IGNORED

Another Change Of Decision From The Club

Mrdc

Just watched Millen's interview on player and he is now saying that the priority is to get players out on loan before we can even think of signing players...

This time last week, he claimed that he just missed out on a couple of perm signings but we would be going back this week to sign them on loan.

I just wish that the club would either be consistent with us fans or tell us nothing.

Just watched Millen's interview on player and he is now saying that the priority is to get players out on loan before we can even think of signing players...

This time last week, he claimed that he just missed out on a couple of perm signings but we would be going back this week to sign them on loan.

I just wish that the club would either be consistent with us fans or tell us nothing.

ffs, they twist and turn like.....a twisty turny thing!:tumbleweed:

I've stopped listening to anything they say. It's all crap. I don't think they have any idea what their strategy is any longer.

Please tell me this isn't true? Ffs this is my one bugbear with this club. Soundbites that contradict every time. When will they learn?

******* IDIOTS the lot of them, do they actually speak to one another before they talked shite to the media. Complete lack of professionalism. It is so poor it is not even funny anymore.

He just re-iterated what he's said before. The squad is too big and its hard to keep players happy and that some need to go out on loan to get regular games. Until that happens it 'impossible' to bring anyone in. He's getting those behind the scenes to get on the phones.

Not the same message coming out of the Chairman's office who says there are some funds available to bring new blood.

To be fair I think Keef was simply saying how difficult it is to manage such a large squad. Any new players will increase the difficulty in keeping players happy was the way I read it.

I've stopped listening to anything they say. It's all crap. I don't think they have any idea what their strategy is any longer.

totally right. since steve lansdown stepped down they seem like a bunch of clowns. either that or millen isnt listening to what they are telling him.

either way its all a bit of a farce that the club is being made to look daft.

He just re-iterated what he's said before. The squad is too big and its hard to keep players happy and that some need to go out on loan to get regular games. Until that happens it 'impossible' to bring anyone in. He's getting those behind the scenes to get on the phones.

Not the same message coming out of the Chairman's office who says there are some funds available to bring new blood.

To be fair I think Keef was simply saying how difficult it is to manage such a large squad. Any new players will increase the difficulty in keeping players happy was the way I read it.

Don't defend the indefensible. We all know what was said, it was in black and white across the media. They either think the fans are stupid or they are retarded. In fact I think it is pretty disgusting the contempt people in the club must hold the supporters in with this shabby attitude to speaking in the media

Defend what?

I agree that what Keef said doesn't follow the message coming out of Sexstone's office. I just think that some people are over reacting to it and using it as a stick to beat Millen with.

Not beating Millen with a stick, but the entire club, which appears to be something of a shambles at the moment.

And if you say "Keef" one more time I will find out where you live and do something dreadful to your daffodils.

Defend what?

I agree that what Keef said doesn't follow the message coming out of Sexstone's office. I just think that some people are over reacting to it and using it as a stick to beat Millen with.

Its one that they are contradicting each-other...

The thing is, he is contradicting HIMSELF! :doh:

Defend what?

You say he is reiterating what he said before. The last thing he said was we were looking to get 1 or 2 loans in, no mention of loaning out our players.. One week we have to get rid before we can sign, next week we are getting players, followed by we have to get rid of players. What is it? if we have to get rid of players just stick to that. Once they are gone, then talk about recruits. By talking crap in the media again he just looks a fool.

Just get on with managing and leave the public bs to someone else Mr Millen.

I have been a staunch Millen supporter, but again, I suggest he needs major pr training.

Please tell me this isn't true? Ffs this is my one bugbear with this club. Soundbites that contradict every time. When will they learn?

******* IDIOTS the lot of them, do they actually speak to one another before they talked shite to the media. Complete lack of professionalism. It is so poor it is not even funny anymore.

I watched the interview twice and it seems pretty certain to me. Plus I honestly don't think I am taking what he is saying out of context.

Really don't have a problem with Millen but something somewhere seems very wrong to me.

I'm really not sure that the message is as inconsistent as some may think

Last week we could sign players permanently and apparently we just missed out on a couple, at the same time no one was looking to sign any of ours. This week we cant sign permanent players so the emphasis shifts slightly towards us getting our wage bill down, however we are now trying to sign those targets on loan.

Ergo we cant make permanent signings until we have a few go out on loan and those permanent signings cant hapen untill the window re-opens, nevertheless we will continue to try and sign a couple of loans. It would further seem that Colin sexton will make funds available for the right deal regardless of windows or loans...

Nothing is black and white in business. Businesses make exceptions to the standing orders all the time if people agree its the right thing to do...This apears to be what CS and KM are suggesting....In this case the standing order is shift a few out, but if we get the right deal we can bring whomever in.

Last week we could sign players permanently and apparently we just missed out on a couple, at the same time no one was looking to sign any of ours. This week we cant sign permanent players so the emphasis shifts slightly towards us getting our wage bill down, however we are now trying to sign those targets on loan.

Ergo we cant make permanent signings until we have a few go out on loan and those permanent signings cant hapen untill the window re-opens, nevertheless we will continue to try and sign a couple of loans. It would further seem that Colin sexton will make funds available for the right deal regardless of windows or loans...

Nothing is black and white in business. Businesses make exceptions to the standing orders all the time if people agree its the right thing to do...This apears to be what CS and KM are suggesting....In this case the standing order is shift a few out, but if we get the right deal we can bring whomever in.

All very true, but if nobody wanted our players last week why would they want them this week?

The Spence deal is a clear indication that we are prepared to listen and commit to bringing players in before getting anyone out

Colin on 17th August. This is the second time Keith has contradicted Colin. Either one or both of them is incompetent or one is lying. Or just a pair of amateurs unable to sing from the same hymn sheet.:disapointed2se:

Personally think someone in the media dept should also be thinking about this and considering the content of interviews and speaking to KM/CS about it so that the club presents a clear and consistent message or explains when things change.

KM has always said he needs to get people out and playing football for their sake and for the overall well being of the squad so no change there.

He has now said this needs to happen before he can realistically look to bring anyone else in - he has though not said that he has given up on the deals he was hoping to follow up post the window closing. These could still happen if there is movement out it seems.

Frankly the trouble is if you are open then you need to be careful to manage expectations and make sure everyone is on the same page - at present there is inconsistency,perhaps through overcommunicating- too frequent updates when people have not sat down behind the scenes and agreed fully where we are).

Another opportunity for those that seek to bash to do so and really an unnecessary one.

Lets hope a smiley Nicky Maynard brings the seagulls crashing to the ground on Saturday and everyone in red leaves the Gate with a smile on there face 3 points and a more positive outlook.

Very well said.

You've said what I was trying to say but you put it far more eloquently.

All very true, but if nobody wanted our players last week why would they want them this week?

We don't know that that's actually true.

There could well have been enquiries but for whatever reason didn't happen. Maybe the player/players in question didn't want to go.Maybe the interested club couldn't agree on their share of the wages.

There could well be loan negotiations going on right now.......fingerscrossed.gif

Teflon keef not reading from the same page as board shocker

I wonder if he'll have the big book of excuses out Saturday if we play poorly again?

I'm sure today that he is allowed to bring players in....

and by tomorrow, he'll have his hands tied again and will be waiting for players to go out...

Archived