2009 Pro 40 league -Runners up

2009 T20 - Runners up

2010 Pro 40 -Runners up

2010 T20 -Runners up

2010 Championship -Runners up

2011 T20 -Runners up

2011 Pro 40 ?

2011 Championship ?

Can we ever get over the finish line in first place?

I wouldn't swap the last two years for the dross Glos' have served up in that time.

I wouldn't swap the last two years for the dross Glos' have served up in that time.

Got the youngsters in.

We did pick up a small matter of SEVEN titles in five years a few years ago! (and I wouldn't swap that for your bridesmaid scenario)

Anyway, who cares, it's only beach cricket, look where Lester are in the REAL table that tells you all you need to know about T20.

Anyway, who cares, it's only beach cricket, look where Lester are in the REAL table that tells you all you need to know about T20.

That's one way of looking at it...

Another way though is that Leicestershire viewed themselves as having little chance of success at this level- and they have won 3 out of 5 20/20 tournaments apparently, and even if they developed good players (Broad a prime example) they would just move to another county. Hence they put their eggs in the 20/20 basket and a shot at 20/20 CL. Could see more sides doing this given a side gets some $700k (£400k?) just for participating in 20/20 CL.

Archived