IGNORED

Bridge Valley Road To Re-Open

The Red Planet

One of the most stupid decisions ever i think, the traffic flows so much easier on the portway with that road shut. Guess its back to adding 20 minutes onto my journey, they should had just kept it shut.

Unless you live south of the city and work in Clifton..............

You have managed fine for the last two years or however long, i still think it is a stupid decision.

Traffic around that area flows much much better than when it is open.

I don't live in Clifton, but I think you will find the residents there would disagree with this statement. With cars always parked on both sides of the road, Clifton Vale in particular on match days gets completely jammed up.

However, I can understand that anyone using the Portway inbound to the city will face longer journeys after it re-opens.

It will be frustrating in the sense the Portway will now queue back for at least a mile. But on the other hand have you ever tried to get up to Clifton from the likes of Bedminster.. it's horrendous.

What BCC needed to look at while it was redoing the road was see if somehow the flow of traffic could be improved. I'm not sure there was a way to improve it.. perhaps they should have used the old railway tunnel/council records WW2 tunnel to push traffic through there and then merge in turn.. still wouldn't fix the issue with turning right up BV road thou. No win situation really.

Archived