IGNORED

A Reminder..

Jordan Tansley

Watching the Swindle v Rotherham match on sky and I must admit that I have never been so grateful to support a club that plays in this division.

People think McCalister plays aimless long punts but watching this crap has made me realise we have it a bit better than people make out.

It could be worse lads, we could support the sad sags in that division.

Now I'm bored of this garb, time to put the cricket back on.

Not really the point though is it. We don't watch this crud every week. We watch some bloody good footballers at AG.

I know which club I'd rather support...

The point is that we have the defensive ability of a L2 side & also that a L2 side has more desire to win headers in both boxes.

BCAGFC

What Ive been watching down the Gate recently would suggest otherwise!

Which would suggest you have some warped motivation to moan about anything at all then.

Even at the end of Johnson's era the football was never ever as bad as the 35 minutes I watched of today's game.

It ain't great, but it's literally leagues ahead of what all our local rivals have to watch.

Which would suggest you have some warped motivation to moan about anything at all then.

Even at the end of Johnson's era the football was never ever as bad as the 35 minutes I watched of today's game.

It ain't great, but it's literally leagues ahead of what all our local rivals have to watch.

Well so it should be. This is the NPC and that is League 2. And the football we play seems no different to theirs. :innocent06:

As another poster said above, yes we do see good players and good football played down here. But mostly comes from the opposition :laughcont:

I don't have a clue how these people drag themselves out of bed in the mornings...

Possibly becasue they may not agree with you - simple as - I watched Swindle V Roth as well and I have seem many a game at the Gate that was worse - and seen us play worse than Swindle did today?

Not really the point though is it. We don't watch this crud every week. We watch some bloody good footballers at AG.

I know which club I'd rather support...

I wish i was as easily pleased as you Jordan. You remind me of myself when i used to watch City in the 80's. I thought it was ok then too. The innocence of youth...I hope that doesn't come across as patronising either, as i respect your posts.

Tbh...I've not been impressed by the quality of football played in the Championship for a while. Come to that...English football in general.The last time i actually got excited at watching a team in this League was Swansea last year. I also enjoy watching Arsenal in the Prem and to a lesser degree Spurs. As you probably know, I find watching Spanish, Italian and Dutch football more to my liking, so i'm quiet hard to please here, as that style of football is few and far between.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Spanish fella does at Brighton. Perhaps Poyet will consider going down the Swansea route a little. I've been impressed with the standard of football from some of the lesser known South American Teams lately. Maybe Poyet will have some contacts there too...would be good to see. Shame our Chilean lad never worked out...he had something about him.

Old Esmond making comments about things he doesn't know about... It's one of those "you had to be there" things... Bit like football really.........

I feel s little sorry for you Jordan, what year did you first start watching city? O know you are relatively young, but the standard of football to actually watch has dropped consistantly for about 20 years. With a couple of highlight seasons. I can honsetly say you have witnessed city playing some garbage in your life but do not have the years to have experienced, hoe they can play. Saying that, the best football I saw was for a 5 game period under Wilson with 5 in midfield tommy, hulbert and burnell in the centre, tinnion left Murray right. For that spell we were untouchable playing some wonderful flowing football.

I feel s little sorry for you Jordan, what year did you first start watching city? O know you are relatively young, but the standard of football to actually watch has dropped consistantly for about 20 years. With a couple of highlight seasons. I can honsetly say you have witnessed city playing some garbage in your life but do not have the years to have experienced, hoe they can play. Saying that, the best football I saw was for a 5 game period under Wilson with 5 in midfield tommy, hulbert and burnell in the centre, tinnion left Murray right. For that spell we were untouchable playing some wonderful flowing football.

I was thinking earlier when was the last game we played where we were actually better than the opposition overall? Where we overall were too good for them on the day? And dominated the entire game start to finish. And I mean a good game where we played a team who were actually perhaps on a good little run. Not like when we had Sheff Utd & Derby at home who themselves were just poor and we took advantage of that. I would even say when we beat Cardiff last year on the day they were poor.

An example would be when Swansea played us at AG last season. They done us over from the 1st minute to the last minute. And all in all they were too good for us with their passing and attacking football and we would never match them if even we were playing our best.

In the last 5 or 6 years we have not played any type of attractive football unfortunately. Im mauling over a game such as I have explained, where perhaps two good teams were up against eachother, both tried to play good football but on the day one team gave it a little bit more to earn that win.

We don't watch this crud every week

We have been recently, certainly this season we have.

But I agree with your point tho. I'd hate for us to be releagated, where the football is dire and alot of teams really do roll over.

At least in this division every game is tough, therefore every win/point must be earned.

I was thinking earlier when was the last game we played where we were actually better than the opposition overall? Where we overall were too good for them on the day? And dominated the entire game start to finish. And I mean a good game where we played a team who were actually perhaps on a good little run. Not like when we had Sheff Utd & Derby at home who themselves were just poor and we took advantage of that. I would even say when we beat Cardiff last year on the day they were poor.

An example would be when Swansea played us at AG last season. They done us over from the 1st minute to the last minute. And all in all they were too good for us with their passing and attacking football and we would never match them if even we were playing our best.

In the last 5 or 6 years we have not played any type of attractive football unfortunately. Im mauling over a game such as I have explained, where perhaps two good teams were up against eachother, both tried to play good football but on the day one team gave it a little bit more to earn that win.

We made them look poor that day. They had a few chances early in the game but we were too good for them on the day. Surely we deserve some credit for that?

We have been recently, certainly this season we have.

But I agree with your point tho. I'd hate for us to be releagated, where the football is dire and alot of teams really do roll over.

At least in this division every game is tough, therefore every win/point must be earned.

Very true indeed, that is why staying in this league is very important, but a little improvement would be nice along the way.

We made them look poor that day. They had a few chances early in the game but we were too good for them on the day. Surely we deserve some credit for that?

Im not taking credit away at all. It's great to take advantage from that. In which we did. But I wish to remember right now the last game we played where both teams played well, gave a good performance but on the day we deserved it more and got the result.

Im not taking credit away at all. It's great to take advantage from that. In which we did. But I wish to remember right now the last game we played where both teams played well, gave a good performance but on the day we deserved it more and got the result.

The last one's that spring to mind are Middelsborough & West Brom at home the season before last, & Newcastle (although we only drew). Reading at home last season , cant think of too many others though.

Been going since the promotion season under John Ward, seen us play at both Wembleys, Cardiff twice and promoted twice. I've seen us beat Premier League opposition and finish outside the top ten only 2 or 3 times.

Supporting city really has been awful in my lifetime yes...

Been going since the promotion season under John Ward, seen us play at both Wembleys, Cardiff twice and promoted twice. I've seen us beat Premier League opposition and finish outside the top ten only 2 or 3 times.

Supporting city really has been awful in my lifetime yes...

I wasn't talking about winning things, I was talking about the standard of football. I really only remember a handful of seasons when the football on show was good since then. The football played when Ward got us promoted was effective but i would not call it attractive. I think Benny got us playing a few games where the football flowed nicely I think it was the 2nd season in Charge Wilson got us playing some good football. But apart from that in the past 10-15 years I cannot remember any really good attacking city teams that were a joy to watch.

JohnsonaAnd Ward got us playing effective football, that is for sure, entertaining on the eye? Ward sometimes. Johnson... Well I am hard pressed to remember an run of games under Johnson when we looked good on the eye, the occasional good game but generally he made us hard to beat.

Don't get me wrong we had so good nights at the gate and some fairly good times. I Just fell for pure entertainment we have been lacking over the past few year.

And you are very sarcastic for one so young. its the lowest form of wit don't you know.

Archived