IGNORED

Millen Doesn't Deserve This

Loderingo

Thanks for the correction...

Still have to blame the club regardless of the contract situation, A bloke with no expereince of management and they pin their hopes on him. C'mon he's gonna take the deal, who wouldnt in his position

In fairness everyone has to start somewhere. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have won all those titles if East Stirlingshire hadn't taken a punt on a rookie manager in 1974

I don't agree with the abuse Milley gets. It should be aimed at SL and the board who appointed him.

This is very, very true.

I would've sold Maynard for all that money, paid off some of the dross, used the extra wages that would then become avalible to keep us going and then told every one that it was going to be tough but it was the right move long term. That's not Millen's fault but an executive decision

He basically went 4-2-4 and to do that you need 2 ball winners so he took kilkenny off as Skuse and Elliot will "hold" better. The theory is correct but unfortunatly they got a set piece goal .

He goes 4-2-4 yet is slated for being negative....:facepalm:

Maynard misses the penalty but it is millens fault :facepalm:

If that pen would have gone in i am confident we would have got all 3 points..it seems we played well enough.

I don't know how you can slag off millen for his subs if you are not there watching the game, you cant see energy levels etc from behing your keyboard

Millen might not be the man to take us forward but he is the man at the moment whilst we are levelling out. When we get the new stadium money will be pumped into our club and SL might choose someone else to take us forward...until then get behind Millen and stop all this negative abusive b***s***

So many people on here are so preoccupied with whether managers are nice or horrible. I keep reading that Keith is nice and Billy Davies is evil. It really doesn't matter. What's important is points and progress. Keith isn't supplying either. I say the KM experiment has failed. It's time to start again and seek to retain our current status before we leave the new guy too much to do.

So many people on here are so preoccupied with whether managers are nice or horrible. I keep reading that Keith is nice and Billy Davies is evil. It really doesn't matter. What's important is points and progress. Keith isn't supplying either. I say the KM experiment has failed. It's time to start again and seek to retain our current status before we leave the new guy too much to do.

Best post of this dismal day. Well said.

He goes 4-2-4 yet is slated for being negative....:facepalm:

Maynard misses the penalty but it is millens fault :facepalm:

Of course its not millens fault maynard missed the penalty - that goes without saying and the fact that your using that point shows how weak your argument is,

I can remember when skuse and elliott first played as a midfield 2 - away against stoke, in the play-off final season. It never worked then and it hasnt worked countless times since - they simply cannot retain possesion.

Millen was assistant manager against stoke and would have seen elliott and skuse play together ebery time - yet he still hasnt learned it does not work...

he's a deep thinker apparently.

Why feel sorry for him? He was the one who thought he had big enough balls for the job! He is the one who mades all the ridiculus decisions, subs, statements etc....

Lets face the facts, we didnt beat a side down to 10 men, and the managers subs had everybody scratching their heads yet again.

He is a proper dreamer way way way way out of depth who WILL single handedly take this club down unless he is removed.

We were leaking goals when he was just the defencive coach under Johnson, and its time for a good kick up the backside from the board, put their money where their mouth is and sort this club out starting by getting a proper manager.

I have not seen City play for a couple of seasons now due to other commitments. It sounds like we deserved something from both the Brighton and Leeds games but achieved nothing. The teams form under KM is undeniably poor; in that sense he must take some of the blame and deserves the criticism he gets.

I believe he has had enough time to prove himself as many other fans do. I suspect that the board wont want to pay KM off and I cant see him walking. As we know the new stadium scenario grinds on; a judicial review takes time and money.

Brave decisions, regarding the clubs performance on the pitch, are required at board level sooner rather than later. Put simply we need a proven manager and not a loyal servant.

Changing tack slightly I hope that a contract has not been signed that guarantees the sale of Ashton Gate to Sainsburys regardless of whether we get permission to build a new ground.

I understand that this has been alleged in the past.

Dont feel sorry for Keith....Hes got a good enough squad and if he had any tactical nounce we would have won the game today.

Were you at the game Dave to come to that assumption?.

Hes got a good contract and will get a good severence deal.

I think we will have a caretaker manager by this time next week.

Not a chance of that happening, we have a sensible board that don't panic after an unlucky result.

Of course its not millens fault maynard missed the penalty - that goes without saying and the fact that your using that point shows how weak your argument is,

I can remember when skuse and elliott first played as a midfield 2 - away against stoke, in the play-off final. It never worked then and it hasnt worked countless times since - they simply cannot retain possesion.

Millen was assistant manager against stoke and would have seen elliott and skuse play together ebery time - yet he still hasnt learned it does not work...

he's a deep thinker apparently.

You talk about weak point for an argument...Elliot played right back when Orr went off in the play off final at half time and SKuse didn't even play well done Riaz your knowledge of football is second to none :clapping:

This is very, very true.

I would've sold Maynard for all that money, paid off some of the dross, used the extra wages that would then become avalible to keep us going and then told every one that it was going to be tough but it was the right move long term. That's not Millen's fault but an executive decision

Absoutely Kev. The board played Billy Big Bollocks by saying he isn't for sale, well, if you want to keep him and push for promotion you're going to have to spend £6m on players to back up your mouth. Totally shambolic decision from the board, name me another club who would turn down that sort of offer in the championship, better players in the premier league aren't going for that. Now he may not have wanted to go, that would be his decision but the board could have accepted the offer and let Maynard decide, the board could then turnaround and say, well we tried to sell but the player wasn't interested. What happens to business men when they get into football clubs?

Billy Davies record of four play off appearances including 1 promotion in the championship. No chance mate, he shouts and moans, thats not what we want. We want a nice man at the top, someone like the local vicar.

Not a chance of that happening, we have a sensible board that don't panic after an unlucky result.

What was unlucky about today's result?

And do you think we've been "unlucky" in 5 of the 6 other games.

And do you think Doncaster were lucky to get a point off us when in all their other games they haven't had the best of luck?

You talk about weak point for an argument...Elliot played right back when Orr went off in the play off final at half time and SKuse didn't even play well done Riaz your knowledge of football is second to none :clapping:

It was supposed to say play-off final season

In fairness everyone has to start somewhere. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have won all those titles if East Stirlingshire hadn't taken a punt on a rookie manager in 1974

Yeah completly agree, But i feel at that time, we needed another experienced replacement, i find it hard to comprehend, replacing a great manager at this level with a person with no experience at all. I can't blame keith for this, like i said, who wouldnt of taken it in the position he was in.

I kinda feel for sorry for millen, but persisting with 1 striker at home, and blowing our limited transfer budget this summer on 2 guys who wont get a game, while struggling to cover other areas, he really cant blame bad luck for that.

I do however feel that millen has the right to expect more from some of the players, certainly James, and when there are the number of players we have who should be senior pros who dont, or cant get games, but are drawing huge salaries, this cuts down the options for getting people in who will make an impact. We just need to survive this season, with or without millen, and get to next summer to finally get rid of the deadwood.

Archived