IGNORED

Keith On Radio Bristol

Redhyde

Actually spoke really well. Lots of anger, and lots of passion, no excuses. Maynard won't be taking penalties, changes at the back. Shame he wasn't asked about the Kilkenny decision. Now i'm in the get rid camp, but that was a good reaction. We'll see next weekend I guess.

Actually spoke really well. Lots of anger, and lots of passion, no excuses. Maynard won't be taking penalties, changes at the back. Shame he wasn't asked about the Kilkenny decision. Now i'm in the get rid camp, but that was a good reaction. We'll see next weekend I guess.

Did he accept the blame or did he blame players?

Agreed, he sounded genuinely angry, good to hear for a change, beats the usual bollox that comes out his mouth after a game!

Fair enough, except Maynard should not have been allowed to take one today; weak management. Is this the same defence he was so happy with recently, the same Keith who decided he didn't want a new centre half after all just cover for Macca? The same Keith whose coaching does not stretch to defending set pieces? The only change he can make is to bring back Carey, the messiah who has been at the heart of many a defensive debacle himself but is about as teflon as Keith! Sure not going to pick Hunt or Stewart and Ribeiro seems almost as unlikely. And of course no local journalist is going to ask him a tough question about his ludicrous substitutions.:disapointed2se:

They did not deserve to lose today. Had Maynard have buried that penalty we'd have 3 points today, no doubt about it.

Was a very good performance and just plain unlucky. Kilkenny looked quality and played some very intelligent balls. To be fair he was probably tiring though and not as ridiculous a substitution as some are implying.

No reason why we shouldn't win the next two at home if we keep up that performance level.

Did he accept the blame or did he blame players?

He wasn't asked anything that would mean he'd have to. There wasn't a Kilkenny question, there wasn't a who decides who takes the penalties question. He took no responsibility for the defending, but if they work on it all week, and the players don't do it once they step past the white line, then really who's fault is it? His for not being able to change the players, and the players for not performing. Is it his fault Maynard missed the penalty? did he let him take it or did he want someone else to? I don't know, but these are questions that weren't asked.

Might it just be that he knows his job is on the line...............................whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

Maybe he has discovered that players get managers sacked and has realised that if you are Mr Nice Guy they will take advantage? Mind you if he is mean to them they will just go to Steve and demand he be sacked. And footballers do like, and tend to, to get their own way. Still, Keith will get the stick and the players will carry on as normal, free from responsibility for their actions as ever.:disapointed2se:

Fair enough, except Maynard should not have been allowed to take one today; weak management. Is this the same defence he was so happy with recently, the same Keith who decided he didn't want a new centre half after all just cover for Macca? The same Keith whose coaching does not stretch to defending set pieces? The only change he can make is to bring back Carey, the messiah who has been at the heart of many a defensive debacle himself but is about as teflon as Keith! Sure not going to pick Hunt or Stewart and Ribeiro seems almost as unlikely. And of course no local journalist is going to ask him a tough question about his ludicrous substitutions.:disapointed2se:

I used to really respect your posts chinapig, they used to be calm, reasoned and intelligent.

Now you sound as stupid as Pete1975Legend. :no::(

Now is the time to :city: :city: :city: :city: :city: the club, not destroy it.

BCAGFC

He wasn't asked anything that would mean he'd have to. There wasn't a Kilkenny question, there wasn't a who decides who takes the penalties question. He took no responsibility for the defending, but if they work on it all week, and the players don't do it once they step past the white line, then really who's fault is it? His for not being able to change the players, and the players for not performing. Is it his fault Maynard missed the penalty? did he let him take it or did he want someone else to? I don't know, but these are questions that weren't asked.

Millen's - he didnt get his priorities right in the summer and now we are paying for it.

They did not deserve to lose today. Had Maynard have buried that penalty we'd have 3 points today, no doubt about it.

Was a very good performance and just plain unlucky. Kilkenny looked quality and played some very intelligent balls. To be fair he was probably tiring though and not as ridiculous a substitution as some are implying.

No reason why we shouldn't win the next two at home if we keep up that performance level.

Oh please, unlucky, my backside!

Good (or even average teams) see out games against ten men, because they don't give the hook to their best players!

History is littered with "unlucky teams" too good to go down.

I used to really respect your posts chinapig, they used to be calm, reasoned and intelligent.

Now you sound as stupid as Pete1975Legend. :no::(

Now is the time to :city: :city: :city: :city: :city: the club, not destroy it.

BCAGFC

My view on Maynard taking penalties is based on what has gone before; he doesn't look confident so should have been replaced but when you have cut him so much slack over his contract how do you exert any authority?. My view on how his contract situation is also reasoned; he has had long enough and has been granted too much power. Remember the 2 week deadline that slipped by in silence? It makes the club look weak, not something I would expect from Colin. He has been given the impression that he is bigger than the club, always a bad move imo. Supporting the club does not mean supporting every individual and every decision. There have been too many bad decisions, not all of them Keith's. It seems perfectly reasonable to say so to me when the potential consequences are dire. I hope today means Keith has learned that continually defending players who let you down may just encourage them to carry on doing so and that being popular with players is not as important as doing the right thing. I have not demanded Keith be sacked, though that gets harder, but he needs I think to listen to legitimate criticism and not just carry on doing the same things if they don't work. I'm hoping today is the start of that for his and our sake.:fingerscrossed:

Keep up that was last weeks excuse.

Yep!! 3 points today and City (8pts) would be above Leeds (7PTS) tonight. As it Leeds rode their luck and are in the upper half of the table.

Listening to 606 tonight; "The manager has had long enough, he's got to go", "We cannot defend properly" and "The wrong tactics and substitutions every game". No these weren't City fans, but supporters of assorted other clubs, most of them Premier League, so it's not just us. I'm more of an optimist than a pessimist, but am now concerned about City's plight.

A number of people mention the Pen for Maynard and moaning he shouldn't have taken it,

Personally I think that's a bunch of hindsight bullcrap, he's only missed one before and deserved the chance today to put it right, he missed....it happens, those slating Millen today for the missed pen, are no doubt the same ones jumping on every single point they can, it's simply pathetic.

Now is the time to change the taker however and hopefully the next one will go in for whoever takes it.

Prsonally I'd drop Maynard for the team and his own benefit next game, give others the chance they deserve in the team and let Nicky work hard and fight to DESERVE his starting place back.

A number of people mention the Pen for Maynard and moaning he shouldn't have taken it,

Personally I think that's a bunch of hindsight bullcrap, he's only missed one before and deserved the chance today to put it right, he

missed....it happens, those slating Millen today for the missed pen, are no doubt the same ones jumping on every single point they can, it's simply pathetic.

Now is the time to change the taker however and hopefully the next one will go in for whoever takes it.

Prsonally I'd drop Maynard for the team and his own benefit next game, give others the chance they deserve in the team and let Nicky work hard and fight to DESERVE his starting place back.

Leicester and portsmouth before today hes missed

I would actually like to see the interviewer asking the questions that the fans were asking in the 30 minutes of phone calls, emails, and those bloody annoying "tweets". For example, why was Kilkenny taken off? Why did Maynard take the penalty when Kilkenny would have been chomping at the bit? Why did you not attack relentlessly after the sending off? Will Dean Gerken become number 1 again when he regains fitness ( OK that was one of mine), .

Leicester and portsmouth before today hes missed

Both times he just didn't look confident. Some strikers don't, perhaps because they score goals instinctively and don't like having time to miss. It doesn't follow that your penalty taker has to be a striker. Even a pretty ordinary player like Phil Neal tended to take many pens. Another right back, Ray Stewart at West Ham, used to take a ferocious one. Today I would have had Kilkenny take it as he was on a high and seems to have that Aussie confidence about him,

Archived