IGNORED

Millen Doesn't Deserve This

Loderingo

You have to feel for the guy. His job is potentially on the line, we get a penalty and our 6 million striker misses. Then our defence falls asleep and concedes to 10 men. Truly gutting

I realise Millen has his critics. The next Alex Ferguson he is not but he has been a loyal servant to the club for many years and he deserves better than some of the abuse he gets on here

People sometimes said Johnson was a lucky manager - well I think Millen is an unlucky manager. Last 2 games we've played well and got nothing. I still feel that we are not far from being a decent team but at the moment it is a case of close but no cigar.

You have to feel for the guy. His job is potentially on the line, we get a penalty and our 6 million striker misses. Then our defence falls asleep and concedes to 10 men. Truly gutting

I realise Millen has his critics. The next Alex Ferguson he is not but he has been a loyal servant to the club for many years and he deserves better than some of the abuse he gets on here

People sometimes said Johnson was a lucky manager - well I think Millen is an unlucky manager. Last 2 games we've played well and got nothing. I still feel that we are not far from being a decent team but at the moment it is a case of close but no cigar.

We played well at times....... but no points.......... WE DON'T DESERVE THIS?

Agreed. I truly feel sorry for Keith.

To be honest, ive always said, nice bloke, but nothing more! Conference manager at very best (maybe) but blame the club... He was the cheap option and they offer him a 5 year deal or whatever it was, if they sack him they gotta pay off his contract, which hes only seen out 1 year of.

He was already on a contract and it was not prolonged

Maynard isn't worth 6m now. Buy that I mean he will have 6 months left in Jan. Maynard is now worth £3m max unless he signs a contract which he won't.

I think it's his decision making which angers people most. In fairness it's a pretty big first managerial gig, but clearly he's not up to it and it's time for the board to acknowledge a mistake and act.

He's a likable guy, but that doesn't get results.

I"m sitting here bewildered...

Yes Maynard Missed a Penalty...and I dont agree he should not have been on pens just because he missed at leicester..

Yes We Played well

But

Yes We conceeded from another deadball........................WTF

Yes KM took off our best player AGAIN...What were they thinking. We play 451 away ok I think thats a good idea...But then we some how feel that changing everything taking off your prompter and going 442 is a good idea...I listened from my living room in Chicago and even I could tell Skuse was not playing well, but there was no reason to change anything>>>

Yes he will say we thought we could win it, but we could win it by keeping our same shape not reverting to a system that KM does not want to play away....

But who chooses the penalty taker (in today's circumstances I would have given it to Kilkenny, but then I would not have taken him off so what do I know)? And who coaches the defenders who cannot defend set pieces but tells us how happy he is with them? Johnson would not have got any leeway so I'm not sure why Keith should so much slack. At any club the manager always carries the can in the end I'm afraid.

Most sensible thread in a long time, well said.

Ryan, I'm not chasing you round the forum I promise, but what do you see in millen that makes you think we can improve?

My own point of view is that he has cost us the game with his sub whilst we were on top, people will say it was maynards pen that changed the game but they should have scored a 2nd at 1-0 so it's swings and roundabouts.

I"m sitting here bewildered...

Yes Maynard Missed a Penalty...and I dont agree he should not have been on pens just because he missed at leicester..

Yes We Played well

But

Yes We conceeded from another deadball........................WTF

Yes KM took off our best player AGAIN...What were they thinking. We play 451 away ok I think thats a good idea...But then we some how feel that changing everything taking off your prompter and going 442 is a good idea...I listened from my living room in Chicago and even I could tell Skuse was not playing well, but there was no reason to change anything>>>

Yes he will say we thought we could win it but we could win it by keeping our shame shape not reverting to a system that KM does want to play away....

Exactly. We were in control anyway not chasing the game so leave well alone.

There is a part of me that feels sorry for him.

At the end of the day, he could lose his livelihood - his biggest mistake was merely accepting the managers job - no one knew if he would be cut out for it or not.

Sadly he isnt - and he must go because we need to stay in this division.

But who chooses the penalty taker (in today's circumstances I would have given it to Kilkenny, but then I would not have taken him off so what do I know)? And who coaches the defenders who cannot defend set pieces but tells us how happy he is with them? Johnson would not have got any leeway so I'm not sure why Keith should so much slack. At any club the manager always carries the can in the end I'm afraid.

At least we don't let them in last minute like under Johnson..

A positive! :w00t:

As Gary Player said...the more i practice, the luckier i get.

We played well today, and it was individual player errors that cost us the win.

However... Taking Kilkenny off was a poor move by Milley. Our flow and posession all dried up. That was the managers fault. I also don't rate his shadow Wiggley who seems to go hiding, and they seem to take forever to make tactical decisions.

I don't agree with the abuse Milley gets. It should be aimed at SL and the board who appointed him.

I get the impression Milley will become a good manager, but i just don't think it will be with City. We need some fresh ideas and someone to fire up our players.

Yes...we have been unlucky, but you make your own luck.

I feel for KM, but i do think it's time for a change and someone with some greater experience is needed. However...that is easier said than done.

It's easy for people to want to get rid of Km, but no one mentions anyone decent to replace him.

Archived