IGNORED

David James

Pete1975Legend

The reason because he didn't shirk away from the fans last night.

One of very few players to applaud fans unlike several players and our manager who just walked in head down.

I wouldn't of blamed him for sticking two fingers up to the fans last night after the disgraceful booing when he came on, seems the minority have found their new scapegoat as LJ is no longer in the team.

One of very few players to applaud fans unlike several players and our manager who just walked in head down.

I wouldn't of blamed him for sticking two fingers up to the fans last night after the disgraceful booing when he came on, seems the minority have found their new scapegoat as LJ is no longer in the team.

ah boo hoo for poor old David James the multi millionaire who is still earning a very good wage despite being way past his best...feel really sorry that he go booed, gotta be honest i thought he should be number 1 until 1st game of season, until i saw him try and chip the ball over chopra for 3rd goal......bloke is nowhere near where he was 3-4 years ago at Pompey, is a drain on the clubs finances, and as far as i can see, doesnt give a ****

ah boo hoo for poor old David James the multi millionaire who is still earning a very good wage despite being way past his best...feel really sorry that he go booed, gotta be honest i thought he should be number 1 until 1st game of season, until i saw him try and chip the ball over chopra for 3rd goal......bloke is nowhere near where he was 3-4 years ago at Pompey, is a drain on the clubs finances, and as far as i can see, doesnt give a ****

No keeper would be world class in front of the shambles he had first two games of the season

No keeper would be world class in front of the shambles he had first two games of the season

Basso would of, he sat in behind MaCallister Carey Orr and Fontaine :)

in all seriousness, James has made some dreadful errors, and he did at the start of last season to. But came back from that.

Who knows maybe age is catching up with him, if it is then he should not be getting abuse, but at the same time he should do the honourable thing. If it is just a form issue, booing the guy is not going to help anyone.

The first falls roundly at the feet of Fontaine and Spence.

All three, Chopra got between them, but still had a lot to do until James went walkabout and made Chopra's decision easy. He came too far off his line, he narrowed the angle okay, but by coming out too far he gave Chopra a huge Target rather than just the far post.

I wouldn't of blamed him for sticking two fingers up to the fans last night after the disgraceful booing when he came on, seems the minority have found their new scapegoat

as LJ is no longer in the team.

You spend all your time constantly slagging off Skuse on here, but you don't like the fact others were having a go at James?

Practise what you preach, springs to mind.

Oh for God's sake, just listen to yourselves. He had a bad game. He also saved us from being cut adrift at the bottom of the table last season (before Caulker arrived) with a shocking defence in front of him. We still have a shocking defence, coached in the main by one of the most shocking defenders at City during the nineties.

David James is a professional who's example many of our 'big-time-charlie' players who will never achieve a fraction of his success in their careers would do well to follow.

It makes me sick when some on this forum question his attitude based on little more than hearsay.

Grow up and get a life.

:ranting:

All three, Chopra got between them, but still had a lot to do until James went walkabout and made Chopra's decision easy. He came too far off his line, he narrowed the angle okay, but by coming out too far he gave Chopra a huge Target rather than just the far post.

James was at worst equally culpable for the first; Chopras finish over him was exquisite, had he run through one-on-one, a blast inside the far post on his right foot would have done it. James made a 50/50 call and got beaten, which he may well have done anyway. Fontaine and Spence losing their man were by far the main culprits IMO.

Oh for God's sake, just listen to yourselves. He had a bad game. He also saved us from being cut adrift at the bottom of the table last season (before Caulker arrived) with a shocking defence in front of him. We still have a shocking defence, coached in the main by one of the most shocking defenders at City during the nineties.

David James is a professional who's example many of our 'big-time-charlie' players who will never achieve a fraction of his success in their careers would do well to follow.

It makes me sick when some on this forum question his attitude based on little more than hearsay.

Grow up and get a life.

:ranting:

Great respect for the man, on & off the pitch, after the WBA friendly he had loads of time for the fans hanging around for photos & autographs, making sure everyone got what they wanted & posed tirelessly with lots of younger fans for pics etc before finally heading off in his motor.

(my granddaughter was chuffed to bits for her pic, autograph & a shake of his hand) - its the little things that count for younger fans and pro's like James appreciate that fact.

Skuse also had plenty of time to sign, pose for pics & happily have a unhurried natter with fans after the WBA game...

Most others, with a few exceptions, seemed in a hurry to just smile jump into their cars and get away.

Basso would of, he sat in behind MaCallister Carey Orr and Fontaine :)

in all seriousness, James has made some dreadful errors, and he did at the start of last season to. But came back from that.

Who knows maybe age is catching up with him, if it is then he should not be getting abuse, but at the same time he should do the honourable thing. If it is just a form issue, booing the guy is not going to help anyone.

Orr is who we have been missing all of last season he was a warrior and the best right back in the div, and macca was 2 years younger as was carey and fontaine hadnt had his ankle injury etc etc etc, basso also had some howlers so wake up and stop being blinkered.

Anyone who boo's our keeper is a ****

Totally agree Riaz, i personally think Gerkin is one of the worst GK's we have had in years but i would never boo him?? So why do some idiots find it necessary to boo one of the best GK's we have had in years is beyond me???

Totally agree Riaz, i personally think Gerkin is one of the worst GK's we have had in years but i would never boo him?? So why do some idiots find it necessary to boo one of the best GK's we have had in years is beyond me???

Exactly - was ****** off to see gerkin in goal against pompey, but I would'nt have booed him ffs! he's still (somehow) playing for us and I want him to do well.

I don't personally rate either of our keepers but I would never boo either of them....but I just don't feel James is capable of moving freely anymore and looks old and fragile, for that reason I would stick with Gerk's if fit...also the fans need some kind of personality in the team and seem to love Gerk's (be it their hatred for James).

Great respect for the man, on & off the pitch, after the WBA friendly he had loads of time for the fans hanging around for photos & autographs, making sure everyone got what they wanted & posed tirelessly with lots of younger fans for pics etc before finally heading off in his motor.

(my granddaughter was chuffed to bits for her pic, autograph & a shake of his hand) - its the little things that count for younger fans and pro's like James appreciate that fact.

Skuse also had plenty of time to sign, pose for pics & happily have a unhurried natter with fans after the WBA game...

Most others, with a few exceptions, seemed in a hurry to just smile jump into their cars and get away.

He is not your typical footballer more deep thinking i think he doe's drawings and paintings as a hobby and to relax , my friend goe's to Old Trafford and has seen Rooney when injured and with plenty of time totally ignore young fans , there was even talk of an underground car park for the poor put upon players so they wouldn't have to mix with the fans.

It does seem that city fans like to hate a player.David James hasn't moaned about being dropped.he lost a bit of form.but every player does.the lose against ipswich wasn't his fault.Jamie mac gave away the ball from an attacking free kick to easy and ice shouldn't of been last man anyway. Seems like.another lee Johnson saga.who killkenny comes in basically slighty better then lj does same job.people moaned at lj for giving away the ball.but at least he wanted the ball.he made more mistakes because he touch the ball twice as much as any player

It does seem that city fans like to hate a player.David James hasn't moaned about being dropped.he lost a bit of form.but every player does.the lose against ipswich wasn't his fault.Jamie mac gave away the ball from an attacking free kick to easy and ice shouldn't of been last man anyway. Seems like.another lee Johnson saga.who killkenny comes in basically slighty better then lj does same job.people moaned at lj for giving away the ball.but at least he wanted the ball.he made more mistakes because he touch the ball twice as much as any player

Certainly won't boo James, that's uncalled for.

However in terms of pure numbers, there are two goalies and both have played 5 halves of football in which time one has conceded 7, the other has conceded 1- pretty much the same defence too. Not a criticism though, just an observation- but the question is why such a disparity? Could Gerken instill more confidence in the defence perchance?

Wilson has made a difference seems a ball winner.James didn't have him.u cant blame just James when the whole team made mistakes for each of the goals before it got to him. And since deano is in a more defensive formation...shouldn't we he asking where's the goals..

the much maligned David James produced a performance today which the Dean Gerkins of this world can only dream of

However we desparately need to get a decent keeper in this season Jamo wont be good enough next season, and Gerkin will NEVER be good enough.

the much maligned David James produced a performance today which the Dean Gerkins of this world can only dream of

However we desparately need to get a decent keeper in this season Jamo wont be good enough next season, and Gerkin will NEVER be good enough.

Very true

If I must bite, how many goals have we conceded when Gerken has been in nets this season? How many for James?

I make it 8 for James and 1 for Gerken

James has played 3 and 1/2 games

Gerken has played 2 and 1/2 games

Just saying

Gerken in goal with defensive formation 1 Goal conceded

James in goal with defensive formation 1 Goal conceded

Just saying

If I must bite, how many goals have we conceded when Gerken has been in nets this season? How many for James?

Just saying

You not taking into account that

a) the defence was shit first 2 games

b) even James is allowed a bad game.

c) gerken is shit

You not taking into account that

a) the defence was shit first 2 games

b) even James is allowed a bad game.

c) gerken is shit

All credit to James for his display today and no mistake. However the defence was shit but only in the 1st 2 games seemingly- that is the question: Why? Confidence in keeper? There is a big disparity between the two in goal.

Whether Gerken is the answer longterm regardless of James remains to be seen- I have my doubts but time will tell- still think this may have been a year too far for James but we'll know in May eh.

Just saying

Or would that be 6 for 4-4-2 & 3 for 4-5-1

I love stats you can read them however you like

Archived