IGNORED

Joey Barton: X-Rated Or X Factor

The Exiled Robin

My latest matchday programme piece, featuring a review of how football bad-boy Joey Barton is transforming himself into an online philosopher.

Joey Barton: X-rated or X Factor?

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.com/2011/09/joey-barton-x-rated-or-x-factor.html?spref=tw

Would love to hear comments, thoughts etc and please share!

My latest matchday programme piece, featuring a review of how football bad-boy Joey Barton is transforming himself into an online philosopher.

Joey Barton: X-rated or X Factor?

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.com/2011/09/joey-barton-x-rated-or-x-factor.html?spref=tw

Would love to hear comments, thoughts etc and please share!

Neanderthal idiot who can read a thesaurus. Nothing more nothing less. Guy should be in jail not earning 80 grand a week. He is all that is wrong with this country.

Neanderthal idiot who can read a thesaurus. Nothing more nothing less. Guy should be in jail not earning 80 grand a week. He is all that is wrong with this country.

Completely disagree. He's the only football player I feel any sort of connection with. He's a working class lad with some brains and has made a lot of mistakes from which he has seemingly learnt.

Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney are everything that is wrong with this country, along with "call me Dave" and Nick "spineless liar" Clegg. Barton is a refreshing change from the normal greed and elitism that controls these shores...

Completely disagree. He's the only football player I feel any sort of connection with. He's a working class lad with some brains and has made a lot of mistakes from which he has seemingly learnt.

Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney are everything that is wrong with this country, along with "call me Dave" and Nick "spineless liar" Clegg. Barton is a refreshing change from the normal greed and elitism that controls these shores...

I wouldn't quite go that far cool2.gif but I agree that Barton seems to have a self-awareness rare in the professional game. Had he had a moneyed start in life, who knows what he'd now be?

It seems clear he regrets his previous bad behaviour and although far from 'going soft' is a more considered character these days.

BBC news magazine ran an article on his philosophical tweets recently that was one of the worst examples of class snobbery I've ever read.

Learnt? Yep, but continues to make the same mistakes. Utter idiot who if wasn't a famous footballer would be locked up by now. Working class scrote if you ask me. No connection with the working class unless you are branding all working class as idiotic thugs who think with their fists first.

I don't mind him to be honest. he is trying to reform himself hasn't been in trouble with the law for quite a while now,

People target him on the pitch he does well to keep his cool at times when you see some of the tackles that go in on him,

He was very good on goals on sunday and seem to be down to earth and quite angry at what he sees as clubs lying to fans etc...

You just have to look at his background and where/how he was brought up, he then suddenly gets given loads of money for playing football and just looses the plot.

Made a lot of mistakes but has served his punishment and has learned from his past and appears to be a better person for it.

People are quick to point a finger, but basically imagine giving a lad from Knowle West 20k a week and see how it is till he ends up banged up.

dropping down to the championship has helped him start again and he's no doubt a better person/player for it

Neanderthal idiot who can read a thesaurus. Nothing more nothing less.

Very harsh.

Barton's thuggery was made 100% worse by booze. Now he's quit alcohol completely and is able to see where he went wrong and adopt a more philosophical outlook on life. That plays a huge part is staying sober and without making life changes he wouldn't stay teetotal for long. He's learn that from his contact with rehab at Sporting Chance.

Sorry can't agree with most of you. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, and I will agree with that. It seems working class joey deserves 3 or 4 second chances. He is a trouble maker who then bleats in public when something doesn't go his way. He is the type of idiot that makes me sick of the society we live in today.

Edit. I really couldn't give a flying fig about joey barton, it is the lives he has ruined with his aggresive behaviour I feel for. Barton as far as I am concerned can rot. Clearly he won't as he sits pretty on his 80,000 a week.

Sorry can't agree with most of you. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, and I will agree with that. It seems working class joey deserves 3 or 4 second chances. He is a trouble maker who then bleats in public when something doesn't go his way. He is the type of idiot that makes me sick of the society we live in today.

Edit. I really couldn't give a flying fig about joey barton, it is the lives he has ruined with his aggresive behaviour I feel for. Barton as far as I am concerned can rot. Clearly he won't as he sits pretty on his 80,000 a week.

A complete c0ck is what Mr Barton is. A little thug from a council estate who probably should be earning a shit wage each week or be on the doll (like most of his pals in scouse land probably are)

A ''refreshing change'' is what somebody said HA :facepalm: :facepalm:

Not even the slightest hint of jealousy there.

Out of interest who's life did he "ruin" TRL?

the guy he mowed down in his car? the guy he punched repeatedly in a town centre? Dabo who he almost blinded? the lad he could of blinded by sticking a cigar in his eye?

maybe they all recovered but if they did it was pure luck and nothing to do with him thinking about what his actions might cause.

What sc said. Jealous of what? Or are you looking for a bite to fulfill whatever it is you need to fulfill!.

People who get beaten up have to live with the consequences and often effects them mentality for the rest of their life. Your question seems a little strange to me, just trying to back up your point of view without any real thought.

the guy he mowed down in his car? the guy he punched repeatedly in a town centre? Dabo who he almost blinded? the lad he could of blinded by sticking a cigar in his eye?

maybe they all recovered but if they did it was pure luck and nothing to do with him thinking about what his actions might cause.

That's what dependant alcoholic drinking can do to some. He probably can't remember halve the things he did when pissed up. That'll be a familiar feeling to many on here.

I'm not defending Barton, just trying to portray the wider picture

Getting drunk is no excuse, maybe he could of learnt after his first act of brutality. Not remembering is not an excuse. If he had killed the first person then maybe he would have been in jail not harming others. You choose to drink, no one else makes you. Is he a alcoholic? I am guessing he is. He should have got help the first time he beat the crap out of someone without remembering. 5 years down the line is too little too late for me. He is a nasty little scrote

Never thought I would see that on OTIB, or anywhere else for that matter - Neanderthal and thesaurus in the same sentence!

Well done TRL

Getting drunk is no excuse, maybe he could of learnt after his first act of brutality. Not remembering is not an excuse. If he had killed the first person then maybe he would have been in jail not harming others. You choose to drink, no one else makes you. Is he a alcoholic? I am guessing he is. He should have got help the first time he beat the crap out of someone without remembering. 5 years down the line is too little too late for me. He is a nasty little scrote

One definition often used to describe alcoholism are the words ''powerless over alcohol''. That certainly applies to anyone who can't stop after the first drink and consequently becomes intoxicated. No doubt most of us have been intoxicated at some point and many will have done and said things they then regret and/or forget.

Before he accepted and understood his alcoholism, Barton may well intended to have one drink every time but one is too many and ten ain't enough.

Like I said I'm not defending anyone who does what Barton did, drunk or otherwise but he deserves some credit imo for trying to change his life. Stopping alcohol is just the first step and as part of his recovery programme he'll reach a stage where he'll try to make amends to those he hurt. If they reject his amends then he has to live with it. Some people just can't forgive.

One definition often used to describe alcoholism are the words ''powerless over alcohol''. That certainly applies to anyone who can't stop after the first drink and consequently becomes intoxicated. No doubt most of us have been intoxicated at some point and many will have done and said things they then regret and/or forget.

Before he accepted and understood his alcoholism, Barton may well intended to have one drink every time but one is too many and ten ain't enough.

Like I said I'm not defending anyone who does what Barton did, drunk or otherwise but he deserves some credit imo for trying to change his life. Stopping alcohol is just the first step and as part of his recovery programme he'll reach a stage where he'll try to make amends to those he hurt. If they reject his amends then he has to live with it. Some people just can't forgive.

Do you think he was under the influence while at training when he stunned a cigar out in a players eye. He is just a nasty scrote with or without alcohol. No excuses for this low life in my book.

Is he a alcoholic though, on this I am unclear?

Do you think he was under the influence while at training when he stunned a cigar out in a players eye. He is just a nasty scrote with or without alcohol. No excuses for this low life in my book.

I could explain it to you in far more detail but it wouldn't change you view so I won't bother.

I believe he went into Sporting Chance rehab so yes he's an alcoholic.

I could explain it to you in far more detail but it wouldn't change you view so I won't bother.

I believe he went into Sporting Chance rehab so yes he's an alcoholic.

I know all the arguments for people with alcoholism and the treatment, and the understanding they have a problem, and i can understand the good it can do.

All this does not hide the fact that Barton with or without drink is a nasty piece of work.

He gets no credit from me for getting himself sorted out, he has done this for himself, none of this help the people who's lives he has adversely effect. they are the ones who should get help and support before the likes of Barton gets his support.

Out of interest, if he is a alcoholic, and was drinking a lot, what the hell is he doing playing football? Seems a bit like gutless management and a abhorrent agreement that what he did was okay in some way. It took Another player getting beaten up to get the guy booted out of Man City. This is how callous and disgusting football has become, that he was ever offered another contract by another club. I could go on, but people like this i despise.

And to be honest a lot of his bully boy antics have happened while at work, so either he was drunk at work, or just a nasty scrote, which I think he is! And if he was at work while drunk he should have been warned once then sacked.

You are right, you will never change my point of View on Joey Barton, what he has done to other peoplr should never ever be excused, because it leads people to think it is okay to do it again. No namby pamby BS, lock him up and make him pay for any help the victim needs to try and get past the beating they have taken.

Archived