IGNORED

Nyatanga And Wilson

BCFC Jordan

I know it was another loss but these two continue to impress for me. Both of them are solid in the air as well as on the floor. They both have a decent amount of pace/agility and it seems like they work together as a partnership well.

I know we have a few worries at the moment but at least we don't have to worry about signing a CB, which just one month ago seemed like a must.

I know it was another loss but these two continue to impress for me. Both of them are solid in the air as well as on the floor. They both have a decent amount of pace/agility and it seems like they work together as a partnership well.

I know we have a few worries at the moment but at least we don't have to worry about signing a CB, which just one month ago seemed like a must.

much preferred caulker/fontaine........pleased for wilson he has ability, but this centre back partnership is not a patch on the one i have mentioned, so based on last year i think we are in trouble, without caulker

Absolutely, we've let in just 3 in our last 4 league games, so you'd have to be blind not to see that the problems are further up the pitch.

Nyatanga is unpopular on here but he did a brilliant goal saving tackle today, too.

I'm saying that we don't need a new centre back as long as Nyatanga and Wilson are fit.

And thats the problem. Over 46 games suspensions and injuries will inevitably happen to either one or both of them. Carey is back fit but not the long term answer. Fontaine is still a couple of weeks away from training. Stewart is way down the pecking order and not the long term answer either and so the cupboard is almost empty.

Cover is desperately needed.

I remarked today that Wilson looks a bit like I remember a promising Danny Coles - has every chance of being Prem quality if he works hard and doesn't give in to "distractions". He has to prove himself here consistently for at least the next 3 seasons before a prem club will consider him though (if were not there by then).

And thats the problem. Over 46 games suspensions and injuries will inevitably happen to either one or both of them. Carey is back fit but not the long term answer. Fontaine is still a couple of weeks away from training. Stewart is way down the pecking order and not the long term answer either and so the cupboard is almost empty.

Cover is desperately needed.

So you think we should employ six centre halves, then?

What was the point of giving Carey a deal if he can't even provide "cover"? He's been available for most games, having yet another centre half would be a waste of money.

Plus Stewart is also fit and picking up good wages for doing nothing, it's no wonder we post such huge losses....

Archived