IGNORED

Sexton Interview

Murraysrightplum

Lansdown still backing manager financially

Bids made for several players, some rejected, some players wouldn't come

Leicester made several big bids for Nicky

Fontaine had ankle issue that put off Southampton, will be offered new contract

Stadium protest ongoing, high court judge will decide whether to throw out protests. Full judicial review if not.

Results better than last year but still not what we hoped, tough league, optimistic about quality of squad. Need to be positive. Want to push on and build on achievements from last few years.

to sum it up

Can't hide behind hands are tied excuse any more

Can't attract players at the moment but loans should be coming in

Fonts offered new contract tough one wouldn't be suprised if he turned it down but good to hear

Nimby are a pain in the arse and expect them to fail,

and we've not had the best of starts but 1 win away from a better start then last year sort it out millen as you have a decent squad and I'll continue to back you,

Thats how I read it, at least he's not contridicting millen this time

Just get them playing some entertaining football at home and I'll be happy

Stadium protest ongoing, high court judge will decide whether to throw out protests. Full judicial review if not.

Results better than last year but still not what we hoped, tough league, optimistic about quality of squad. Need to be positive. Want to push on and build on achievements from last few years.

No Prem club in for Maynard - board united in not wanting to sell to championship club

Hope now to agree contract with NM

Fontaine discussions with Saints exploratory

JR request has not yet been registered with court though club expect it to happen.

Bold package for Brighton game - hoping for good crowd and good atmosphere

well established championship side need to build.

Am sure someone will pick holes but seemed entirely reasonable to me,

He's wrong on the last point; results are actually WORSE than last year if you consider the whole picture, i.e. goal diff. 5 games, 5 pts. Do your research Mr. Chairman. Any other view than this is spin.

Some player's would not come... what he meant to say was all but one came. Somewhat telling. Still, that's the pack of cards dealt to the fans, now support the team and stop moaning. Lovely.

No Prem club in for Maynard - board united in not wanting to sell to championship club

Hope now to agree contract with NM

Fontaine discussions with Saints exploratory

JR request has not yet been registered with court though club expect it to happen.

Bold package for Brighton game - hoping for good crowd and good atmosphere

well established championship side need to build.

Am sure someone will pick holes but seemed entirely reasonable to me,

A decent response. Better than Fontaine deal as fallen through there will be no more comment from the club.

That is all I want, a professional non contradictory response

by the tone of that the club were willing to deal, maybe maynard didn't want to move?

Didn't sound that way to me, I heard that as "and yet still we stuck to our guns".

Maynard never wanted to go all the way through, presumably made sticking to them a bit easier.

Would'nt it be nice if perhaps the Sexstone interview had said what most of us know, carrot and stick approach, Stick = Forget what Millen said at the beginning of the season about promotion, avoiding relegation is our aim. Carrot = during the summer we will build a side around Maynard or Pitman, Elliott, Adomah, Wilson and Fontaine etc. a team that will actually be capable of mounting a serious challenge.

He's wrong on the last point; results are actually WORSE than last year if you consider the whole picture, i.e. goal diff. 5 games, 5 pts. Do your research Mr. Chairman. Any other view than this is spin.

Some player's would not come... what he meant to say was all but one came. Somewhat telling. Still, that's the pack of cards dealt to the fans, now support the team and stop moaning. Lovely.

All but one came so your view is we were only in for one other player?

I'm really not sure i believe half the stuff that comes out of AG.

So Southampton are put off by fontaines ankle and we are going to offer him a new contract! Well that makes sense then... Good enough for us but not Southampton. And Fontaine takes a Fitness test at Southampton whilst supposedly injured? Yet his Agent says he's fit and nothing wrong with him.

Results better than last year...not difficult.

Sorry I don't believe half of what comes out of this Club anymore.

Surely the board would be telling Milley not to contadict them all the time, if they were right?

Archived