IGNORED

Wayne Bridge

nebristolred

With the Man City lad we already0 have on loan im sure keith will at least enquire about it..

So we sign two left backs from Man City. Not sure they would be happy with us enquiring if they've just loaned us one of their young players for first-team football.

Plus, there are many other sides likely to be interested, possibly West Ham again.

So we sign two left backs from Man City. Not sure they would be happy with us enquiring if they've just loaned us one of their young players for first-team football.

Plus, there are many other sides likely to be interested, possibly West Ham again.

We could argue that we would use McGivern as a CB though in all fairness, it's a possibility.

Will go to West Ham or Leicester though.

We could argue that we would use McGivern as a CB though in all fairness, it's a possibility.

Will go to West Ham or Leicester though.

Probably the only two Championship club that could afford high percentage of his wages. He must be on a serious wedge at Man City.

I thought last season it was rumoured on loan to West Ham, that they were paying him in excess of £70k a week.

My recollection is that he was reported to be on £80k a week when he joined Man City. Mind you the Prem and Championship are full of thoroughly average players on wholly unjustified salaries, not least at AG. The PFA is the only powerful trade union left it seems!

Indeed. He did after all turn down Celtic last week. How about a return to Southampton I wonder?

I was thinking that.

It would be pretty tight if the Man City board insisted that the Champ club pay his wages..I mean, piss off! You gave him that deal, not anyone else. If he's really worth 70k per week then pay it, if not don't expect anyone else to either.

Clearly he's not Man City standard, was he ever Chelsea standard?

I would take him, but not pay 1p towards his wages. Thats for Man City to pay

I was thinking that.

It would be pretty tight if the Man City board insisted that the Champ club pay his wages..I mean, piss off! You gave him that deal, not anyone else. If he's really worth 70k per week then pay it, if not don't expect anyone else to either.

Clearly he's not Man City standard, was he ever Chelsea standard?

I would take him, but not pay 1p towards his wages. Thats for Man City to pay

As they did for Bellamy. I read recently that they were not prepared to pay any part of the wages of players who went on loan but I am sure they must be paying some of Adebayor's.

As they did for Bellamy. I read recently that they were not prepared to pay any part of the wages of players who went on loan but I am sure they must be paying some of Adebayor's.

Thats bull. You can't arrive in the Prem, start throwing all your cash about, unstabling the pay structure in the English game and then expect other to match that when you get bored and tired with them.

Piss of Man City, if you don't need them anymore release them from the deal and stop hoarding players like a spoilt little rich kid.

Thats bull. You can't arrive in the Prem, start throwing all your cash about, unstabling the pay structure in the English game and then expect other to match that when you get bored and tired with them.

Piss of Man City, if you don't need them anymore release them from the deal and stop hoarding players like a spoilt little rich kid.

Is that any different to what City are doing?

Keith Millen has said that he's struggling to get players out on loan because clubs won't pay the wages that we're currently giving our players!

We're no different to Man City apart from being lower down the pyramid.

Oddly enough i was thinking about this just the other day, certainly possible but given our current wage bill probably unlikely. And there is already plenty of competition for the wing positions. We just don't need him right now.

Eh ???? :unsure:

Is that any different to what City are doing?

Keith Millen has said that he's struggling to get players out on loan because clubs won't pay the wages that we're currently giving our players!

We're no different to Man City apart from being lower down the pyramid.

No, not at all. We are steering away from dipping in SL's pocket from what I understand, which is why KM has said he needs to shift players to bring some in.....HOWEVER.. as some people need to understand things are not allways black and white. The club will always have the capacity to bend this rule given that SL has a big share and if he see's his club is absolutely desperate to fill a position the manager has and always has been given support, hasn't he?

Wing/back end positions i mean.

Again , Eh ????

Not that I think we have a cat in hells chance of signing Bridge , but we do need competition at LB. Yes we now have McGivern but Jamie Mac is out for at least 2 months (could be more given his age), Fonts is injured as well and Nyatanga is probably first choice CB at the minute.

Wayne Bridge.. has finally been found out. I have never rated him. How on earth he hung around a prem team for so long can only be put down to one superb agent; he must be on one heck of a slice.

Wages slightly an issue as well.

In short then.. no thanks.

In total agreement with this assessment.

Excellent article, thanks. Sums up the priorities of so many footballers these days, from the likes of Bridge to young players who join Prem clubs, never get a game and aren't apparently the least bit bothered. Gary Johnson summed it up nicely when he talked about some of them liking being footballers but not playing football.

Archived