IGNORED

Monkeh

agent fees last seasonup from 500k the prevous season when we signed "Expensive loan flops"

What they hell are we playing at spending that much money to men just so we can talk to a player,

Agents are the reason the modern game is in a mess not greedy players, but greedy agents,

agent fees last seasonup from 500k the prevous season when we signed "Expensive loan flops"

What they hell are we playing at spending that much money to men just so we can talk to a player,

Agents are the reason the modern game is in a mess not greedy players, but greedy agents,

This idea that clubs should pay agents to finalise a deal is not right IMO

If an agent is needed for a player fine - thats a players perogative.

But clubs should not pay agents anything. I think FIFA should ban all payments made to agents from clubs and the agents should be paid only from the players wages. This will cost clubs less and players more (lets be fair they earn enough).

But clubs should not pay agents anything. I think FIFA should ban all payments made to agents from clubs and the agents should be paid only from the players wages. This will cost clubs less and players more (lets be fair they earn enough).

Agreed. The agent is working on behalf of the player trying to broker the best deal for the player and so should be paid his fee by the player.

While I absolutely agree with you Riaz, all that would happen is the players would demand higher wages to cover their agent costs. The club would still end up footing the bill in the end!

While I absolutely agree with you Riaz, all that would happen is the players would demand higher wages to cover their agent costs. The club would still end up footing the bill in the end!

Of course wage demands would go up to cover this, but it would make the players use the better agents who charge less and would stop agents holding clubs to ransom.

I've heard about loads of deals that have fallen through, because they agent has demanded a huge fee last minute, knowing that the club wants the player

or they get rid of the agent and negoiate directly with the club with out the leech

Totally agree...agents are ruining football...I should know, I have a family relative who is one. And he's a complete tosspot gready bastard, but good for finding info out...that's all.

Football should get rid of Agents, players should negotiate a contract with the club, like we all have to in our day to day jobs, then get a solicitor to read the contract to make sure the player isn't getting shafted. Then sign when happy. Simples...

Archived