IGNORED

What Are The Strengths?

CiderHider

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None from the above, and can't think of anything other than the plans for the new stadium that really stand out as a positive at all. Pains me to say it but something drastic has to change because even more dangerous than relegation is the increasingly likely disenchantment of the fans.

Colin and Keith need to sing off the same ruddy hymn sheet for starters!

worrying times Teddy, and I'm one of the "rose tinters"

None from the above, and can't think of anything other than the plans for the new stadium that really stand out as a positive at all. Pains me to say it but something drastic has to change because even more dangerous than relegation is the increasingly likely disenchantment of the fans.

Colin and Keith need to sing off the same ruddy hymn sheet for starters!

worrying times Teddy, and I'm one of the "rose tinters"

Maybe I'm just trying to add a few nice thread on here and look for some positivity :blush: I said on other thread sweden, myself and other exiles don't get to see too many games, so when I read posts from people I consider ummm, balanced! :w00t: Its a wake up call.

I was going to do a simple millen IN/OUT poll, but I thought it too inflammatory so I went with this.

Chairman & board.

It took balls to turn down the last Foxes bid, the others were easy to laugh at.

22 out of 24 Championship chairmen/boards would have sold their best player for the peanuts that LCFC were originally offering, at least we have backbone at the top.

They will make the right decisions for BCFC long term.

BCAGFC

Chairman & board.

It took balls to turn down the last Foxes bid, the others were easy to laugh at.

22 out of 24 Championship chairmen/boards would have sold their best player for the peanuts that LCFC were originally offering, at least we have backbone at the top.

BCAGFC

CS said the last offer for Maynard was very substantial so it has to be debatable whether turning it down was the right decision for BCFC long term.

Chairman & board.

BCAGFC

Your missing the point the money would have been taken-one thing you are missing maynard did not want to go there.

If he did the deal I'm sure would have happened.he has city by the short and curlys I'm afraid.

CS said the last offer for Maynard was very substantial so it has to be debatable whether turning it down was the right decision for BCFC long term.

Thats true, but I think we all knew if we kept him it would be a gamble, its up to Maynard now to prove he's as good as the cash offered.. not too much pressure then?, hope he handles it well and just starts banging them in.

Our training pitches are good now aren't they? Our chairman has ploughed a lot of his own money in as have the rest of the board so fair play to them. They probably wonder why they bother sometimes.

Have they really though......?? its all done with Smoke and Mirrors...off shore...tax fiddle...etc etc....His total investment is probably less realtively than your average season ticket purchaser and balanced by his tax gains since moving to the CI ;)

Not enough in my Opinion, nor do we need to sell to balance the books or Maynard would be gone by now....long time ago.

City is a sleeping Giant imo, or at least a city the size, Importance and prominance of Bristol it should be....

Im afraid the board are just tickling it at the moment, but nobodies laughing...The Stadium will be the Goose that lays the golden egg, I wouldnt be suprised if the Business plan revolved around it and the Mjaor shareholders get shot of their shares when it materialises.

Surely there must be some rich Arabs or Asians in Bristol that would like a football club to amuse their eldest.....I reckon 50 million and you would get a good investment.:laughcont:

Have they really though......?? its all done with Smoke and Mirrors...off shore...tax fiddle...etc etc....His total investment is probably less realtively than your average season ticket purchaser and balanced by his tax gains since moving to the CI ;)

Not enough in my Opinion, nor do we need to sell to balance the books or Maynard would be gone by now....long time ago.

City is a sleeping Giant imo, or at least a city the size, Importance and prominence of Bristol it should be....

Im afraid the board are just tickling it at the moment, but nobodies laughing...The Stadium will be the Goose that lays the golden egg, I wouldnt be suprised if the Business plan revolved around it and the Mjaor shareholders get shot of their shares when it materialises.

Surely there must be some rich Arabs or Asians in Bristol that would like a football club to amuse their eldest.....I reckon 50 million and you would get a good investment.:laughcont:

The Stadium is everything, without it we can never ever progress. This is why SL will ensure it happens, so have faith in the Stadium, it will be build 100%. Only then can we be considered a sleeping giant, or a waking one.

The board put a lot of money into the Club, I think the figurers are probably available somewhere.

The Stadium is everything, without it we can never ever progress. This is why SL will ensure it happens, so have faith in the Stadium, it will be build 100%. Only then can we be considered a sleeping giant, or a waking one.

The board put a lot of money into the Club, I think the figurers are probably available somewhere.

Possibly but they will be massaged some what...do you really think the club could declare a trading loss and still keep the major Shareholder happy.

No Im sorry but the Stadium is an Albatross, just like the Olympic Stadium is for Wham.... it will Echo like a gnat pissing in buscuit tin when our 7 or 8 thousand loyal fans left at its opening try and fill it.

Invest in the Club first, install a proper manager and give him a sensible budget to spend to obtain Premier League status, consolidate that status, and then deliver the Stadium.

Horse first cart second...:yes:

What weve got is Horse shit first and Horse shit second :D

Possibly but they will be massaged some what...do you really think the club could declare a trading loss and still keep the major Shareholder happy.

No Im sorry but the Stadium is an Albatross, just like the Olympic Stadium is for Wham.... it will Echo like a gnat pissing in buscuit tin when our 7 or 8 thousand loyal fans left at its opening try and fill it.

You've got me worried now!

I can't ever remember being legitimately in the Town End. Obviously I must have, a) not been there. b) In an alcoholic blackout at the time.

Apologies for being so adamant. It seems I was wrong............

manager and give him a sensible budget to spend to obtain Premier League status, consolidate that status, and then deliver the Stadium.

Spot on dave,spot on been saying this for a very long time.

Wait for the backlash

City is a sleeping Giant imo, or at least a city the size, Importance and prominance of Bristol it should be....

I don't think the majority think like you. Basically if they did, he should just withdraw his money and let the club struggle to survive.

I don't think the majority think like you. Basically if they did, he should just withdraw his money and let the club struggle to survive.

The ones that know how its done probably do...like I said Smoke and Mirrors, Smoke and Mirrors. :whistle2:

You could also say he could just withdraw his money and sell the Club to someone who wants to invest in the football and not just in Real Estate.

Bristol itself..

yup sad as it is at present i think this is probably the main thing we have going for us, we come from a great City.. People can go on all they want about your Wigan's Swansea's Bolton's Blackburn's etc that are all in the top flight but none of those towns come even close to Bristol.

Invest in the Club first, install a proper manager and give him a sensible budget to spend to obtain Premier League status, consolidate that status, and then deliver the Stadium.

:laugh: OK, we can do it that way.. but how would you feel if they wanted to make the cart also, in their spare time like? I know most men are singled minded so you are forgiven. :yawn:

Archived