IGNORED

Kilkenny Vs Bates

BITW

http://www.skysports...7189482,00.html

Ken Bates has threatened to report Neil Kilkenny to the Football Association for his goal celebration on his return to Leeds.

The 25-year-old failed to agree a new contract at Elland Road after rejecting their initial terms and was not offered an improved deal.

Kilkenny subsequently joined Bristol City on a three-year deal and marked his return to the club with a goal, which he celebrated by blowing kisses at chairman Bates and chief executive Shaun Harvey in the stands.

"He can't justify or excuse his behaviour. It shows exactly why we aren't sad to see him go," Bates said in the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Match days

"Neither myself nor Shaun ever goes down to see the players on match days. Why would we?

"The fact is he asked for a wage which we didn't think he was worth. He's a petulant sod with big ideas of himself.

"He can't justify or excuse his behaviour. It shows exactly why we aren't sad to see him go."

Ken BatesQuotes of the week

"We might report his behaviour to the Football Association because we've got CCTV footage of it."

The Australia international explained his actions by saying Bates and Harvey had purposely ignored him prior to the game.

Celebrate

"I didn't want to celebrate in front of the fans but I needed to make a point to the chairman and his chief executive because everybody here said hello to me except for the chairman and chief executive, which is disappointing," said Kilkenny.

"I've seen that the chairman said I left Leeds to join a smaller club and that is disrespectful to me and Bristol City.

"That's really disappointing but that's him - what can you do? I did blow a kiss, but I can't stress enough that it wasn't to the fans."

Bates is a horrible bully imo and his comments we have got CCTV of him blowing a kiss that could be directed at anyone in the directors box, it seems everybody liked him at Leeds but the interesting thing imo about this we offered more money and on a three year contract than Leeds who get double our average attendance and we take on his wage demand.

A vile control freak. Banned Peter Osgood and others from Chelsea in the 90's, and if it wasn't for Abramovich Chelsea would of gone bust because of Bates. He did very well for himself and still does from Chelsea village.

He also labled Matthew Harding an "evil man" a year after his death.

Utter teat of the highest order

A vile control freak. Banned Peter Osgood and others from Chelsea in the 90's, and if it wasn't for Abramovich Chelsea would of gone bust because of Bates. He did very well for himself and still does from Chelsea village.

He also labled Matthew Harding an "evil man" a year after his death.

Utter teat of the highest order

Chelsea my second team go there a few times a year there is a stand named after Matthew Harding, Bates is scum. Then again as you say he is laughing financially because of the village.

Ken Bates has threatened to report Neil Kilkenny to the Football Association for his goal celebration on his return to Leeds.

The 25-year-old failed to agree a new contract at Elland Road after rejecting their initial terms and was not offered an improved deal.

Kilkenny subsequently joined Bristol City on a three-year deal and marked his return to the club with a goal, which he celebrated by blowing kisses at chairman Bates and chief executive Shaun Harvey in the stands.

"He can't justify or excuse his behaviour. It shows exactly why we aren't sad to see him go," Bates said in the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Match days

"Neither myself nor Shaun ever goes down to see the players on match days. Why would we?

"The fact is he asked for a wage which we didn't think he was worth. He's a petulant sod with big ideas of himself.

"He can't justify or excuse his behaviour. It shows exactly why we aren't sad to see him go."

Ken BatesQuotes of the week

"We might report his behaviour to the Football Association because we've got CCTV footage of it."

The Australia international explained his actions by saying Bates and Harvey had purposely ignored him prior to the game.

Celebrate

"I didn't want to celebrate in front of the fans but I needed to make a point to the chairman and his chief executive because everybody here said hello to me except for the chairman and chief executive, which is disappointing," said Kilkenny.

"I've seen that the chairman said I left Leeds to join a smaller club and that is disrespectful to me and Bristol City.

"That's really disappointing but that's him - what can you do? I did blow a kiss, but I can't stress enough that it wasn't to the fans."

Bates has always been a Master at moaning, that's how he got the nickname Master Bates or ****** for short.

My son was lucky enough to be mascot for city on Saturday and I witnessed at first hand just how much the Leeds backroom staff were pleased to see Kilkenny on his return to the club.

He met them all with a smile and a hug, then followed it up with his best performance to date in a city shirt. Clearly not the petulant sod that many view him as all of the time - seemed to me to be a genuinely nice guy, and one with a bit of passion.

Celebrate

Killa's got balls. Make 'im Captain and kick start our recovery.

For his age and experience in life Ken Bates can really be immature sometimes

Sometimes?

(Leeds fan here)

He's an awful awful man and massively hated up here. Get this one, he was on Talksport last night accusing Leeds fans of expecting "instant success"!! :D:no:

Seven, count them, SEVEN years he will have been at Elland Rd this January and all we have to show for it is three seasons in League One.

But yeah, we want "instant" success. :D

As for Kilkenny, hes an unlikeable little scrote. I never noticed how much so until Saturday. Constantly whinging in the ref's ear and he tried to get Clayton sent off for an apparent stamp that noone else saw.

But I dislike Bates far more than I dislike Kilkenny and I enjoyed his little "F.U" to the classless old bastard on Saturday. Good on him.

Sometimes?

(Leeds fan here)

He's an awful awful man and massively hated up here. Get this one, he was on Talksport last night accusing Leeds fans of expecting "instant success"!! :D:no:

Seven, count them, SEVEN years he will have been at Elland Rd this January and all we have to show for it is three seasons in League One.

As for Kilkenny, hes an unlikeable little scrote. I never noticed how much so until Saturday. Constantly whinging in the ref's ear and he tried to get Clayton sent off for an apparent stamp that noone else saw.

But I dislike Bates far more than I dislike Kilkenny and I enjoyed his little "F.U" to the classless old bastard on Saturday. Good on him.

Amazed how Bates got into Leeds. I suppose he was the only one at the time putting the money in, bit like Risdale at Plymouth, the poor b....ds face closure or Risdale. 99% of fans prefer closure sadly.

Amazed how Bates got into Leeds. I suppose he was the only one at the time putting the money in, bit like Risdale at Plymouth, the poor b....ds face closure or Risdale. 99% of fans prefer closure sadly.

Didn't he threaten at least one other suitor with legal action when he swindled his debtors bought the club back?

My son was lucky enough to be mascot for city on Saturday and I witnessed at first hand just how much the Leeds backroom staff were pleased to see Kilkenny on his return to the club.

He met them all with a smile and a hug, then followed it up with his best performance to date in a city shirt. Clearly not the petulant sod that many view him as all of the time - seemed to me to be a genuinely nice guy, and one with a bit of passion.

Blimey, in amongst a mass of opinionated garbage I find an interesting and intelligent post. Kilkenny should be the leader of the side, particularly with Carey not playing. With the exception of Albert and maybe JCR we lack character.

Sometimes?

(Leeds fan here)

Kilkenny... a bit like Billy Bremner then. ;) You haven't got the 'Dirty Leeds' nickname for nothing. Please no sour grapes. Kilkenny was a good player for you, in fact all my friends who are Leeds fans have said so. It's no coincidence that when your form dipped last season, Kilkenny wasn't playing.

Yes, he has 'little man syndrome'...lots of pointing, whinging and blaming, but he shows passion and Leadership qualities and isn't half a bad footballer either. There have been many quality footballers over the years that whinge and don't seem 'likeable'. Most Leeds fans would want him in their team.

As for Bates...Feel sorry for you. Wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

Archived