IGNORED

Basso's Back In Town

maxjak

Great keeper and top bloke so "ohhhhhhh Basso..." before the game and then when the whistle blows "Premier League, you've havin a laugh..." and then drop some crosses over (If we have any attackers on the pitch?) and clatter him...after all, he's playing for the opposition now?

Hopefully we also pressure his quality kicking game!!!

Basso was a class act, he made mistakes, but somehow got away with most of them, and on his day, was one of the best shot-stoppers in the Championship. He always looked as if we was really grateful just to be playing professional football, giving 100% and looking like he was really enjoying himself. A bit of his positivity would not go amiss at the moment.

I loved Basso, real character and an inspiration to the team. Orr was another strong character, as was McCoombe and Carey and McAllister. We seem very good at buying players but never leaders or strong characters.

One quick look at our back line now will explain the problem and why Millen has to play McAllister when fit. I can't think of one of our team now who are obviously strong personalities - Elliott in fairness.

To the Basso team you can also add Adebola, McIndoe, Trundle, Murray to the big character list. We were lucky.... or were we just run by someone who knew that football TEAMS are not just about footballing ability?

Ooohhh Basso!

Hope he gets a fantastic reception - gutted that I'm out of the country.

I saw Basso's first game for City in the reserves and thought he was a bit of a clown. He never really proved me wrong! (In the nicest possible way!)

He was brilliant for this club, and like somebody else said his 'always believe' was a club ethos, not just a couple of words. Now the only thing we believe is that we're going to lose. :(

I am an advocate for stability in terms of management, but I'm worrying...

Basso easily the most influential player at Ashton gate for years? Easy mate. He was very good for us but I think some fans have Rose tinted glasses when it comes to basso. Yes, he was excellent for us in the main, but he made a good number of high profile mistakes. He'll get a very good welcome from me next week. As for the earlier poster that referred to GJ as "del boy" - possibly a little disrespectful after all he did for us?

I can really only remember a couple of big errors, Cardiff equaliser in last minute & Palace's first goal at AG in the playoffs, not bad in 150+ appearances.

All big characters that the Johnson regime couldn't cope with. These type of players show up the short comings of lower league managers like Johnson and Millen.

Absolutely SPOT ON, well said that man.

That said Basso's refusal to train with Gerkin when he arrived doesnt show him in a great light. Did expect more than this from the man.

I think Basso was over-rated and the catchphrase 'always believe' has clouded peoples opinions of him. Yes he had the potential for excellent saves and he often won us matches however some of his mistakes were horrible. Much rather have Jamo in goal every day of the week.

basso in goal over james every time, like u said in basso kept us in games and if u add up there mistakes james has made more by far!!

CTID!!

Archived