pointed out Millens obvious faults, more blame surely must lie with the players this evening who frankly looked disinterested and never made an effort to challenge Swindle. Di Canio's team were all over us like a rash for the first 20 minutes. They then sat back a bit until half time and yet still forced the best save of the game from Gerks. This shows how poor we were.

Just some thoughts on angry fans reactions I was hearing upon leaving tonight. The only positive I can take from the game is that I moved from my usual seat into the Atyeo this evening and the view was excellent.

Does he??? I would say thats his biggest downfall (of many) at the moment!

See, when he first became manager (when Johnson was sacked) he had everything covered. First game vs Newcastle, to neutralize the threat of Gutierrez and provide an attacking outlet, he plays two rb's in a 3-5-2 Ribeiro as wing back and Orr as RCB. This struck me as something Johnson/ Tinnion/ Wilson would never ever try but it worked.

I, like you am losing faith but I genuinely believe that he has a decent amount of coaching expertise - just not the motivational or inspirational aspects necessary of a true manager.

Things I've heard tonight and my view:

The strikers get no service - true, in fact it was so evident tonight that it looked like when Tinnion was manager. But this has been a problem for such a long time now that virtually every striker we have ends up coming back into our own half trying to get the ball.

James out - not true, Gerken had a great half but James was back in form tonight. He was not at fault for the goal (imo).

It was a load of rubbish - Absoloutely 100% true. The evening started in an extremely rude and unprofessional manner when a thug of a steward forced us (me, my old man and me m'aam) away from the turnstiles so he could search us. We were initially refused entry because mom had a bottle of perfume in her bag (wtf? who would throw that? seriously) and then the thug proceeded to search us again. Why would a family need searching? This is the first time in 5 years or so all 3 of us have gone and will most likely be the last. Bristol City Fc if you are reading this, it was probably the worst experience of customer service I have ever encountered. It is this sort of shabby service that forces fans away from the club.

Secondly, the programme was an out of date piece of shit. The sort of thing that you would get at a pre-season friendly at Clevedon, or frankly wipe your arse with. This stank awfully of cost cutting and tackiness.

Lastly, we were beaten (once again) by a team who did not shine in any way shape or form. There was just a complete lack of passion from every player, bar probably the two goalkeepers. Adomah had a good game, as did Jcr but neither showed me they were playing for the shirt (in my opinion). Woolford was useless - he made no attempt to get into space and left McAllister exposed far too often.

It was Millens fault - partly true. The team is probably exactly what I would have gone with, but the motivation clearly wasn't there. For me, we seem to be in the same situation that Roy Hodgson was in at Liverpool. Millen does have coaching know how, but does not have the personality to inspire or motivate players effectively. Nor does he have the guts to answer to the fans after that performance.

But whilst I have pointed out Millens obvious faults, more blame surely must lie with the players this evening who frankly looked disinterested and never made an effort to challenge Swindle. Di Canio's team were all over us like a rash for the first 20 minutes. They then sat back a bit until half time and yet still forced the best save of the game from Gerks. This shows how poor we were.

Just some thoughts on angry fans reactions I was hearing upon leaving tonight. The only positive I can take from the game is that I moved from my usual seat into the Atyeo this evening and the view was excellent.

No, he has coaching qualifications. There is no sign of any ability to apply any knowledge and affect players's performances. The only evidence of his qualifications is his tendency to be too clever (e.g. Pitman on the left wing; wish I was a clever coach). He is an academic coach not a practical one.

I don't like how Keith Millen jus stands there? every time i see the away manager (Di Canio, Warnock, Malkay Mackay and many others) showing there real selves like there an extra man out there? no passion from Millen! We kept on trying the long ball which doesnt work we got beat 98% of the time in the air! Bit gutted that there wasnt many City fans? Swindon fans were loud all night long and one song which made me chuckle was "are you Rovers in disguise?" we was that bad tonight. So lets just forget about this cup the record against Swindon isnt great (last 6 games we havent won against them) and i thought and should have beat them tonight. Stead and Pitman should have started didnt really rate Taylor tonight, Skuse why he was captain il never know he is woeful. Kilkenny is a great signing, Wilson at the back wins headers i just think we need experience there, thank goodness Fontaine isnt leaving yet. Mccalister gives his best but his contributution i.e crossing is not great and he aint got pace to get back. i agree with the Match programme it was awfullllllll! just wanna get tonight over. My Birthday 2moro woooooop woooop :laugh::laughcont:

I don't like how Keith Millen jus stands there? every time i see the away manager (Di Canio, Warnock, Malkay Mackay and many others) showing there real selves like there an extra man out there? no passion from Millen! We kept on trying the long ball which doesnt work we got beat 98% of the time in the air! Bit gutted that there wasnt many City fans? Swindon fans were loud all night long and one song which made me chuckle was "are you Rovers in disguise?" we was that bad tonight. So lets just forget about this cup the record against Swindon isnt great (last 6 games we havent won against them) and i thought and should have beat them tonight. Stead and Pitman should have started didnt really rate Taylor tonight, Skuse why he was captain il never know he is woeful. Kilkenny is a great signing, Wilson at the back wins headers i just think we need experience there, thank goodness Fontaine isnt leaving yet. Mccalister gives his best but his contributution i.e crossing is not great and he aint got pace to get back. i agree with the Match programme it was awfullllllll! just wanna get tonight over. My Birthday 2moro woooooop woooop :laugh::laughcont:

Do you honestly think that Kilkenny is any better than Lee Johnson?

When you compare us to how well organised Swindle were, we just looked like a bunch of blokes running aimlessly about. Swindon's forwards couldn't score either, but we presented them with so many copper-bottomed opportunities that eventually even they had to tuck one away. They attacked en masse, flooding our box with players at times, and generally broke faster.

Macca and Woolford were particularly dire but few emerged with credit (bar Gerken, Wilson and perhaps Nyatanga). James wasn't to blame for the goal but he did of course manage to drop the ball at the feet of one of their players earlier. Pitman looked unfit, first touch bad, not sharp. Doesn't bode well for him to step into NM's shoes. Taylor battled but never looked likely. Kilkenny was Lee Johnson mk2.

What the hell was our formation? 4-4-2 in theory but it looked like 4-0-2 and in the second half???

Hopefully we get Nicky back for Saturday, I'd start Albert and JCR and put Cisse in the middle to stiffen our midfield

JCR was shit and was only marginally better than Woolford. It's took me a little while to work out which is which but I've finally sussed it, JCR is pointless and Woolford is useless. The less said about them the better as just the thought of Woolford floundering around is making me very angry.

It's early days but Kilkenny doesn't look great. At far too many intervals tonight he looked like Johnson, hoofing the ball aimlessly in the air when under little or no pressure at several occasions throughout the evening. He was clearly signed to be an attacking player in the same way Noble was and it's quite obvious he's a deep player. It's genuinely hard to see how he can work in a 2 man midfield, I'm praying he improves significantly. Reid has got to be considered on the evidence shown so far, as has Cisse.

Overall it was of course abysmal. Once again we were outplayed by a team 2 leagues below us who were by no means excellent. It wasn't a classic Cup snatch and grab either they were better over 90 minutes which is genuinely embarrassing. People keep going on about how shit the defence is but that isn't close to being the biggest problem. Someone was trying to tell me McAllister should have gone off at half time as he was costing us. What absolute bollocks. We were nil f ** king nil at that point and our left back was clearly not the reason we were playing shit. Some people really do form their opinions before the games even kicked off.

Can't agree, JCR held off players twice his size, made runs and was much better. Woolford never got into space and gave McAllister virtually no help at all. Very dissapointing showing from him.

They were both appalling. To suggest JCR had a good game is laughable. He dilly dallied for 45 minutes offering nothing down the right side and constantly falling the f ** k over. I can't think of one positive thing that he did all half.

Absolutely. Please tell me why you believe JCR had a "good game" as you put it and what in particular he did to aid the team tonight.

Well imo it was only him and Kilkenny that made space to receive the ball and push on in.

This was where Swindle made us looked amateurish - their off the ball movement was a lot better. At least these two players tried to get into incisive positions to receive the ball.

And he was also willing to run at Swindle players and suprisingly was one of the few of our players who won the 50/50 ball and held off his opponent.

Where were you sat tonight fella? I was in the Atyeo so I'm guessing we had different perspectives on the game.

Well imo it was only him and Kilkenny that made space to receive the ball and push on in.

This was where Swindle made us looked amateurish - their off the ball movement was a lot better. At least these two players tried to get into incisive positions to receive the ball.

And he was also willing to run at Swindle players and suprisingly was one of the few of our players who won the 50/50 ball and held off his opponent.

Where were you sat tonight fella? I was in the Atyeo so I'm guessing we had different perspectives on the game.

I was sat in Dolman D block so had an excellent view. While I agree our off the ball movement was non existent Kilkenny did not get in that many good positions. He shouts a lot but he'd often find himself poorly placed for others to find him and considering this is supposed to be one of his plus points it was a little disappointing. My opinion on JCR was exactly the same as Petehinton's. Pointless.

JCR did tonight what he does best.

Get ball - head down - run - spin around - run with head down again - cut outside (repeat until end of game/until subbed)

Agree 100%.

Archived