IGNORED

Clarkson

Murraysrightplum

always does it for the reserves (we're playing a west brom 2nd or 3rd string remember)

Always calls to put him in the first team and when he does he does sweet F A need him off the bookes never going to be good enough for the championship

Who else have we got like him (i.e. a proper footballer with a bit of vision)? Fair enough he isn't Iniesta but definitely something different IMO

Pitman has the same vision and also the touch, passing and finishing to go with it.

Clarkson's not good enough to put him in the luxury hole and lose a midfielder or a striker.

Pitman has the same vision and also the touch, passing and finishing to go with it.

Clarkson's not good enough to put him in the luxury hole and lose a midfielder or a striker.

But we are playing with 3 central midfielders all of whom are doing pretty much the same job. I think we can afford to have one playing off the striker, with the other 2 more defensive minded. I'd like to see Bobby Reid in there as he did well in preseason.

But we are playing with 3 central midfielders all of whom are doing pretty much the same job. I think we can afford to have one playing off the striker, with the other 2 more defensive minded. I'd like to see Bobby Reid in there as he did well in preseason.

Kilkenny is different to the other two I think but yes if you want to play 433 you could put one in the hole. I'd rather see Pitman there than Clarkson though.

I haven't seen Reid but agree reports said he did well in pre-season, maybe he'd be on the bench if we had 7 subs but wouldn't be against trying him.

Who else have we got like him (i.e. a proper footballer with a bit of vision)? Fair enough he isn't Iniesta but definitely something different IMO

Who else have we got like him?

No one thankfully! He's awful, and not a 'proper footballer' with a bit of vision. Kilkenny if anyone else.

Kilkenny is different to the other two I think but yes if you want to play 433 you could put one in the hole. I'd rather see Pitman there than Clarkson though.

I haven't seen Reid but agree reports said he did well in pre-season, maybe he'd be on the bench if we had 7 subs but wouldn't be against trying him.

We are playing 4-5-1 so 3 central midfielders, all falling over each other doing the same job. Stick someone further forward so Maynard isn't isolated. Fair enough Pitman could be a good option but Clarkson is obviously playing well at the moment. What is the point in having reserve fixtures if players don't get put in the first team after playing well in the reserves? Confidence is a massive part of football....

We are playing 4-5-1 so 3 central midfielders, all falling over each other doing the same job. Stick someone further forward so Maynard isn't isolated. Fair enough Pitman could be a good option but Clarkson is obviously playing well at the moment. What is the point in having reserve fixtures if players don't get put in the first team after playing well in the reserves? Confidence is a massive part of football....

like we did last season when it didn't work?

both and it didn't work both times he kept getting knocked off the ball

Fair enough about Clarkson, but at Donny on saturday it was clear that we needed a midfielder further forward, preferably someone who can actually pass (i.e. not Skuse or Elliott) Kilkenny didn't look comfortable there. Are you happy with 3 deep lying midfielders in the middle of the park then Monkeh?

Fair enough about Clarkson, but at Donny on saturday it was clear that we needed a midfielder further forward, preferably someone who can actually pass (i.e. not Skuse or Elliott) Kilkenny didn't look comfortable there. Are you happy with 3 deep lying midfielders in the middle of the park then Monkeh?

Im happy with 3 deep lying midfielders. The whole point of a 4-5-1 is when you attack it becomes a 4-3-3 with the wingers bombing on to support the striker. Were not good enough to be playing a more open style.

He does have a football brain and certainly has an eye for a pass. You'd think by playing Elliott and Skuse all the bleedin time they'd protect him and allow him time to make decent passes, but it never seems to work out that way. He gets caught in possession a lot.

Besides, with the way we're hoofing the ball forward all the time, Clarksons talents would be wasted!

Archived