IGNORED

This Is Unbelievable...

Modestant

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14883845.stm

This is absolutely outrageous!

''I think we got it tactically right'' - 0-1 at home but got it tactically right. Ridiculous.

WHY WHY WHYYYY is this happening to our club?

Well you can lose and get the tactics right. Motivation could be the problem or maybe the players aren't good enough.

I think the players are more than talented enough.

The tactics of one up front and Stead one the wing would say to me that the tactics were wrong - we didn't create enough opportunities. Nothing to do with the fact we lost.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14883845.stm

''I think we got it tactically right'' - 0-1 at home but got it tactically right. Ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more! He's got it wrong. Playing a 4-3-3 is fine if you've got at least 2 natural goalscorers up front. To play two wingers who aren't natural goalscorers and to play one of those out of position (Jamal C R) can't be right. Then to have three midfielders helping the forwards but one of the three isn't a holding (defensive) midfielder is crazy... Playing this way away from home seems to work but at home it doesn't. why can't K M see this?

Well you can lose and get the tactics right. Motivation could be the problem or maybe the players aren't good enough.

I think the players are more than talented enough.

The tactics of one up front and Stead one the wing would say to me that the tactics were wrong - we didn't create enough opportunities. Nothing to do with the fact we lost.

Thats has to be one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever read on this forum.

How can not playing two up front be right? Brett should have been on from the start with Nicky.

The fight went out of the team before the goal was scored - what happened?

I'm sick to death of hearing about the first goal etc. Did Wales give up when SA scored a try in the first 5 minutes of the game? The bloke's talking b*ll*cks

Thats has to be one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever read on this forum.

It isn't at all. It's not what happened Saturday but of course it can happen. Crawley could play away at the Nou Camp and stifle Barcelona for 89 minutes and then an individual error could cost them at the death. Likewise you could destroy a team and your strikers randomly all turn into Peter Styvar and waste glorious chance after glorious chance and you get hit on the break. We've all seen games like that in football. Saturday was not one of those though.

Then you've not been readying otib long enough.

I don't think its that silly.

For me, all i ask of the players is give 100% I don't care about their ability, they are as good as they are, I cant chance that. Just give me that 100%

So basically it's a case of the operation was a complete success but the patient died.Seems Keith is more interested in trumpeting his own tactical cleverness than the actual results. The only thing he got excited about was what fun it would be to analyse the game. I'll say again, he is a coach for whom the game is an academic exercise. No matter the results, his computer will tell him he got everything right. There is an element of arrogance of the "you fans don't understand you're not as clever as me" creeping in too. Still I suppose football managers are a pretty deluded bunch in general.:disapointed2se:

So basically it's a case of the operation was a complete success but the patient died.Seems Keith is more interested in trumpeting his own tactical cleverness than the actual results. The only thing he got excited about was what fun it would be to analyse the game. I'll say again, he is a coach for whom the game is an academic exercise. No matter the results, his computer will tell him he got everything right. There is an element of arrogance of the "you fans don't understand you're not as clever as me" creeping in too. Still I suppose football managers are a pretty deluded bunch in general.:disapointed2se:

:laugh:

I do enjoy your posts.

It isn't at all. It's not what happened Saturday but of course it can happen. Crawley could play away at the Nou Camp and stifle Barcelona for 89 minutes and then an individual error could cost them at the death. Likewise you could destroy a team and your strikers randomly all turn into Peter Styvar and waste glorious chance after glorious chance and you get hit on the break. We've all seen games like that in football. Saturday was not one of those though.

So are you comparing us to Crawley and Brighton to Barcelona?????

Because that may be my new most ridiculous statement i have ever read on this forum.

So are you comparing us to Crawley and Brighton to Barcelona?????

Because that may be my new most ridiculous statement i have ever read on this forum.

You should have told me that you don't understand simple examples/analogies and that you take everything literally so i would have been able to write a response that is suitable for your literacy level. My apologies lee (that should really be a capital for future reference) I'll know for next time :)

You should have told me that you don't understand simple examples/analogies and that you take everything literally so i would have been able to write a response that is suitable for your literacy level. My apologies lee (that should really be a capital for future reference) I'll know for next time :)

Oh so sorry WellRedPhil(or should that be Well Red Phil or Wellredphil?) i thought you were comparing Saturday to Crawley v Barcelona and thats why we should all be happy clappers because it could happen to everyone.

Just a pity it was not a one off and our tactics have be inept at home so far this season.

But i do bow down to your superior knowledge and the fact that you talk to people like they are apeace of crap on your shoe and then make it better by putting a smiley on the end.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14883845.stm

Strange though it sounds, it isn't impossible to get it tactically right but lose. Or at least partially right.

I happen to believe that had we counter attacked with more pace and dynamism- a bit more clinical in front of goal- we'd have had every chance of getting something. The hope has to be that if wer keep playing like that, improve a few areas (pace, dynamism, deceisiveness) then we can get results. There is a solid defensive foundation there however and all reasonable sides are built on a solid defence.

Archived