IGNORED

Drop Maynard

Donald

When Maynard first arrived he was quick but so lightweight that he kept getting knocked off the ball. Once we toughened him up he became stronger and more aggressive and we got the best out of him. He has really regressed this season and never wins a challenge or holds on to the ball. Its not just poor service alone. He had his partner up front with him yesterday, which is what people said he needed, and he had possibly his worst game in a red shirt that I have seen. If Nicky Hunt gets left out for bad performances, then so should anyone else, including Maynard. Drop him now!

When Maynard first arrived he was quick but so lightweight that he kept getting knocked off the ball. Once we toughened him up he became stronger and more aggressive and we got the best out of him. He has really regressed this season and never wins a challenge or holds on to the ball. Its not just poor service alone. He had his partner up front with him yesterday, which is what people said he needed, and he had possibly his worst game in a red shirt that I have seen. If Nicky Hunt gets left out for bad performances, then so should anyone else, including Maynard. Drop him now!

To compare Hunt in the same conversation as Maynard is unbelievable, drop him yes maybe that will give him a kick up the ass, but i still believe he is making the runs he has always done, he is lacking confidence and looks a average player at the moment, but imo this is nothing to do with the transfer thing, i don't think Maynard is a sulking player time will tell i bet anyone on here he will get ten more goals between now and January, Maynard scores in bunches look at his record..

I'd not only drop him, but tell him and his agent that the financial terms of his contract will be reviewed downwards on a regular basis until he resigns. Maynard needs to keep himself in the shop window and performing if he is to get the dreammove he wants next summer. Not playing will hurt him badly. Also, there is a very strong chance that if Pitman is given a run in the team he will prove his worth and could establish himself as first choice, worsening Maynard's position even further.

Maynard held al the cards during the summer, and the board danced to his tune and played hard ball to demonstrate that they wanted to keep our best player (althogh my belief is that Maynard would have tirned Leicester down even if we had accepted their ebst offer). I've nothing againts Maynard personally, but he doesn't look like our best player just now, and the needs of the team have to come before the needs of just one man, so perhaps we need to play hard ball with Maynard and his agent. If Maynard is prepared to run his contract down, as seems to be the case now, then we have already lost the £4-5m he might have fetched, relegation would prove far more costly so we should support the players who are supporting the club just now.

Excellent post. Team spirit is everything.

I have lost it with him, he us just messing us about what happened to colins deadline ?

Personally I think he has every right to do what he is doing.... BUT, he has now reached that time where i think our contract offer should be withdrawn. And he should now be taken out of the first team and we should look to the future.

I will always back Nicky's choice to run his contract down if he so wishes. But he is not bigger than the club, so in the interest of all parties, I would transfer list him, and put him in the reserves and have him on the periphery where he is available for the bench.

I don't believe his performances have dropped of to be honest, too much is read into Pitman and Taylor being so much better, the fact of the matter is Pitman and Taylor had a 30 minute period where they could run their guts out against a tiring defence, whereas Stead and Maynard were playing at the same physical level as the Hull defence for the entire time they were on the pitch.

Anyway, It's been nice watching you Nicky, Hope you find the club you are looking for and thanks for the memories.

To compare Hunt in the same conversation as Maynard is unbelievable, drop him yes maybe that will give him a kick up the ass, but i still believe he is making the runs he has always done, he is lacking confidence and looks a average player at the moment, but imo this is nothing to do with the transfer thing, i don't think Maynard is a sulking player time will tell i bet anyone on here he will get ten more goals between now and January, Maynard scores in bunches look at his record..

Its not a comparison. I am just stating that the same rules should apply to all. Play crap, get dropped. The club was here before Maynard and it will be here when he is gone. We cannot continue with him in the hope he comes good soon. Pitman has been patient and took his chance when it came on Saturday. Pitman, not Maynard, now deserves a run of games to show what he can do.

Its not a comparison. I am just stating that the same rules should apply to all. Play crap, get dropped. The club was here before Maynard and it will be here when he is gone. We cannot continue with him in the hope he comes good soon. Pitman has been patient and took his chance when it came on Saturday. Pitman, not Maynard, now deserves a run of games to show what he can do.

Fair enough point but i bet if the Reading back four see's no Maynard on Tuesday they will be relieved, Pitman has never lets us down lets give him a chance but i guess any scouting mission from Reading stop Maynard, stop Albert then we have a good chance of beating them.

Archived