IGNORED

Players Available For Loan

Murraysrightplum

Some players that haven't made it into the named squads from the premier league. Not saying they are all good or would come to City but worth a look/discussion:

Danny Collins

Michael Tonge

Danny Pugh

Rob Hulse

Danny ****tu

Hogan Ephraim

Owen Hargreaves

ricardo fuller

sidibe

Agyemang(!)

Probably a load more that I can't find!

Any wingers in that list?

No to all of these. Wages would be high, and how would their addition affect our final league position? Would they get us into the play-offs? Would we get relegated if we didn't sign them?

If signing any of these players means the difference, say, between 18th and 13th in the league, then it's just a waste of money. We'd be better off keeping the money to spend when it will make a real difference.

If we sign a centre back on loan that would likely push Wilson down to about 4th choice behind the new centre back, Tangs and Fontaine which would be a bit of a shame as he looks decent.

Agreed. We need to give our youngsters a few games to see if they have the potential for Championship football.

No to all of these. Wages would be high, and how would their addition affect our final league position? Would they get us into the play-offs? Would we get relegated if we didn't sign them?

If signing any of these players means the difference, say, between 18th and 13th in the league, then it's just a waste of money. We'd be better off keeping the money to spend when it will make a real difference.

We are a left back and creative midfielder away from being a strong team. Who knows where we would finish? How can you predict what the signing of a player will do to a final league position? Don't forget you get money based on where you finish in the league so 13th compared to 18th could make us some profit...

If we sign a centre back on loan that would likely push Wilson down to about 4th choice behind the new centre back, Tangs and Fontaine which would be a bit of a shame as he looks decent.

I don't think Wilson would ever go down to 4th choice as after the opening day I can't ever see Millen playing Fontaine and Nyatanga as his central defensive partnership again but your general point about his potential is spot on.

Fact is Millen brought in Kilkenny as his creative midfielder and has now 5 centre backs to chose from.

I cannot see anyone joining now that we have 2 LBs with McGivern unless we can move someone out and the opening of the window today hasn't exactly seen a big rush for Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson, etc, has it?

We are a left back and creative midfielder away from being a strong team. Who knows where we would finish? How can you predict what the signing of a player will do to a final league position? Don't forget you get money based on where you finish in the league so 13th compared to 18th could make us some profit...

We have them already..just need an opportunity and some proper management..They are not getting either.:nono:

I don't think Wilson would ever go down to 4th choice as after the opening day I can't ever see Millen playing Fontaine and Nyatanga as his central defensive partnership again but your general point about his potential is spot on.

Fact is Millen brought in Kilkenny as his creative midfielder and has now 5 centre backs to chose from.

I cannot see anyone joining now that we have 2 LBs with McGivern unless we can move someone out and the opening of the window today hasn't exactly seen a big rush for Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson, etc, has it?

Bear in mind he was not even on the bench that day and only got in due to injuries. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the one dropped if we sign a centre back (depending of course on whether we can get any players out; or not depending on who you believe).

Archived