IGNORED

Basso's Back In Town

maxjak

Next Saturday a certain Adriano Basso will almost certainly be in goal for Hull City........he has kept three clean sheets in a row during a run of three 1-0 victories. Will he be welcomed back as a possible future Hall of Fame candidate or given a less than friendly welcome. It looks as it has finally come good for our former God fearing keeper, and If we play 4-5-1...........I could see it being four 1-0 victories for his new club.

Next Saturday a certain Adriano Basso will almost certainly be in goal for Hull City........he has kept three clean sheets in a row during a run of three 1-0 victories. Will he be welcomed back as a possible future Hall of Fame candidate or given a less than friendly welcome. It looks as it has finally come good for our former God fearing keeper, and If we play 4-5-1...........I could see it being four 1-0 victories for his new club.

• Admin

Great keeper for us although did drop the odd clanger and can only hope he does that next week.

Knowing us, he have a blinder.

How many great keepers have we had? How many great keepers don't drop the odd clanger?

IMHO it was a big mistake in letting Basso go, I still don't know the truth behind it, so won't speculate. But, whatever the truth, it seems odd that a player that seemed so settled was either pushed or personally motivated to risk all by leaving us in less than favourable circumstances.

We don't have anyone with his personality. He brought the club together.

Exactly. We were a really strong club back then, thanks to the likes of Basso and GJ of course. The 'Always Believe' mentality wasn't just another song, it was an unofficial club ethos to which the vast majority (board, manager, players, fans and staff) followed.

It was an amazing time and a great feeling. Somehow the club has moved away from this positive mentality and we are the poorer for it. Somehow we need to become less fragmented and all pull in the same direction once more. It's not easy when results are not going our way, but personalities the likes of Basso are essential in aiding the process.

I for one will give this bloke a resounding rendition of "Oh Basso, Oh Basso...."

They were great times and he was pivotal to the success we had.

Exactly. We were a really strong club back then, thanks to the likes of Basso and GJ of course. The 'Always Believe' mentality wasn't just another song, it was an unofficial club ethos to which the vast majority (board, manager, players, fans and staff) followed.

It was an amazing time and a great feeling. Somehow the club has moved away from this positive mentality and we are the poorer for it. Somehow we need to become less fragmented and all pull in the same direction once more. It's not easy when results are not going our way, but personalities the likes of Basso are essential in aiding the process.

I for one will give this bloke a resounding rendition of "Oh Basso, Oh Basso...."

They were great times and he was pivotal to the success we had.

well said. One of the great Bristol City characters. In a sport full of shallow materialists Basso is a man with the ability to inspire.

We're much the poorer without him.

The good news about Basso coming back, apart from him being a great character, is that it will give the fans a reason 2 get vocal. Even if several renditions of always believe and oh basso will be about the opposition at least it will raise the volume in the Gate.

Basso easily the most influential player at Ashton gate for years? Easy mate. He was very good for us but I think some fans have Rose tinted glasses when it comes to basso. Yes, he was excellent for us in the main, but he made a good number of high profile mistakes. He'll get a very good welcome from me next week. As for the earlier poster that referred to GJ as "del boy" - possibly a little disrespectful after all he did for us?

Archived