IGNORED

** Clubs Tries New Initiatives To Get Fans In...**

PFree

Just thinking... These offers are all well and good but how do people actually find out about them? I'm not over there anymore but i don't ever remember city advertising anything so does that mean we are relying on people bothering to look at the website and word of mouth?

Over here (attendances for most sports in Sydney are also poor) they at least advertise games on the radio and the also give local radio stations tickets to give away as prizes. I'm all for giving away 100's of tickets to school kids but chances are if the come without their family they are unlikely to come back as persuading mum and dad to take you is a different prospect when they actually have to pay. Whereas if mum and dad win a family pass/ hear about cheap tickets on the radio then maybe they might be more likely to come back as they enjoyed the day too.

Just a thought but is it moaning or in reality, if the club were to address some of these core issues, might the situation perhaps get better? It's the old adage about if you always do the same thing and expect a different outcome, it's the definition of madness?

Perhaps there's some food for thought there or just perhaps it's more constructive that it might just appear?

Well I guess in fairness it is constructive, and there are some good points being made. I just tire of the fact that it seems every post needs to be about this, I get the clubs updates on facebook and regardless of what they are about you can gaurantee there will be a few posts about poor performance, keith out etc. Fair enough when the main post is about a game we've just played, but it can be about anything, the gorilla for example.

I'm not one of these ever positive people and I know there are problems (even if I dont think its quite THAT bad), but there are plenty of threads about performance and it seems the club just cant do anything at the moment without getting a slagging off.

Its important to try to bring in new fans, obviuosly they need to see a decent performance, but then I'd like to think they might do Saturday (even if I'm the only one)

Just thinking... These offers are all well and good but how do people actually find out about them? I'm not over there anymore but i don't ever remember city advertising anything so does that mean we are relying on people bothering to look at the website and word of mouth?

Over here (attendances for most sports in Sydney are also poor) they at least advertise games on the radio and the also give local radio stations tickets to give away as prizes. I'm all for giving away 100's of tickets to school kids but chances are if the come without their family they are unlikely to come back as persuading mum and dad to take you is a different prospect when they actually have to pay. Whereas if mum and dad win a family pass/ hear about cheap tickets on the radio then maybe they might be more likely to come back as they enjoyed the day too.

I've had 2 or 3 emails in the last week reminding me about it

Great offer, REAL supporters of BCFC should be encouraging fans (or potential new fans) to take advantage and get along and remember you heard it here first - City 3 Brighton 1

Real supporters of City would want new fans to be enticed to attend week in week out because the football was right...Not just because it's a fiver. Unless City plan to do this every week it won't work and is a waste of time.

There is little long term gain in this offer as the football is so wrong at the moment the newbies would never pay full price. Now if we were flying and the football was good then this offer would make far more sense as it's far more likely the desired effect of offering cheap ticket in the first place would be achieved.

Im not getting at City for trying just making it clear it won't work in the long term and smells of desperation to fill seats.

There is little long term gain in this offer as the football is so wrong at the moment the newbies would never pay full price. Now if we were flying and the football was good then this offer would make far more sense as it's far more likely the desired effect of offering cheap ticket in the first place would be achieved.

Im not getting at City for trying just making it clear it won't work in the long term and smells of desperation to fill seats.

The football on the pitch is not the only reason you would want to go again. I started going during the osman days, when the football was as bad - the atmoshpere wasnt great either. But as a kid, for some reason I still loved it.

At least nowadays the stadium will be more full than in the osman days - and if the club could get new supporters (ie me) back then, then we can definately attract them now.

The football on the pitch is not the only reason you would want to go again. I started going during the osman days, when the football was as bad - the atmoshpere wasnt great either. But as a kid, for some reason I still loved it

True raiz but back then it probably cost you a few quid to get in not £30 !!

I started back in the Cooper days watching Neville Walsh and Gavin and I think it cost me £2.50 to go in the open end!

Archived