IGNORED

** Clubs Tries New Initiatives To Get Fans In...**

PFree

Interesting that we are trying a "bring a friend for a fiver offer...?" I just wish my friend and I had bought only one season ticket ticket between us rather than one each!

A number of other suggestions might be:

Try playing attacking formations and going at sides at home rather than playing just one attacker?

Just perhaps we should work on the basis of if we score more than the opposition we win, rather than only considering defending to make sure we keep a clean sheet?

Perhaps we should consider providing some form of entertaining football where we keep the ball and go forward, that might help?

Why don't we suggest players play with desire and 100% commitment to get the crowd going?

Should we try playing players in their strongest playing positions with some form of balance?

When we lose the ball, perhaps we could try to get it back?

Perhaps we should play wide players down both sides who can actually attack defenders rather than always head in-field - we could even then get some bi-line crosses thatallow our attackers to actually be facing the goal when they receive the ball?

Should we look at improving the atmosphere around the ground with help such as a band again?

Perhaps we ought to have a transfer policy, one that targets players who actually play in our weakest positions - as guessing or relying on word of mouth doesn't seem to work?

When we do sign players "who improve our ability", perhaps we should play them and in their preferred positions, as that might help them settle in and gain confidence?

Perhaps we could arrange communications to at least suggest CS and KM are singing from the same hymnsheet?

And of course, and before you jump on me, we should get behind the side..!!!

Any other suggestions for the club that might help raise attendance levels, go on you know you want to?

Interesting that we are trying a "bring a friend for a fiver offer...?" I just wish my friend and I had bought only one season ticket ticket between us rather than one each!

A number of other suggestions might be:

Try playing attacking formations and going at sides at home rather than playing just one attacker?

Just perhaps we should work on the basis of if we score more than the opposition we win, rather than only considering defending to make sure we keep a clean sheet?

Perhaps we should consider providing some form of entertaining football where we keep the ball and go forward, that might help?

Why don't we suggest players play with desire and 100% commitment to get the crowd going?

Should we try playing players in their strongest playing positions with some form of balance?

When we lose the ball, perhaps we could try to get it back?

Perhaps we should play wide players down both sides who can actually attack defenders rather than always head in-field - we could even then get some bi-line crosses thatallow our attackers to actually be facing the goal when they receive the ball?

Should we look at improving the atmosphere around the ground with help such as a band again?

Perhaps we ought to have a transfer policy, one that targets players who actually play in our weakest positions - as guessing or relying on word of mouth doesn't seem to work?

When we do sign players "who improve our ability", perhaps we should play them and in their preferred positions, as that might help them settle in and gain confidence?

Perhaps we could arrange communications to at least suggest CS and KM are singing from the same hymnsheet?

And of course, and before you jump on me, we should get behind the side..!!!

Any other suggestions for the club that might help raise attendance levels, go on you know you want to?

Just email this to CS. Pretty much covers most people gripes

I think the club should get credit for this offer.

Should'nt always focus on the negatives.... I get the impression some people are never happy.

Best deal in a long time thats for sure. Crazy thing is I have brought 2 using my mates Season Tickets and as of yet none of my friends can be bothered to go, even for a £5. Shows how fed up everyone seems to be with City at the moment. Worrying times

I think the club should get credit for this offer.

Should'nt always focus on the negatives.... I get the impression some people are never happy.

You reckon they would of made this offer if we were flying, against top of the table? Or am I being very synical?

Best deal in a long time thats for sure. Crazy thing is I have brought 2 using my mates Season Tickets and as of yet none of my friends can be bothered to go, even for a £5. Shows how fed up everyone seems to be with City at the moment. Worrying times

Please feel free to pm me your st number ;)

I want to take my kids, but need a st number for each one, otherwise its 12 quid each!

Probabaly not - but can't knock the club for at least trying bring in new or old fans and offering a good deal

Maybe they should have introduced some better pricing at the start of the season to encourage better st sales. Just a thought. The horse has already bolted. Cheap seats won't make much difference. If the quality is poor and no goals scored likely. Why pay for it? Even if it is only a fiver?

Maybe they should have introduced some better pricing at the start of the season to encourage better st sales. Just a thought. The horse has already bolted. Cheap seats won't make much difference. If the quality is poor and no goals scored likely. Why pay for it? Even if it is only a fiver?

Not going to pretend that the quality is going to be great. But its an ideal opportunity in my case, to bring my whole family and hopefully get my young uns into it. There only young and wont care about the quality of football.

And with more people, hopefully the atmosphere is better

Not going to pretend that the quality is going to be great. But its an ideal opportunity in my case, to bring my whole family and hopefully get my young uns into it. There only young and wont care about the quality of football.

And with more people, hopefully the atmosphere is better

Good luck Riaz, hope they put on a performance and get your kids hooked. It will cost ya if they do :) they are due a good performance. Fingers crossed mate.

If you can afford a fiver to spare then there is no excuse miss saturday, the football may not be that great but if you are really a BCFC fan at heart, then you should make the effort to attend.

Where else can adults get into a football game for a fiver?.

BCAGFC

If you can afford a fiver to spare then there is no excuse miss saturday, the football may not be that great but if you are really a BCFC fan at heart, then you should make the effort to attend.

BCAGFC

I would tend to agree. IF its affordable and IF people have the time , it would be nice to get a decent crowd down there on Saturday. It would be especially nice if some of the people who moan on here but hardly ever attend were there , they might see something to change their minds.

BCAGFC

To put that into perspective the club also made some prices more expensive i.e kids prices and student prices. Pricing should be part of a long term strategy.

To put that into perspective the club also made some prices more expensive i.e kids prices and student prices. Pricing should be part of a long term strategy.

Agreed. We have a family enclosure (lower Dolman) but dont utilise it. If it holds 2000 (not sure) why do the club not offer 1 adult paying full price on the day gets 1 free entry for an under 16? People will argue about wanting to sit in other parts of the ground but surely the whole point in having a family enclosure is to encourage the attendance of children. Children under 5 should not have to pay at all IMO. And no I havent got young kids !!

Club must look to the new generation of City fans, they should be falling over themselves to get family's into the gate. A loss leader, but essential for future growth.. How long till the stadium is built? 5 yrs now?

AG will never get more than 17k crowds we know that, there is just not enough good seats. With a 30k seater, good facility's, class pie's, beer. loo's.. you would see a lot more attendance, it would be special. 14k crowd's at AG does not translate as 14k at new stadium. Oh no.

The club is right to start recruiting new fans and not apoligize about it either, nothgin worng with that, once a City fans allways a City fan. I'm happy how the club is approaching this. We know we have the catchment area to pull in a lot more fans.

I think a great idea would be getting some of the players to meet kids at schools, that's such a winner. Just the odd day for a reserve player, training permitting a first teamer takes a games lesson?...I just remember when Chris Sutton came to my school and gave a talk on football and sport all I wanted to do and could think about was play and get better at football. I was inspired.

I think the player must enjoy it too, something different for them on a Wed afternoon.

I know the club does this anyways, and they should do too. Albert and Nicky are City superstars, show them off!, If I was a 10 yr old and they turned up at school I would 5h1t myself!

You reckon they would of made this offer if we were flying, against top of the table? Or am I being very synical?

Very realistic. Of course they wouldn't. Crowds are heading down and they are trying to tackle this.

It would seem though at the moment they can't even give tickets away. When are the club going to learn and understand there is no short cut or quick fix when it comes to bums on seats.Get the product right and the rest looks after it's self...

If anything it probably does more harm in the long term as people will see City not at their best and it will scare them off.

You could get a kids season ticket for £50 if you bought when first came out - can't get much cheaper than that.

I was referring to pay on the day as this was once a normal part of football. City's walk up's on the day now are at a extreme low. First step is getting people in, but from £5 for a ticket what will be the follow on! Bring a family for one match in the EE and the price is horrendous.

Tis a good offer to be fair, I would hope at long last the club are really looking at "The why" fans are disappearing.

For me it could have been £100 a season ticket and I wouldn't have taken it up, I made my mind up after last season that the football on show was not worthy of watching and I wasn't wasting a Saturday away from the family for that, so never renewed and will stay away this season. Price is important of course, but as someone above has said, sort the things out behind the scenes first, bring a product to the field of play where supporters are in a position where they cannot wait to get back to AG because they have watched a proper game of football worthy of the second tier. I know it's an over used statement about parks football but, I really would have been more entertained with a pint in my hand and watching the local football side last season than I was at AG. The support is there but it will take a lot more than polishing a turd for people to discover that what they are actually seeing is a turd.

Very realistic. Of course they wouldn't. Crowds are heading down and they are trying to tackle this.

It would seem though at the moment they can't even give tickets away. When are the club going to learn and understand there is no short cut or quick fix when it comes to bums on seats.Get the product right and the rest looks after it's self...

If anything it probably does more harm in the long term as people will see City not at their best and it will scare them off.

Good post, particularly the highlighted bits.

Archived