IGNORED

Drop Maynard

Donald

Said it last week and I'll say it again now

Drop Maynard!!!

He's off form and is simply playing out his contract, people can moan that we turned down £6-7m but if the player doesn't want to move, we're stuck.

Pitman came on and showed The hunger, passion and fight that you need at this level.

Millen wasn't brave enough to drop Nicky today, to save his job, HE MUST DROP MAYNARD

Drop Maynard!!!

He's off form and is simply playing out his contract, people can moan that we turned down £6-7m but if the player doesn't want to move, we're stuck.

Pitman came on and showed The hunger, passion and fight that you need at this level.

Completely agree. Maynard and Stead were both poor today. Millen should start with Taylor and Pitman on Tuesday.

Drop Maynard!!!

Millen wasn't brave enough to drop Nicky today, to save his job, HE MUST DROP MAYNARD

I'd not only drop him, but tell him and his agent that the financial terms of his contract will be reviewed downwards on a regular basis until he resigns. Maynard needs to keep himself in the shop window and performing if he is to get the dreammove he wants next summer. Not playing will hurt him badly. Also, there is a very strong chance that if Pitman is given a run in the team he will prove his worth and could establish himself as first choice, worsening Maynard's position even further.

Maynard held al the cards during the summer, and the board danced to his tune and played hard ball to demonstrate that they wanted to keep our best player (althogh my belief is that Maynard would have tirned Leicester down even if we had accepted their ebst offer). I've nothing againts Maynard personally, but he doesn't look like our best player just now, and the needs of the team have to come before the needs of just one man, so perhaps we need to play hard ball with Maynard and his agent. If Maynard is prepared to run his contract down, as seems to be the case now, then we have already lost the £4-5m he might have fetched, relegation would prove far more costly so we should support the players who are supporting the club just now.

I totally agree!!! We looked a completely different team when Pitman and Taylor came on.

If Maynard wants to sulk like that for the rest of the season then he's not going to do his career any favours at all. You want a Premier League move Nicky??? You want to be noticed by scouts of bigger clubs? Well you can bloody well work for it then.

We were Poor again but get off Maynards back we all know he's class, he's just not getting the service, He needs creative passses through to him not long balls where we just kick and hope.

Even if he is or isn't getting the service, he can at least bust a gut with effort, and he's not !! He's just going through the motions.

Drop Maynard!!!

drop him i would get rid NOW he dont want to be here he showed that on the park again to day just lazy pitman done more work in 20 odd minutes than maynard done all the time he was on

We were Poor again but get off Maynards back we all know he's class, he's just not getting the service, He needs creative passses through to him not long balls where we just kick and hope.

True, for instance twice first half he'd have been through bearing down on Basso if Albert's passes had been a bit more crisply struck. Must be really frustrating for him.

Stead's done now. Played his one good season now will turn into Elliot. He's done it with every single club, had a good spell then gone average.

Stead was doing Maynards running as well today. Start Pitman and Stead on Tuesday and let Maynard know that he is not bigger than our football club.

Stead was doing Maynards running as well today. Start Pitman and Stead on Tuesday and let Maynard know that he is not bigger than our football club.

Absolutely agree with you. Stead was off form towards the end of last season also. I'll be very surprised if he regains form regulary from the beginning of last season. It seems his trait to start well then fade away. Lets hope Im wrong.

Definitely start with Pitman and Taylor Tuesday. Both not only put in more effort, but also seemed to have a better understanding and played well as a pair. Stead may be able to do the same as Taylor, but he spends too long out wide - he needs to be towards the centre most of the time.

Definitely start with Pitman and Taylor Tuesday. Both not only put in more effort, but also seemed to have a better understanding and played well as a pair. Stead may be able to do the same as Taylor, but he spends too long out wide - he needs to be towards the centre most of the time.

Because he's doing Maynards work for him

It's a good point, Adomah really ain't that good.

Congratulations that brings up the full set, every single player in the squad has now been officially slated.

Albert, certainly hasn't been as good this year, it seems to me he is worrying about his defensive duties rather than just being unleashed and told to cause havoc.

Top man though

It's a good point, Adomah really ain't that good.

Seriously?

Pace, Strength and a good end product most of the time. His only problem is sitting too deep, when he lacks confidence.

Has he really got a good end product??

Albert seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders at the moment. He seems to tire very soon into the second half and pulled out of a couple of challenges today. Not sure whats wrong with the lad but he is a shadow of the player we saw last season.Maybe teams have worked him out or maybe he is being instructed to play differently but the Hull goal came as a result of AA running into the box and for some reason not shooting. He was then disposessed and 20 seconds later we were 1 down.

Albert seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders at the moment. He seems to tire very soon into the second half and pulled out of a couple of challenges today. Not sure whats wrong with the lad but he is a shadow of the player we saw last season.Maybe teams have worked him out or maybe he is being instructed to play differently but the Hull goal came as a result of AA running into the box and for some reason not shooting. He was then disposessed and 20 seconds later we were 1 down.

I agree with your post. He was great last year, but he was an unknown entity. This season teams know what he is all about and as a result can manage his threat.

Clearly he isn't half the player he was last season.

As for 'strength', no way, he's weak, needs to hit the weights.

Archived