IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

spudski

Does anyone else think there is something fishy going on with Liam Fontaine?

According to the Club he is injured. Yet was able to go to Southampton and pass their medical. The talks broke down...but no one will issue a statement as to why. The Club have said they will refuse to talk about it.

According to his Agent, he is physically fit. If so, why is the Club saying he is injured and not playing him?

Something very odd imho...

See this link.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/9214276.Fontaine_s_agent_denies_ankle_concerns/

Does anyone else think there is something fishy going on with Liam Fontaine?

According to the Club he is injured. Yet was able to go to Southampton and pass their medical. The talks broke down...but no one will issue a statement as to why. The Club have said they will refuse to talk about it.

According to his Agent, he is physically fit. If so, why is the Club saying he is injured and not playing him?

Something very odd imho...

See this link.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/9214276.Fontaine_s_agent_denies_ankle_concerns/

Doesn't say he's fit says about long term fitness.

Your reading to much into it

he didn't pass a medical at Southampton their medical team were concerned about the state of his ankle. His agent is the only one defending his fitness and sounded like a spin doctor, I think there is every reason for concern.

I have it on good terms that he did pass the medical and fitness test, from someone at Southampton.

How long does his current contract with us have remaining?.....

(this is purely speculative on my part, a wild conspiracy theory if you like)

but.... at present player concerned is out of action through injury & is apparently available for transfer at aroung 800K ... so prospective buying club buys a currently unplayable player if proceeding now.

How about running down the existing contract for a few months (til January) -hopefully player will then be fit & ready to play, he will have fewer contracted months remaining (therefore possibly transfer market value has decreased accordingly by maybe a few hundred thousand).. buying club could then offer player better personal terms (based on reduction of transfer fee).. & have the new player out on the field playing rather than in the treatment room..

Everybody's happy..player, new club ... everybody except BCFC.

On the other hand if the contract has some way to go, or has been extended, my outrageous theory is blown outta the water.. :dunno:

I don't know how much we are paying Fonts, but i heard it was personal terms that couldn't be agreed.

We must be paying him loads if Saints can't match it, and he has turned them down. A much better prospect than us.

Perhaps he will just run down his contract.

I don't know how much we are paying Fonts, but i heard it was personal terms that couldn't be agreed.

We must be paying him loads if Saints can't match it, and he has turned them down. A much better prospect than us.

I seem to recall Colin saying we were in the top 8 of wage bills in the Championship so Saints may well pay less. Players often run down their contracts so they will get a higher wage/signing on fee, no transfer fee being involved.

I will bet very good money that the wage we are paying him is above what Southampton can afford/willing to pay.

I dont know why it suprises our fans, we pay good money at this level. Southampton may well be a bigger club with a bigger stadium etc but they have just come up from League 1 and have a wage structure in place. I doubt any of there players are on more than 12 k a week, Liam must be on 8/9 k a week and probably asked for a significant increase on this and they refused IMO.

I seem to recall Colin saying we were in the top 8 of wage bills in the Championship so Saints may well pay less. Players often run down their contracts so they will get a higher wage/signing on fee, no transfer fee being involved.

is that down to individual wage deals... or due to fact we have so many 'wasters' on senior wages on our books?...

I cant wait til the New bloody Year... when we'll all have a better ideal where we stand... at the moment we cant see the wood for the trees.

I have it on good terms that he did pass the medical and fitness test, from someone at Southampton.

Is it merely conisidence that you have an "inside source" at pretty much every club that has any rumour of dealings with City, together with most of our ex managers and players?!

Strange how none of them ever give you anything positive or constructive to share with us on here!

I was told Wednesday afternoon that he has failed the medical, and that was by someone who works at BCFC...

Lots of different stories flying about.

I went back to take another look at the original BBC story I was quoting but it appears to have ben edited, ther was definitely a quote from Liams agent on there and a statement that it was the ankle that Saints were worried about. Now it just hints at it by mentioning the ankle, which makes it look like an odd thing to say, without any other references to it.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14645578.stm

ahh dammit ... thats one of my pet hates too ... argghhh . IDEA

Oh come on... it's a Bristolian thing, like Asdal and cinemal, more power to it, regional accents are getting far too watered down these days, especially with the bloody 'upward inflection' and the West Indian 'Patois' style street-talk that all the kids use. :dunno:

Oh come on... it's a Bristolian thing, like Asdal and cinemal, more power to it, regional accents are getting far too watered down these days, especially with the bloody 'upward inflection' and the West Indian 'Patois' style street-talk that all the kids use. :dunno:

Where I come from it's "Idear". And Asda would be "Asdaw". Innit? :innocent06:

I love regional accents too but writing it the way you say it is a different matter. Old fart, me?

I went back to take another look at the original BBC story I was quoting but it appears to have ben edited, ther was definitely a quote from Liams agent on there and a statement that it was the ankle that Saints were worried about. Now it just hints at it by mentioning the ankle, which makes it look like an odd thing to say, without any other references to it.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14645578.stm

KM is saying Fonts is out for three weeks, presumably the saints fitness people pushed him hard and his ankle wasn't up to it.

he didn't pass a medical at Southampton their medical team were concerned about the state of his ankle. His agent is the only one defending his fitness and sounded like a spin doctor, I think there is every reason for concern.

When I spoke to him at City

He said it was not because of his injury

He was obviously lying

I don't blame Southampton pulling out

You don't pay 1mill for an injured player!!!!!

City must be gutted

Archived