IGNORED

Keith On Radio Bristol

Redhyde

I would actually like to see the interviewer asking the questions that the fans were asking in the 30 minutes of phone calls, emails, and those bloody annoying "tweets". For example, why was Kilkenny taken off? Why did Maynard take the penalty when Kilkenny would have been chomping at the bit? Why did you not attack relentlessly after the sending off? Will Dean Gerken become number 1 again when he regains fitness ( OK that was one of mine), .

Why would he bring Gerken back? Odd remark.

Did Millen play today?

Careful mate, you're losing all perspective with all that steam coming out of your ears

No but he decided to go into this season with this set of players - cant now complain that they cant defend - when we knew all along....

Instead of signing a replacement for caulker, he signed a winger and striker...

Only person he should be angry with, is himself.

I would actually like to see the interviewer asking the questions that the fans were asking in the 30 minutes of phone calls, emails, and those bloody annoying "tweets". For example, why was Kilkenny taken off? Why did Maynard take the penalty when Kilkenny would have been chomping at the bit? Why did you not attack relentlessly after the sending off? Will Dean Gerken become number 1 again when he regains fitness ( OK that was one of mine), .

Are you Gerkens dad?

No but he decided to go into this season with this set of players - cant now complain that they cant defend - when we knew all along....

He did what you and a lot of others had been calling for, played youth, academy youth at that. He then signed two full backs from the prem, all be it on loan. Now he's done that you're moaning about that as well.

It seems that, barring us being in the top six, he was never likely to win with a lot of people. Prejudged, preconceived ideas with over high levels of expectation. The modern football supporter

He did what you and a lot of others had been calling for, played youth, academy youth at that. He then signed two full backs from the prem, all be it on loan. Now he's done that you're moaning about that as well.

It seems that, barring us being in the top six, he was never likely to win with a lot of people. Prejudged, preconceived ideas with over high levels of expectation. The modern football supporter

'Modern football supporter' Bit of a generalisation there mate. No high levels of expection, just that A number of fans would like a bit of entertainment for our money, a goal would be a good start, then we could perhaps enjoy a saturday night out after a game instead of feeling shortchanged and pissed off.

An argument that Keith tried and it fell flat then. Expectations were not high and only the club talked about promotion. You would be hard pressed to find fans who expected any such thing. What was promised and fine with fans was an improvement that we were assured would follow once Keith had a transfer window and a pre-season. No sign of any such improvement; indeed we have gone backwards in terms of entertainment with Keith's sudden conversion to 4-5-1. So we are undershooting against modest expectations.

'Modern football supporter' Bit of a generalisation there mate. No high levels of expection, just that A number of fans would like a bit of entertainment for our money, a goal would be a good start, then we could perhaps enjoy a saturday night out after a game instead of feeling shortchanged and pissed off.

Oh dear. Just a game you know. If makes you feel like that all Saturday night when things don't go your way what happens when something really bad happens?

Oh dear. Just a game you know. If makes you feel like that all Saturday night when things don't go your way what happens when something really bad happens?

Just passionate about my football mate, some people are some aren't. As for when something really bad happens, not really your business, this is a football forum, keep up.

Not that one again :facepalm: no one had any expectation for this season. Infact, expectation was at the lowest since we come up.

Credit millen for giving youth a chance, but a young defender needs a strong player next to him surely - plus the fact that next summer, we'll still need full backs and another centre back, once mcgivern and spence go back.

Fact is, Millen never sorted out the defence in the summer and were paying for it now, kilkenny aside, our (permanant) summer signings were luxury signings when apparently we were broke.

I said before the season started that with the defenders we've got and the fact millen does not learn from his mistales, that we would struggle, and i'm being proven right.

Not that one again :facepalm: no one had any expectation for this season. Infact, expectation was at the lowest since we come up.

Credit millen for giving youth a chance, but a young defender needs a strong player next to him surely - plus the fact that next summer, we'll still need full backs and another centre back, once mcgivern and spence go back.

Fact is, Millen never sorted out the defence in the summer and were paying for it now, kilkenny aside, our (permanant) summer signings were luxury signings when apparently we were broke.

I said before the season started that with the defenders we've got and the fact millen does not learn from his mistales, that we would struggle, and i'm being proven right.

yep thats what i like about you rizla always right

Just passionate about my football mate, some people are some aren't. As for when something really bad happens, not really your business, this is a football forum, keep up.

Passionate or just enjoy bellyaching?

Enjoy the moaning, too many revel in. Life's far too short to spend it whining on and on about football.

I'm for a few bevvies and laugh before the boxing is on.

Don't use mate to someone you don't know, far too obvious you clearly don't mean it

Night night

Passionate or just enjoy bellyaching?

Enjoy the moaning, too many revel in. Life's far too short to spend it whining on and on about football.

I'm for a few bevvies and laugh before the boxing is on.

Don't use mate to someone you don't know, far too obvious you clearly don't mean it

Night night

'Whining on and on about football.' Bit of an exageration, but if thats what floats your boat, good for you.

You're right, the word 'mate' wasn't used as a term of endearment and i apologise for calling you one. Enjoy your evening.

How's he going to change the back 4? Carey in for Wilson?

He'll change Spence. Been substituted 2 games in a row. Suspect Carey will come in at right back to add experience. We've lost 2 games due to falling asleep from set pieces. All this talk about 4 5 1 misses the point.

I wasn't there today, but it sounded like Wilson played very well. He's growing in confidence in himself and seems to have leadership potential.

Being in the "Millen In" brigade I am concerned by his comments on our defence, they have an average age of 21 or 22 at the moment and other than Nyatanga have about 40 games under their combined belts. They WILL make mistakes at that age please do not hang them out to dry in interviews following one or two mistakes. Why not bite your tongue and quietly bring in Carey at right-back for a couple of games to bring a bit of leadership / experience to the back 4, I thought James Wilson was excellent against Brighton last week and should have the defence built around him and would greatly appreciate Carey alongside him at the moment to talk him and Lewin through the games. Spence can be brought back in perhaps when the team is playing with more confidence as Carey will not have the legs to play on a regular basis.

The fact we have not been torn apart by Brighton and Leeds actually fills me with a bit of confidence in this current back 4

I dont mean to keep replying to you Riaz it is not personal but you come out with some crap.

He brought a striker because he didnt know if Maynard was leaving or not. If Maynard had left and he missed Taylor you would have been on his back saying that he is clueless because he didnt replace maynard. Bolassie is a investment, he was avaliable on the cheap and we could have another Albert.

He had at least 4 or 5 targets for defenders but we lost out to prem clubs or they decided to stay with their current clubs. What did you want him to do just sign someone that he hadnt watched or did not rate ???????????? if he did that would have been wrong and we might have another "hunt" situation...........

We know and he knows that we need a centre half but you cant just magic one up.

I know that you dont like/ rate Millen but you are looking to kick him for anything you can.

AGAIN..... we are not playing that badly like we did at the end of GJ's time or the Pulis/ Benny or Osman era's

I have been watching city for over 23 years and i have seen us play a lot lot worse. The players want to play for KM and i believe we are not far away from winning a few on the bounce.

However, that said it is imperative that we stay in the championship so if we are in the bottom 3 by mid January then it needs looking at ...until then KM has got my support

I dont mean to keep replying to you Riaz it is not personal but you come out with some crap.

Ditto. I predicted we would struggle and we are 2nd bottom after 7 games... we dont look like winning anytime soon - cant dominate even against 10 men.

Dont see how you can say I talk "crap"

He brought a striker because he didnt know if Maynard was leaving or not. If Maynard had left and he missed Taylor you would have been on his back saying that he is clueless because he didnt replace maynard. Bolassie is a investment, he was avaliable on the cheap and we could have another Albert.

Again more rubbish - Taylor is no replacement for maynard. A replacement is already here - Brett Pitman. Taylor is not a goalscorer! I would'nt usually mind us buying 9 and 10 choice wingers/strikers - but then were told all of a sudden "we cant afford to bring in any players"

So he wasted funds on luxury players and then cant bring in a centre back?! Does not wash with me.

He had at least 4 or 5 targets for defenders but we lost out to prem clubs or they decided to stay with their current clubs. What did you want him to do just sign someone that he hadnt watched or did not rate ???????????? if he did that would have been wrong and we might have another "hunt" situation...........

We know and he knows that we need a centre half but you cant just magic one up.

He had ALL summer to bring in defenders - thats plenty of time for players to reject us and for us to move on to other targets. Excuses as usual.

AGAIN..... we are not playing that badly like we did at the end of GJ's time or the Pulis/ Benny or Osman era's

I have been watching city for over 23 years and i have seen us play a lot lot worse. The players want to play for KM and i believe we are not far away from winning a few on the bounce.

Any time we play well - we dont look like winning and/or Millen messes it up with his substitutions. I cant see us winning - with had 20 minutes left against ten men and ended us losing - that says it all.

However, that said it is imperative that we stay in the championship so if we are in the bottom 3 by mid January then it needs looking at ...until then KM has got my support

Thats fair enough - thats your opinion - In my opinion, far too much damage will be done by then - the board need to act NOW IMO.

Have to agree with regard to our inability to recruit a decent centre half.............it is a very competitive market for any players who are of a decent standard......it was always extremely likely that Millens initial targets would be difficult to acquire, so the man in charge plans for every eventuality, and adopts a contingency plan. There must have been a centre half available somewhere who could have done a job for us.....a good scouting network should have had the targets and the percentage likelihood of each player joining us lined up. Other clubs seem to find decent defenders.........it's just bad planning and excuses, and from a former defender and defensive coach...it's not good enough for a Professional Championship Football Club.

Archived