IGNORED

Alfred The Gorrilla

foghornred

If fans are so keen to keep Alfred at Ashton Gate, Ive got an idea....

The club may not find it financially viable to bid for the Gorilla. As frustrating as it is for fans, unfortunately the Gorilla wont be high on the list of priorities to be spending money on at the moment, although Im sure that the powers that be will be giving it a lot of thought.

So why doesnt somebody do a supporters collection for the Gorilla. If every regular user on this forum put in just £1 then surely thats a good £1000-£2000 straight away. Then perhaps there can be some sort of (short notice I know) bucket collection at the Brighton game - if the club would allow it. Then what ever money raised can be the highest bid by whoever is going to head up the collection (perhaps the supporters trust?). IF the money raised is not high enough to match the winning bid then the money can automatically be donated to the supporters trust or towards another very worthwhile cause connected to the club or the fans.

But surely, with all the fans on here and a potential collection inside Ashton Gate would more than raise enough to be the highest bidder for Alfred. Then any money left over can go towards the trust (or as above any other good cause connected to the club or its fans)

Id start by offering £5 towards it....

@Kev_a_Smith do u know if the club are looking to make a bid to keep Alfred the gorilla? Got to make good commercial sense - fun too!

@iansabbath I don't expect we will at this stage, we're wary that the novelty of Alfred might wear off... Its very much "of the moment"

Only the paint will wear off over time.. ( I'm sure 'the club' would get a positive reaction from the ST for ongoing maintainance when they inevitably turn to the fans to provide funding for pots of red & white paint & a brush when the time comes :farmer: )

FFS its not exactly gonna cost a fortune is it?... lots of City fans would like to see Alfred made a fixture at the club (specially the younger ones who'd love him - many already do ) ... so come on Bristol City, Alfred is already a fans favourite (more popular than some of the players at the moment!!) GET A BID IN.

(the fans are raising funds for the John Atyeo statue - (again maybe the club feels his appeal is only 'of the moment too? or I'm sure they wouldve helped out with that!!).... GO GET ALFRED CITY - DONT BE SUCH TIGHT-ARSES & the money goes to good causes too!!.

Only the paint will wear off over time.. ( I'm sure 'the club' would get a positive reaction from the ST for ongoing maintainance when they inevitably turn to the fans to provide funding for pots of red & white paint & a brush when the time comes :farmer: )

FFS its not exactly gonna cost a fortune is it?... lots of City fans would like to see Alfred made a fixture at the club (specially the younger ones who'd love him - many already do ) ... so come on Bristol City, Alfred is already a fans favourite (more popular than some of the players at the moment!!) GET A BID IN.

(the fans are raising funds for the John Atyeo statue - (again maybe the club feels his appeal is only 'of the moment too? or I'm sure they wouldve helped out with that!!).... GO GET ALFRED CITY - DONT BE SUCH TIGHT-ARSES & the money goes to good causes too!!.

... but it's money that could be saved up for our hot air balloon! :(

I hope the amount of the winning bids are revealed.

Be good to see a league table. Obviously ours pushing for champions league spaces with the gas one down the bottom just happy with a single bid.

Driving home from work tonight down the Gloucester Road I noticed that "Irene" had disappeared, but Alfred is still standing proudly outside the City shop.

Proof, if proof were needed, that we are better than them. Or maybe they just haven't got round to moving Alfred yet.

....if we're struggling during the first half today... nip outside at halftime & give Alfred a pat on the head for luck!!!

(he could be our missing link... a lucky charm for BCFC) :fingerscrossed:

Noone bothered to do this yesterday then obviously.... thought at least Millen would have turned to Alfred for help ... anythings gotta worth a try at the moment ... innit?? ;)

terrible mamagement :disapointed2se: .

Archived