IGNORED

Should Nttds Be Re-Instated?

Robbored

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally a bit of sense is shining through. NTTDS hasn't got a lifetime ban and unless I am mistaken there has never been any communication to him that it is one. I think it's just a little time off to reflect that this post was wholly unacceptable and as someone has rightly pointed out could have caused some genuine concern and upset.

There are rules (and a system) in place to stop people posting from more than one account and breaking these rules would certainly increase the ban irrespective of who the individual is.

I agree with everyone's sentiments here that NTTDS is a harmless person who very much loves the club and goes out of his way to help other fans. However, rules are rules and we have tried to be as leniant as we can whilst still making it clear that posts like these are unacceptable.

I remember being banned for calling Tinnion "The Peoples Chumpion"

Pretty abusive stuff if I may say so myself.

I think it was a seven dayer! But we know the rules I guess.

I didn't know NTTDS had been banned, or why. But the administrators have to be equal with all,

So as for NTTDS ?

Crucifixtion? Lovely. Through the door, 1st on the left, and one cross each.

Finally a bit of sense is shining through. NTTDS hasn't got a lifetime ban and unless I am mistaken there has never been any communication to him that it is one. I think it's just a little time off to reflect that this post was wholly unacceptable and as someone has rightly pointed out could have caused some genuine concern and upset.

There are rules (and a system) in place to stop people posting from more than one account and breaking these rules would certainly increase the ban irrespective of who the individual is.

I agree with everyone's sentiments here that NTTDS is a harmless person who very much loves the club and goes out of his way to help other fans. However, rules are rules and we have tried to be as leniant as we can whilst still making it clear that posts like these are unacceptable.

Can't say fairer than that Rich.

I read the original post and at first thought that it was a suspicious death at SL's home, however as it progressed it became obvious that this was an NTTDS special. Anybody who read the post would have realised the tenuous link and thought no more about it, so therefore a ban for this I think is somewhat unfair. However I am bored senseless by the pointless rubbish he posts daily so BAN HIM indefinitely.

And to quell any rumours, the club contacted the Supporters Trust directly as is the correct protocol to discuss the removal of the post and the club did not approach the moderators (Tomarse included) of this board directly.

I am not surprised the club contacted the Supporters Trust about the thread in question. A mods job is hard enough without people questioning their judgements every five minutes.

Any member of any forum is a guest and moderators and admins are the hosts.

Also people need to realise that running a football forum is akin to walking a tight rope. Especially with the likes of those lovely people at the Football Data Co monitoring all football sites 24/7. Not to mention ensuring that posts don't open the forum to a defamation lawsuit. Seriously this can and does happen.

So the mods are only looking out for the Supporters Trust, because ultimately it would be the Trust as the owners or guardians entrusted with looking after OTIB that would cop any flack. Hence this thread really is out of order.

...To me the Guernsey/Landsdown link made in the offending post, albeit totally out of order, was obviously a stupid attempt at humour, & as offensive as that was its not the worst part of it (being clearly just a dumbass 'joke')

The thing that it seems everyone has overlooked here is the truelife horrific event that NTTDS inappropriately tried to make humour out of, real people died including several children in that sad incident, family's & I imagine most of Guernsey itself are mourning their losses in shocked horror of what happened.

(for some unknown reason NTTDS momentarily seems to have lost sight of the bigger tragic circumstances of the event in his haste to add a little ill-conceived 'humour' to the forum.)

NTTDS was wrong to have posted what he did .... I'm sure he bitterly regrets it now, not because of the ban but because he must have realised since how inappropriate the post was -there can be no humour in such tragic events.

NTTDS is a good bloke, a nice bloke who's made a stupid regrettable mistake in this instance... but he wouldnt have made it maliciously of that I'm pretty certain.

Lets welcome him back asap.. I'm sure he's chastised himself more than enough already over typing what he did.. continuing a forum ban is just rubbing salt into his already self-inflicted wounds...

As far as I'm concerned - Welcome Back NTTDS - you made a bad mistake mate - but all is (or should be) forgiven now.. :hug:

(having said all that.... I voted for NTTDS to serve his ban ... it's a matter for the mods to determine whats appropriate - but I hope it wont be too long.)

Many forum users saw that NTTTDS was banned recently for posting a thread which was, most agree a bit stupid and not very well thought out. It resulted in him being banned from the forum.

Lots of users though that his punishment was too severe and as he has not yet been re-instated I thought I'd create a poll to see how others feel about it now.

No idea what he said so cannot comment.

NTTDS is a good bloke, a nice bloke who's made a stupid regrettable mistake in this instance... but he wouldnt have made it maliciously of that I'm pretty certain.

Lets welcome him back asap.. I'm sure he's chastised himself more than enough already over typing what he did.. continuing a forum ban is just rubbing salt into his already self-inflicted wounds...

As far as I'm concerned - Welcome Back NTTDS - you made a bad mistake mate - but all is (or should be) forgiven now.. :hug:

(having said all that.... I voted for NTTDS to serve his ban ... it's a matter for the mods to determine whats appropriate - but I hope it wont be too long.)

I second this...and can vouch for NTTDS being both a nice bloke and highly responsible. Can't say that I agree with everything he posts but from what I know of him he's genuine and wouldn't want to cause intentional personal offence.

Many forum users saw that NTTTDS was banned recently for posting a thread which was, most agree a bit stupid and not very well thought out. It resulted in him being banned from the forum.

Lots of users though that his punishment was too severe and as he has not yet been re-instated I thought I'd create a poll to see how others feel about it now.

NTTDS is a legend. He's a long standing City supporter that - for instance - actually knew John Galley in person. There are some very sad individuals associated with this football forum in wanting NTTDS banned. NTTDS is at most city games both home and away - do the users of this forum that got him banned have that sort of City supporting pedigree ??????!!!!!!! I bet they bloody don't !!!!

Jesus probably spouted off a lot of dross too (my mate parted the red sea blahblah) but it didn't do him any harm. Till it killed him. At any rate, NTTDS is a genius!

Indeed, NTTDS is a genius. Who else ever thought of using Subbuteo players to get around the embargo of posting images of player formations to show our goals from our latest league games? I feel privileged to actually know NTTDS - top bloke, great character, and a true BCFC legend.

Archived