IGNORED

Danny Wilson

DelliottBcfc21

Be worth asking the question certainly. I imagine he will want to be fairly sure of a starting place though and we have quite a few centre halves. (Wilson, Nyatanga, Fontaine when he's fit, Carey, Ribeiro if he's ever fit and even Stewart though he's out of favour).

Be worth asking the question certainly. I imagine he will want to be fairly sure of a starting place though and we have quite a few centre halves. (Wilson, Nyatanga, Fontaine when he's fit, Carey, Ribeiro if he's ever fit and even Stewart though he's out of favour).

e

Why have a another snipe at Ribeiro. he's been fit and played in last 4 reserve matches.

He is now 4th choice RB. Difficult to understand, why when Charlton tried to loan / buy him a couple of weeks ago they were turned away.

Assume will be allowed to go out loan soon and then let his contract run down and go on "tribunal agreed fee" at end of year.

Why have a another snipe at Ribeiro. he's been fit and played in last 4 reserve matches.

He is now 4th choice RB. Difficult to understand, why when Charlton tried to loan / buy him a couple of weeks ago they were turned away.

Assume will be allowed to go out loan soon and then let his contract run down and go on "tribunal agreed fee" at end of year.

It wasn't a snipe really. Playing half a reserve game isn't match fit for the first XI and the fact is every time he gets a run in the side he is injured after a few games and out for at least a month. I'd _love_ him to make it but it doesn't look promising.

He won't be released if there's any prospect of him being able to physically play the game at this level for 40 games a season because he's very talented, but he's no youngster any more and his body doesn't seem up to it.

e

Yes I understand he has been playing and training exceptionally well infact he is better in the RB position than any of those in front of him in the pecking order and certainly as good as Spence of what Ive seen of both so far. Spence might just have the edge defensively but hes no where near as good going forward as Ribeiro.

Pisses me off when everyone keeps referring to him as some sort of sicknote..wasnt wonder boy out for a whole season? (and now hes holding the club to random) and havent most of the back four been injured at some stage during the last 6 Months.

I cant for the life of me see why Millen doesnt give him a go at LB as he apparently has played there with aplomb in the last two freindlies. Must be some issues there.... perhaps its the fact that Ribeiro can actually string a sentance together and Millen cant understand him.:noexp:

It wasn't a snipe really. Playing half a reserve game isn't match fit for the first XI and the fact is every time he gets a run in the side he is injured after a few games and out for at least a month. I'd _love_ him to make it but it doesn't look promising.

He won't be released if there's any prospect of him being able to physically play the game at this level for 40 games a season because he's very talented, but he's no youngster any more and his body doesn't seem up to it.

I think you will find he has played 315 minutes of football injury free.

Any way he will get injurries in the future no doubt about it

Show me a player who can play 40 games a season in this kick and rush league... and I'll kiss Millen on live TV stick a leek up my ass and sing Jerusalem at the next bardiff home game.:laughcont:

I live with two liverpool fans and have seen this guy and I assure you he is a fantastic player. I would love to see him down the gate. Don't know how likely we are to get him but I'd be delighted.

Why Oh why do we want another loanee defender ? weve got plenty....Weve got the fuel just need someone to fill the tank, start the engine and keep it running.....:yes:

Show me a player who can play 40 games a season in this kick and rush league... and I'll kiss Millen on live TV stick a leek up my ass and sing Jerusalem at the next bardiff home game.:laughcont:

315 whole minutes of reserve football? The very fact you think that is worth noting makes my point for me doesn't it.

The following players in our squad have managed 40 or more league games in a season: James, Elliott, Adomah, Maynard, Skuse... shit even Paul Hartley did it.

It's all very well wanting young players we've brought through to do well, but please don't kid yourself. The boy is very talented and made of glass, it's why he isn't in the first team.

That's not the manager's fault nor Jordan Spence's.

Last season - James , Elliot & Adomah

Previous season - Maynard

Previous season - Johnson , McIndoe , Basso , Fontaine

I'll ring channel 5 shall I !!! :innocent06:

315 whole minutes of reserve football? The very fact you think that is worth noting makes my point for me doesn't it.

The following players in our squad have managed 40 or more league games in a season: James, Elliott, Adomah, Maynard, Skuse... shit even Paul Hartley did it.

It's all very well wanting young players we've brought through to do well, but please don't kid yourself. The boy is very talented and made of glass, it's why he isn't in the first team.

That's not the manager's fault nor Jordan Spence's.

Maybe not...but hes not made of glass...just had a run of bad luck and recurrent injury connected to his Cruciate rupture..

No..Millen obviously has some issue with both Ribeiro and Hunt both of whom have been playing exceptionally well of late.:yes:

Has played the last 4 reserve matches, Had to play only half in the last because as stated is behind so many players cannot get into starting reserves when others are available. As for " not being released|" surely that depends on City wanting to offer a new contract and Ribeiro wanting to sign it? With City paying out such good money for Spence, even if in form, club would be very unlikely to play Ribs without Mgt being open to criticism on unecessary spending. Might interest a few clubs once out of contract and be off City's books Sounds like a win win.

riberio is over rated,

Never fit when he was got picked for 8 games before losing his place to carey

I would of got rid last year Wilson and edwards are better players whats the point in having a right back who is good going forward (he can't cross) but is a shocking defender,

riberio is over rated,

I would of got rid last year Wilson and edwards are better players whats the point in having a right back who is good going forward (he can't cross) but is a shocking defender,

Christ sake monkeh its obvious you take a wrong turn on the way to the game and end up on the common.....thats just plain rubbish best Player on the Park against Reading and also against Charlton on tour in the pre season.... Were you there to see him?

riberio is over rated,

You're not alone in your opinion. Can only assume you're somewhat bluntly expressed views are the same as the Clubs. Except the selling bit, because they chose to to sell at that time.

Maybe not...but hes not made of glass...just had a run of bad luck and recurrent injury connected to his Cruciate rupture..

It was over three years ago he did his cruciate, and he had injuries before that that weren't infrequent. I remember him pulling out of a couple of wales u-21 squads for injury as well.

No..Millen obviously has some issue with both Ribeiro and Hunt both of whom have been playing exceptionally well of late.:yes:

His issue with Hunt is that he was completely shit the few times he played and has destroyed the manager's confidence in him as well as his teammates. A few good reserve games when he knows he won't be in the first XI is not going to change that. His issue with Ribeiro is as ever that he can't rely on him staying fit though if we had 7 subs maybe he'd be more involved.

Has played the last 4 reserve matches, Had to play only half in the last because as stated is behind so many players cannot get into starting reserves when others are available. As for " not being released|" surely that depends on City wanting to offer a new contract and Ribeiro wanting to sign it?

Not really, he's a player under 24 we've developed. The club will most likely offer him a new deal and if he chooses not to sign it we'll get compo. He won't be released IMO.

With City paying out such good money for Spence, even if in form, club would be very unlikely to play Ribs without Mgt being open to criticism on unecessary spending. Might interest a few clubs once out of contract and be off City's books Sounds like a win win.

I think that the manager will pick what he thinks is the best team, Spence is here because Ribeiro isn't a player Millen has been able to rely on no matter how much he rates him and if money came into it, Cisse, Hunt and Stewart would be involved.

In Ribeiro's case 315 minutes probably is worth noting.

It's only his fitness which is in doubt and if he's getting through games regularly and building up his own ( and the managers') confidence that he can do so then he will get another chance in the first team imo.

This forum really staggers me some times. We have NO-ONE at the moment better than Danny Wilson, fit or otherwise. He would improve our defence considerably. If as has been suggested Stewart is heading out on loan, McAllister is out for at least 2 months, Fonts is some way off fitness, Ribs (who I really rate incidentally) still has a huge ? over his sustained fitness and Louis is now clearly in the twilight of his career, the chance to sign a young player who can play at both CB and LB, was capped again by Scotland yesterday and has played his club football at Rangers and Liverpool is too good to miss. He's not quite 20 years old but has more senior top flight experience than Caulker, Spence, Rose and McGivern combined.

If City could get Wilson in it would be a very very significant signing.

Devil's advocate question.

I don't doubt Wilson's ability but if we signed him then our back 5 would comparise a 40+ goalkeeper possibly playing his last season, and 3 loanees probably unlikely to be here come the end of the season.

What does it say about the club developing players for the future?

Devil's advocate question.

I don't doubt Wilson's ability but if we signed him then our back 5 would comparise a 40+ goalkeeper possibly playing his last season, and 3 loanees probably unlikely to be here come the end of the season.

What does it say about the club developing players for the future?

Its an excellant question which was asked on here a while back after Caulker's departure. The veiw of many was that lots of other teams in the Championship use PL loanee's and for City not to use the system would put us at a disadvantage. Can't argue against that p.o.v.

Personally I don't like it and think its papering over the cracks in the squad and as pointed out, limits the development of academy/development players. City stayed in the Championship last season when using two players that are owned by other clubs and that doesn't feel right to me. When these players go back to their parent clubs it leaves a huge gap in playing resources and leaves the manager trying to find similair replacements when his time could be better spent in other ways.

Despite my reservations I can't see it changing.

Its an excellant question which was asked on here a while back after Caulker's departure. The veiw of many was that lots of other teams in the Championship use PL loanee's and for City not to use the system would put us at a disadvantage. Can't argue against that p.o.v.

Personally I don't like it and think its papering over the cracks in the squad and as pointed out, limits the development of academy/development players. City stayed in the Championship last season when using two players that are owned by other clubs and that doesn't feel right to me. When these players go back to their parent clubs it leaves a huge gap in playing resources and leaves the manager trying to find similair replacements when his time could be better spent in other ways.

Despite my reservations I can't see it changing.

I agree that an over reliance on loan players is not a good policy in the long term. However , as you and many other posters are at pains to point out , we have an over inflated squad that needs addressing at the end of the season. A few loan deals to get us to that point or at least until the January window opens is the only option available to us at present.

Archived