IGNORED

Doncaster Match Thread

South Bristol Red

James;

Spence, Wilson, Nyatanga, McAllister;

Adomah, Skuse, Kilkenny, Elliott, Campbell-Ryce;

Maynard.

Gerken not fit enough to start but Elliott and Maynard both fine after injury.

Bench: Stead, Pitman, Woolford, Carey, Gerken

Probably strongest team available at this point in time and should be more than enough to beat Donny, my only disappointment is with the midfield again.

James;

Spence, Wilson, Nyatanga, McAllister;

Adomah, Skuse, Kilkenny, Elliott, Campbell-Ryce;

Maynard.

Gerken not fit enough to start but Elliott and Maynard both fine after injury.

Bench: Stead, Pitman, Woolford, Carey, Gerken

Looks fairly strong written down, but we know the defence is fairly easily breachable and KM seems to reckon our confidence is based on not conceding first - so let's hope we don't!

Nine out of those 11 featured in the Swindon debacle.

Have they got a bit more fire in their bellies today? dunno.gif

I think we may shock some teams away from home this year. We've got a pretty quick attack with Adomah, Maynard and JCR and Elliot likes to get on the end of counter attacks. A bit of strength and resilience in defence and we could make some surprises.

It ain't gonna be no walk in the park like some people are saying, Donny have the ability to play good football and they have Hayter back.

Never underestimate ANYONE in the Championship.

BCAGFC

Hayter is barely half fit and been rushed back because of their striker emergency, to be honest if we believe that we cannot get a result against Donny today, it's going to be a long old season.

Cisse must know that regardless of last season's good form he will never get a start unless either Skuse or Elliot gets injured. One thing is for sure, KM will never drop either. He'll bugger about with the defence and forward combinations but the Skuse and Elliot partnership is sacrosanct.

I also wonder if Clarkson was worth a spot on the bench today. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but in the old days a hat-trick in the reserves was worth at least a place on the bench as a reward. Let's face none of our other forwards (excepting Maynard obviously) have done much to write about so far have they?

Archived