IGNORED

1 Question, 1 Point

Esmond Million's Bung

Question:-if we sell Maynard next week will the board trust Millen with the money or will they hold it back in case he is replaced?.

Point:-it would be good if the Millenistas instead of purely attacking anti Millen posters actually tried to explain their view and their trust in the man and I do not include RR in this point because at least he does have the bottle to back his posts up, the rest just attack posters.

I'm not even sure its a question of would the board back Millen (though I think they probably might). The question is would Millen have enough time to bring another player or two into Ashton Gate

I think the answer to your last sentence is NO and by definition answers your first sentence, also a NO.

I'm not even sure its a question of would the board back Millen (though I think they probably might). The question is would Millen have enough time to bring another player or two into Ashton Gate

That's sort of my point. Another poster alluded to the fact that the board and not Millen were dictating transfer decisions and is everything going to be delayed until the last moment (so as Millen can't sign anybody) does it amount to the same outcome?.

That's sort of my point. Another poster alluded to the fact that the board and not Millen were dictating transfer decisions and is everything going to be delayed until the last moment (so as Millen can't sign anybody) does it amount to the same outcome?.

yup

Expand the question would you trust him with the proceeds of a Maynard sale?.

No I wouldnt, but equally if I were a player I wouldnt sign for a Manager who I thought was only going to last another 5 minutes anyway. Its a bit catch 22 really. We are probably saddled with the bloke til December, at which point he'll either fall on his sword or get pushed... at which point we need several new brooms in BS3

Question:-if we sell Maynard next week will the board trust Millen with the money or will they hold it back in case he is replaced?.

Point:-it would be good if the Millenistas instead of purely attacking anti Millen posters actually tried to explain their view and their trust in the man and I do not include RR in this point because at least he does have the bottle to back his posts up, the rest just attack posters.

Well your point is a load of baloney to be honest as any counter-arguments made in discussions with you and others are simply cast aside as "excuses". With such an attitude to people of a differing view to you is it any wonder nobody wants to discuss things?

On to your question.

It's difficult to speculate on the situation but I don't really get the impression that the board share the views of the vocal minority who want to change the manager following every dropped point. However I don't think that the potential Maynard money being "withheld" would necessarily be an indication of a lack of confidence in Millen. The club has debts and the money might well be put towards those as well as the squad. It's very difficult to speculate.

I'd trust him with it in their shoes because he is the manager of BCFC and he has proven he is more than capable of bringing in good players. It's a shame that some money wasn't made available earlier on, we might have already brought someone in.

It's all irrelevant though. Maynard hasn't gone and I don't think he will.

Well your point is a load of baloney to be honest as any counter-arguments made in discussions with you and others are simply cast aside as "excuses". With such an attitude to people of a differing view to you is it any wonder nobody wants to discuss things?

On to your question.

It's difficult to speculate on the situation but I don't really get the impression that the board share the views of the vocal minority who want to change the manager following every dropped point. However I don't think that the potential Maynard money being "withheld" would necessarily be an indication of a lack of confidence in Millen. The club has debts and the money might well be put towards those as well as the squad. It's very difficult to speculate.

I'd trust him with it in their shoes because he is the manager of BCFC and he has proven he is more than capable of bringing in good players. It's a shame that some money wasn't made available earlier on, we might have already brought someone in.

It's all irrelevant though. Maynard hasn't gone and I don't think he will.

I haven't actually seen any counter arguments, I posted a thread 'what has improved' and RR managed to come up with the coaching set up and the develop squad, both things that won't prove their worth for quite some time, so what has improved JT.

I haven't actually seen any counter arguments, I posted a thread 'what has improved' and RR managed to come up with the coaching set up and the develop squad, both things that won't prove their worth for quite some time, so what has improved JT.

It's difficult to judge improvements if you're willing to look at the wider picture. If your only focus is the team right now then of course there have been minimal improvements. It's the reasons behind the slow progress that seems to be either ignored or labelled an "excuse" and I don't think that is fair at all. It's all very good expecting this that and the other but if you're not willing to accept the entire circumstances then it's very difficult to hold a reasoned debate (Which all of a sudden you seem to be desperate for despite spending the entire summer antagonising anyone who dares post something positive with sarcastic bullshit.)

The team has a little more balance now than last year with the addition of Neil Killkenny, Though I noticed you've already tried to compare him to the former scapegoat, Lee Johnson. Defensively (Despite the assertions after the first two games) we look pretty well drilled and tight. We even looked solid against Ipswich but for the individual howlers that day. We've got strength in depth in the forward area's and in the middle of the park, We've tried to bring defenders in but it's proven difficult which is in no small part down to the financial restrictions at the club at the moment.

Millen has made a lot of strange decisions in his time at the helm, I'm the first to admit that. But he has also made some very good decisions and found formula's that have twice meant we have gone on form table topping runs of form. I personally see enough in the man that if he learns on the job could see him become a very good manager. I've said all along that this season was all about survival and that the club is finally in a position to move properly past the mistakes of the last 3 or so years. We will hopefully see a large turn over of players in and out and a fresh impetus added to the side.

I know you don't buy any of this as it's all been said before and you will simply dismiss it. That is why nobody wants to discuss anything with you. For all the grief you used to give RR during GJ's tenure you haven't half turned out similar..

It's difficult to judge improvements if you're willing to look at the wider picture. If your only focus is the team right now then of course there have been minimal improvements. It's the reasons behind the slow progress that seems to be either ignored or labelled an "excuse" and I don't think that is fair at all. It's all very good expecting this that and the other but if you're not willing to accept the entire circumstances then it's very difficult to hold a reasoned debate (Which all of a sudden you seem to be desperate for despite spending the entire summer antagonising anyone who dares post something positive with sarcastic bullshit.)

The team has a little more balance now than last year with the addition of Neil Killkenny, Though I noticed you've already tried to compare him to the former scapegoat, Lee Johnson. Defensively (Despite the assertions after the first two games) we look pretty well drilled and tight. We even looked solid against Ipswich but for the individual howlers that day. We've got strength in depth in the forward area's and in the middle of the park, We've tried to bring defenders in but it's proven difficult which is in no small part down to the financial restrictions at the club at the moment.

Millen has made a lot of strange decisions in his time at the helm, I'm the first to admit that. But he has also made some very good decisions and found formula's that have twice meant we have gone on form table topping runs of form. I personally see enough in the man that if he learns on the job could see him become a very good manager. I've said all along that this season was all about survival and that the club is finally in a position to move properly past the mistakes of the last 3 or so years. We will hopefully see a large turn over of players in and out and a fresh impetus added to the side.

I know you don't buy any of this as it's all been said before and you will simply dismiss it. That is why nobody wants to discuss anything with you. For all the grief you used to give RR during GJ's tenure you haven't half turned out similar..

Well I really don't know what you thought you read during the summer. My line was I can't wait for the new season, Millen had the summer and pre season and then told us 'no excuses' and then that he expected us to be in the promotion hunt.

As for Killkenny, I actually said the jury is out and that he appeared LJ esque, something several posters and a former poster I spoke to yesterday said to me as well and for the record I have never scapegoated LJ in fact I think some of the vitriol against him on here has been disgusting.

As for RR, I have never spouted anything like the sort of bile that emanated from his keyboard and more importantly I have never posted any unsubstantiated rumour either.

You are really good at telling us that is IMO and then ignoring everybody elses IMO's and usually with aggressive comments, I never dismiss anybody's views and as for people not discussing anything with me, I think you'll find that really it's only the Millen glee club (of which I am not suggesting you are a member) and out of that club at least RR try's to defend his position, the rest yet again surprise surprise just use abuse as their only weapon.

However I do admit to the charge of sarcasm, perhaps you ought to spend sometime in the football dressing room enviroment, you might understand it a little more if you did.

Interesting question.

Personally I think that the mixed messages coming from CS "We will strengthen the Squad" - KM "I need to sell before I buy", probably point to somehwhere in the middle. KM would be given some money, but CS would also (probably) like to use some of the money to wipe out the burdgeoning debt.

Would I see this as a vote of confidence in KM? I would see this as totally sensible business practice. Neither an endorsement or a vote of no confidence by the board in KM's abilities.

Personally I would prefer the sale of NM to come in the last minute of the transfer window so KM doesn't get an opportunity to spend on permanent players. Not because I am anti-Millen, but purely because I believe he is a better user of the loan window than on permanent signings. It would also ring-fence the NM money for a later transfer window, where the permanent transfer of a player in, can be carefully considered, rather than the 12th hour panic buy that rarely works for ANY club.

Well I really don't know what you thought you read during the summer. My line was I can't wait for the new season, Millen had the summer and pre season and then told us 'no excuses' and then that he expected us to be in the promotion hunt.

As for Killkenny, I actually said the jury is out and that he appeared LJ esque, something several posters and a former poster I spoke to yesterday said to me as well and for the record I have never scapegoated LJ in fact I think some of the vitriol against him on here has been disgusting.

As for RR, I have never spouted anything like the sort of bile that emanated from his keyboard and more importantly I have never posted any unsubstantiated rumour either.

You are really good at telling us that is IMO and then ignoring everybody elses IMO's and usually with aggressive comments, I never dismiss anybody's views and as for people not discussing anything with me, I think you'll find that really it's only the Millen glee club (of which I am not suggesting you are a member) and out of that club at least RR try's to defend his position, the rest yet again surprise surprise just use abuse as their only weapon.

However I do admit to the charge of sarcasm, perhaps you ought to spend sometime in the football dressing room enviroment, you might understand it a little more if you did.

Personally, I can't wait for Jordan to discover girls. I'm waiting for the Monday morning when he announces he's off as he he got his slug wet on the weekend. In my opinion of course.

Archived