IGNORED

Keith Millen's Home Record

Nogbad the Bad

Since taking over from Coppell, a total of 27 games under KM's managership at Ashton Gate.

Won 10

Drawn 5

Lost 12

The crux of his problems then, both for the fact you need a good home record to have a decent season, and because these are the only games 90% of fans see, so they are crucial as opinion formers.

As well as keeping the fans keen to return back for the next game, or in the long term, the next season.

All in all it's a really dismal record, and it's not as though anyone can say we've been unlucky; our home record accurately reflects the poor fare we have now come to expect all too often.

Last season KM's team couldn't win a home match until we beat Reading on October 19th. This season we cannot even muster a single goal in 4 attempts, let alone a win.

Although it would not convince everybody that he should continue long term what a fantastic morale boost a couple of home wins in the next week would be for the manager, the players and especially the fans.

It SHOULD be doable, Hull and Reading are nothing special, and Bristol City should never be losing almost every other home game over a long period.

It's hardly surprising there is such discontent and clamour for change when City continually disappoint at home and fans leave AG frustrated and disgruntled so regularly.

Any chance of his away record, would imagine it is much better than that.

It is obvious that tactics have to change at home, just look at Palarse now, playing attacking football and with confidence.

It also probably shows that our players are scared of playing at home and feel much more confident playing away, some players can't handle the pressure and that should be looked at when signing new players...............will they be able to handle the pressure of playing at home?.

It also comes with experience, which most of out team have very little.

The next 2 home games are vital to our clubs and the managements future, we really need 2 wins but nothing less than 4 points will do.......now that is pressure.......can our players handle it?.

BCAGFC

Since taking over from Coppell, a total of 27 games under KM's managership at Ashton Gate.

Won 10

Drawn 5

Lost 12

The crux of his problems then, both for the fact you need a good home record to have a decent season, and because these are the only games 90% of fans see, so they are crucial as opinion formers.

As well as keeping the fans keen to return back for the next game, or in the long term, the next season.

All in all it's a really dismal record, and it's not as though anyone can say we've been unlucky; our home record accurately reflects the poor fare we have now come to expect all too often.

Last season KM's team couldn't win a home match until we beat Reading on October 19th. This season we cannot even muster a single goal in 4 attempts, let alone a win.

Although it would not convince everybody that he should continue long term what a fantastic morale boost a couple of home wins in the next week would be for the manager, the players and especially the fans.

It SHOULD be doable, Hull and Reading are nothing special, and Bristol City should never be losing almost every other home game over a long period.

It's hardly surprising there is such discontent and clamour for change when City continually disappoint at home and fans leave AG frustrated and disgruntled so regularly.

These stat's don't read well but also don't highlight just how defence minded and boring the games have been? I have no problem losing a game IF we have given 100% and we've at least gone for it - we don't have Man Utd's ability but surely effort and some attacking at home might just help matters rather than a 10 man defence week after week and few shots on target?

I've been to all of these games but can't comment on some of them as I've been asleep in the Atyeo...:fastasleep:

It is obvious that tactics have to change at home, just look at Palarse now, playing attacking football and with confidence.

It also probably shows that our players are scared of playing at home and feel much more confident playing away, some players can't handle the pressure and that should be looked at when signing new players...............will they be able to handle the pressure of playing at home?.

The next 2 home games are vital to our clubs and the managements future, we really need 2 wins but nothing less than 4 points will do.......now that is pressure.......can our players handle it?.

BCAGFC

Won 8

Drawn 6

Lost 13

Won 10

Drawn 5

Lost 12

I think this sums it up well Noggers.

people pay to be entertained, and usually they pay to watch home games as for most, it is far cheaper to travel locally than support away from home (unless exiled).

I think Millen and the team are almost too scared to play entertaining footballat home for fear of losing, unfortunately this has bought negative play which is boring to watch. The defensive mindset is then very hard to get out of when we fall behind in a game, and the more we play defensive the harder it is to change the style.

I think, and maybe because in someways the fans impatience, this has almost been forced on the team and the are actually a little scared of playing at home.

Personally I think if we are going to lose or draw at home we might as well do it trying to score, rather than sitting back. For the past 3-4 years, from my vantage point in the Dolman I have found the team we support in a lot of games not getting a single effort on target until about the 60th-70th minute.

We all know Our midfield and to some extent out defence lets us down. So i would advocate a Newcastle under Keegan style of play at home. We score more than the opposition. We have the attacking players to do it, why not give it a go. I am sure the crowd would rather see a team giving it a real good go to try and win a game rather than sitting back and hoping to scrape a 1-0, which to be honest we do not look like doing. If we lose or draw, so be it, it can't be any worse than we are currently doing, and at the very least it may give the players and fans some optomism.

Go down fighting and attacking, not defending without a whimper. Give the Boys and Girls at the gate something to get behind!

Interesting to compare this home record with that under GJ.

In the championship, over 3 seasons(all bar 5 home games of the last) his home record was

Won 28

Drew 28 (13 of those came in that 2nd season)

Lost 9 - he lost 3 home games in each of the 3 seasons

Happy days! - Would certainly serve any team well in the conference.

mmm...I make it

Home League Games

Wins 13

Draws 6

Losses 9

he lost 8 (9 in total with copout) home games last season in the league and we've already lost 2 this season in the league which is 11 if you include the swindon game cup thats 12 if you include the wednesday game

mmm...I make it

Home League Games

Wins 13

Draws 6

Losses 9

Do you now.

It's ALL home games since he took over from Coppell, like I said originally.

Won: Reading, Leicester, Sheff. Utd., Derby, Cardiff, S****horpe, Portsmouth, Burnley, Doncaster, Hull. (10)

Drawn: Barnsley, QPR, Preston, C. Palace,// Portsmouth (5)

Lost: Watford, Coventry, Norwich, Sheff. Weds., Middlesbro'., Swansea, Leeds, Ipswich, N. Forest,// Ipswich, Swindon, Brighton. (12)

I may be mistaken but I've double checked and I can't see how you reach such different figures.

Well my records say (including after taking over from GJ)

League games only

Home

P30

W13

D7

L10

Away

P31

W10

D7

L14

Not so bad now are they?.

Statistics can be twisted to suit any agenda.

BCAGFC

He'd been caretaker before, but this thread is specifically about home results (not just League) under his permanent managership.

We all know players often respond positively to a caretaker manager - particularly if they were not giving 100% for the previous one.

It doesn't really help your cause to flatly ignore the Sheff. Weds. and Swindon cup games - those of us that attended those games know they were disgraceful performances and results which cannot just be brushed under the carpet.

BCAGFC

Is it down to being scared of playing at home though? In a typical football match, the home team will set out their stall to attack and the away team usually to contain and push on when able to. Therefore the way the opposition play when we are away is different to the way that they play when we're at home.

Unfortunately at the moment, the system that Millen has us playing is an away one at home and away, which means that we can be put under a lot more pressure at home than we otherwise may be. I don't see it as being scared, and also see no reason why they should be. The fans have been very apathetic at home and only recently have started voicing discontent very clearly at the manager and not the players, so in theory they have nothing to be scared about.

I try, but just cannot see past the tactics and the person selecting them, the team, and the substitutions as the main cause. The team are not playing well, that is a given, but the buck ultimately stops with the manager and to try and sweep away negative tactics and blame a mythical fear factor instead of the person organising this shower is, in my opinion, folly.

Do you now.

It's ALL home games since he took over from Coppell, like I said originally.

Won: Reading, Leicester, Sheff. Utd., Derby, Cardiff, S****horpe, Portsmouth, Burnley, Doncaster, Hull. (10)

Drawn: Barnsley, QPR, Preston, C. Palace,// Portsmouth (5)

Lost: Watford, Coventry, Norwich, Sheff. Weds., Middlesbro'., Swansea, Leeds, Ipswich, N. Forest,// Ipswich, Swindon, Brighton. (12)

I may be mistaken but I've double checked and I can't see how you reach such different figures.

Do you know how many home goals we have scored?

Do you know how many home goals we have scored?

At a quick count I make it 30 in the 27 games.

To be fair to KM it hasn't all been bad - 3 goals scored against Sheff. Utd, Cardiff, Barnsley and Hull so 4 entertaining games at least.

Few and far between though,11 home games with no goals.

Won 10

Drawn 5

Lost 12

Its not good, but it is 35 points and the loss is 24 points. Still plus, he he.

Archived