IGNORED

Who Wants To Be A Millen Heir?

Bazooka Joe

When (not if) Millen goes, it may be who wants us, rather than who we want.

We've all identified a number of suitable heirs, but will they prefer to go elsewhere?

It's going to take someone special to get us out of the mess that Millen has created.

Who do you reckon will want the job and how long do you think it will take him to turn us into promotion contenders?

When (not if) Millen goes, it may be who wants us, rather than who we want.

We've all identified a number of suitable heirs, but will they prefer to go elsewhere?

It's going to take someone special to get us out of the mess that Millen has created.

Who do you reckon will want the job and how long do you think it will take him to turn us into promotion contenders?

I reckon it's still 50/50...

<br />Sean O'Driscoll, Mark Robins or Paul Tisdale. Hopefully not Jones and DEFINITELY not Billy Davies.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

So you'd dismiss the notion of two proven championship managers (ok, one of them is a grade A ar$e) and go for a guy who's just got sacked from the team below us (who people won't like cos he doesnt jump up and down on the touchline), someone who has the same amount of experience as Millen or someone who has never managed outside of league 2???

All of those are risks, IF Millen is sacked we need as little risk as possible with the next appointment. That means someone who knows the ropes of this division and that is likely to mean Jones or Davies

None. KM is gaffer. Poor start OK, but give him more time. Its still in his hands,

I might prefer relegation with KM than with most of the above managers. We cant swop managers around like players just a few games in.

What about the 40 odd games last season, then? Wasnt a blinding success then either.

All of those are risks, IF Millen is sacked we need as little risk as possible with the next appointment. That means someone who knows the ropes of this division and that is likely to mean Jones or Davies

Agreed. If we assume that it'll take a continuation/worsening of the current situation for Millen to be sacked, then if it happens it'll mean that we're further on into the season and in even more of a dogfight than we are now. Any new man coming in will have a very short timeframe to sort the mess out, so someone who knows what they're doing in this league is essential. Don't get me wrong, I rate Tisdale, SO'D & Robins, and in another situation they'd all be high on the list of potential appointments, but Jones & Davies have both done several seasons with different clubs in this league, and would probably be best equipped for a survival mission, which is what it almost certainly will be.

Tisdale might not come anyway - he turned down Swansea and Reading and is revered down in Exeter. On to a good thing with the club owned by the fans - he likes it great blueprint etc etc.... Unproven at this level but far superior cv than say Clough jr pre Derby. If I was in charge I'd have made a discrete call by now....

Jones is the likeliest I think .... But Keane for the gambler....

I'd prefer Jones or Davies over any of the other 3 you mention but will probably be none of the above.

Tisdale and O'Driz would now be a much bigger gamble given recent blows to their confidence; i do not think either are the solution.

Robins has such a tiny track record that I think it would possibly be an even bigger gamble.

For sure Jones and Davies are far and away better candidates in comparison while at the same time not necessarily being the answer.

May I firstly pay due regard to Mr Joe for his thread title! winner_third_h4h.gif

I've changed my mind on the "heir" in recent days. I've always thought Dave Jones is a good option and would never want Billy Davies as he is a man with a constant gripe and a mouth full of wasps.

However, I've also posted on here that we need a complete clear-out of our (patently useless) coaching staff who seem to be appointed based on the "old City boys" network.

Billy Davies would start that clear-out. I'm not sure that Jones would. Therefore, I'm leaning towards Davies.

hi, interesting reading your board, has similarities to the Derby (my team if u hadn't guessed) board over the last couple of seasons and even the day before this seasons start.I dont know if KM is the man to take you forward but at Derby a major problem was the wage bill and players not wanting to move on, there fore we couldnt get new players in. Young Nigel had his hands tied for the first season but after some shrewd signings he seems to be moving us in the right direction. Obviously the Clough haters are quiet at the moment but will probably show their teeth at first opportunity. have heard a from a few of your fellow supporters lately uttering the wonderful name of Billy Davies..... NOOOOOOO!!!! Trust me that wouldnt do you any favours, look at forest, preston and derby before this seasons run. He's a short term fix and no doubt will keep you in this division but eventually he'll find things he's not happy with and start bitching about publically. Anyway see u at pride park in December.

COYRams.

Interesting to read Warnock called his left back "thick" and a "disgrace" after being sent off. Then managed to pick him up a bit. He's in charge that bloke and has probably given himself some leverage through his success at QPR. Contrast that with KM who wants all his squad to be "happy". He made that comment over contract negotiations ie pay them more so they don't moan. Not correct way of dealing with professional footballers..........

I don't see why we need some old experienced manager ?, when its just another job for them ?, Why not a young manager who has clear idea's who wants this club to be a long term project, who has a vision. We are in a poor position at the moment not a awful position we still have so many games left. Villa boas how old is he 32 ? & he went on an unbeaten season with porto & the highest ever fee for a manager was paid by chelsea for him. We need a long term manager not a short term fix.

Archived