IGNORED

It's Not Time To Push The Button - Yet

Barrs Court Red

From afar it seems performances are improving, hindered by lapses in judgementand individual errors.

The guys had what, a year now? That's not all that long and there's a hell of a lot of football left to be played.

No point making the change till at least November, giving new guy a chance to assess and plan change.

after being a former defender , serving time under gj when we were letting in goals in the 80th min onwards we still seem to be making the same basic defensive mistakes

even this season we have let in too many goals coupled with not scoring many not a good recipe has millen not learnt owt ? surely you start at the back and make yourself hard to beat ?

after being a former defender , serving time under gj when we were letting in goals in the 80th min onwards we still seem to be making the same basic defensive mistakes

even this season we have let in too many goals coupled with not scoring many not a good recipe has millen not learnt owt ? surely you start at the back and make yourself hard to beat ?

Does it not occur to anyone that Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and McAllister have been around throughout the period of defensive decline (though somehow Carey and Fontaine tend to be absolved of any responsibility)? It seems no amount of practice makes any difference. In other words our defence needed rebuilding long before Keith took over. I can't see why we would expect an improvement with the same players being there year after year.

Does it not occur to anyone that Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and McAllister have been around throughout the period of defensive decline (though somehow Carey and Fontaine tend to be absolved of any responsibility)? It seems no amount of practice makes any difference. In other words our defence needed rebuilding long before Keith took over. I can't see why we would expect an improvement with the same players being there year after year.

Tbh...I think it's a mix of inexperience in Defence, too many loanees, and a few too old and past their best.

We need an experienced natural Leader ( not Carey,passed it). We also need a back four who play together regularly and understand second nature where each other is, and what they are thinking.

Also I think Milley has tinkered with our defensive set ups at set pieces, and this has often confused our players.

He tried playing a zonal system of marking during pre season and part of last. Now he has reverted to man marking. He prefers zonal, but the players aren't up to it.

The whole defence seems confused as to who is meant to be marking who and where at set pieces.

This i blame the manager for. Too much tinkering.

Football is a simple game, and it has become apparant that the modern British coach is trying to implement certain continental tactics in areas of the field that our players have never played before. They are trying to be too clever.

We need to get back to basics, keep posession and progress from there.

Today, we played well. If we continue to play like today, learn from our individual errors and be more positive in our tactical Substitutions, then i'm sure we will turn the corner. However...I still believe Milley is not the man to make us progress futher. A 33% win record is not good enough.

I can see us pumelling Hull next weekend. Born out of complete frustration.

From afar it seems performances are improving, hindered by lapses in judgementand individual errors.

The guys had what, a year now? That's not all that long and there's a hell of a lot of football left to be played.

No point making the change till at least November, giving new guy a chance to assess and plan change.

I can understand your reasoning but,despite not screaming for Millens head right now, let me play devils advocate. If the board dispensed with Keith's services tomorrow by the time we have interviewed the candidates we'd be into October giving the new man plenty of opportunity to assess the playing staff available. This assessment would include those who have seemed to have fallen out of favour such as Cisse Stewart and Hunt. Given the chance and a different management style they may yet prove better than their current face value. If he identified areas in which we were in need of strengthening the loan window would still be available to him. In this respect I hope they would appoint someone who has standing and contact amongst his fellow managers so as to get some good quality loanees in from the Premier League. Both Keith and Steve Wiggly have only limited experience as number ones and whereas a manager with more experience would fine tune the systems we are using our current management team do not seem to be able to do this. I would say most people acknowledge we are improving our overall quality over the last couple of games but I'm not 100% sure Millen can make the adjustments to enable use to turn a good 75/80 minutes in to a winning 90 minutes.

As I said I'm not screaming for his head on a silver platter just yet and I honestly hope he can make the required changes that would see us winning more points, after all it would be cheaper and we cannot really afford to waste money but more importantly we cannot afford relegation more. If results don't improve then Colin must act and not do as Nero did and fiddle whilst Rome burns.

Does it not occur to anyone that Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and McAllister have been around throughout the period of defensive decline (though somehow Carey and Fontaine tend to be absolved of any responsibility)?

i can't see how they can be responsible for this vseason's defensive lapses when they haven't played? :whistle2:

fontaine injured

Carey not playing

McAllister injured

can't blame them its the conference south manager who is in charge sooner he's gone the better

i can't see how they can be responsible for this vseason's defensive lapses when they haven't played? :whistle2:

To clarify, my point is our defending has been poor for 3 years yet we still have the majority of the players involved, and that the defence should have been rebuilt long since. Keith recognised he needed a dominant centre half in the summer but failed to get one but such a player has been needed for a long time and nothing was done about it. Presumably Coppell thought Stewart was it but then again he liked Hunt.

To clarify, my point is our defending has been poor for 3 years yet we still have the majority of the players involved, and that the defence should have been rebuilt long since. Keith recognised he needed a dominant centre half in the summer but failed to get one but such a player has been needed for a long time and nothing was done about it. Presumably Coppell thought Stewart was it but then again he liked Hunt.

he signed a striker and winger that we really need tho

How much do you think they cost and what do you think they earn ?

Bolasie could have cost as little as 10k (bit like McCombe from Lincoln), Taylor around 100k - 150k.

Probably both are on around 1k - 1.5k per week judging by where they came from and what most League 2 clubs pay.

BCAGFC

funny as I've seen a few go for FREE to other clubs Gardner to crystal palace is one,

No better than what we have and has had as much time on the sidelines as Ribiero.

We were in for the top end Championship free transfer defenders but as predicted they chose the PL.......who wouldn't.

We need to find a dominant centre half from the lower divisions, we really missed out on Craig Dawson when he was at Rochdale, he was class for 2 seasons before his move to WBA......there must be another one or two out there somewhere.

BCAGFC

Yannick Bolasie was 50k or less according to the BEP

Ryan Taylor was free according to the BEP though compensation given as he was developed by Rotherham. Ive heard anything from 150k to 300k ( 300k as confirmed on the Rotherham forum) though many of the internet searches chuck up 300k more than most as being the fee paid for development.

Hardly 'Cheap' for Taylor

And we know how reliable the BEP & Internet forums are don;t we.............................Robbie Savage anyone?.

BCAGFC

Do you think we can wait that long. Agreed performances are better, but to have Leeds by the throat and let them off, strikes me as the signs of a dead manager walking. What kind of player can he attract to the club? Can he attract the leader, can he attract decent defenders, and hang onto some of our players? forget Maynard, he'll go in Jan, and possibly one or two others (Pitman,Stead,) and we'll end upretaining the losers, boozers and wasters, we need to ditch so badly, cos they have an easy life here.

The combined fees & wages of those 2 would not even cover a left toe of a decent ball winning centre half on a permanent contract.

BCAGFC

Combined fees around £300K wages in the region of £3K .....I reckon we could get a few left toes for that sort of money

Combined fees around £300K wages in the region of £3K .....I reckon we could get a few left toes for that sort of money

Not of the quality we need, the loan fee would be around the 300k mark and the wages would be around 5k+.

As proved when we tried to sign Bertrand or Van Aanholt from Chelski.

BCAGFC

Not of the quality we need, the loan fee would be around the 300k mark and the wages would be around 5k+.

As proved when we tried to sign Bertrand or Van Aanholt from Chelski.

BCAGFC

So we waste that money on players who cant get in the side !!!???!!!???!!??!?!??!?!!?

Archived