IGNORED

Best Performance Of The Season

Jordan Tansley

Well, it was. Until the last 20 mins we were absolutely brilliant. Lewin kept the ball on the floor for the first time in his career and we scored. Pitman was electric when allowed space, so unlucky with his finish. Sat in line with the linesman for the disallowed goal and it was the worst decision I have ever seen. Nicky hit the bar and federici was amazing for them.

If we play like that we will win more than we lose.

I have lost faith in Millen, believe me. But you simply cannot blame him for that. (could have made a substitution to get fresh legs on but Skuses injury meant we lost a midfield option.)

Well, it was. Until the last 20 mins we were absolutely brilliant. Lewin kept the ball on the floor for the first time in his career and we scored. Pitman was electric when allowed space, so unlucky with his finish. Sat in line with the linesman for the disallowed goal and it was the worst decision I have ever seen. Nicky hit the bar and federici was amazing for them.

I have lost faith in Millen, believe me. But you simply cannot blame him for that. (could have made a substitution to get fresh legs on but Skuses injury meant we lost a midfield option.)

Too good to go down?.

Too good to go down?.

I don't think anybody is too good to go down. If we create that many chances and play like that more often we will win more than we lose.

Replicating a performance like that is another matter and probably beyond Millen. When you see the DVD, I'm sure you will agree though.

Why did we collapse? Why are we so low on confidence? Why are we 2nd bottom?

I agree that the individual result tonight cannot be blamed on Millen but the dire situation we are in is fully his fault.

We've needed this for quite a long time, but we need a leader in the team.

We've got a real soft underbelly, we need someone who's nasty and can inspire the side.

Well, it was certainly the best performance at home but seeing as we've got 2 points from 15 at AG that isn't saying much, is it?

Many of the players deserve their share of the blame but fact is we're going down if we stick with Millen

Time to act whilst there is a chance of staying up.

I don't think anybody is too good to go down. If we create that many chances and play like that more often we will win more than we lose.

Replicating a performance like that is another matter and probably beyond Millen. When you see the DVD, I'm sure you will agree though.

I know stats don't tell the whole story (although Millen seems obsessed with them) but they look quite even, in fact according to the main site Reading had 52% of possession.

I know stats don't tell the whole story (although Millen seems obsessed with them) but they look quite even, in fact according to the main site Reading had 52% of possession.

It's a funny one. I noticed before halftime when we were 1 up and everyone was raving about the performance that we had only 41% possession. As I said at 2-2, would spending a lot of time chasing the ball not wear out the side? In addition to which, at the same time i.e. the 41% stat someone said we were controlling the game. 41% possession doesn't tend to mean controlling the game does it?

Yet on the flipside by all accounts we could have scored a lot more than 2. Don't know what to believe anymore.

Mentioned on 5 live on the way back that Alex Ferguson has never lost from a position of 2-0 up in 30 something years of management . Guess that's just a lucky coincidence then if we apply your logic?

You're right they don't, Reading had a lot of meaningless possession along the back line particularly in the first 10 mins, they also had a fair amount of long balls in the early exchanges which they mopped up with relative ease. We are a team who likes to be direct and use the possession quickly (though sometimes not quick enough) so our possession stats are sometimes a little distorted? we had many many more attacks than Reading and created at least 7 good goal scoring chances.

The defence played some nice football and kept the ball on the deck and this was, in my opinion, down to the addition of Louis. He does have a "driving" influence on the defence and loves to carry the ball forward and this had an effect on Lewin and James (Who I though were both excellent in the middle today) McGivern also looks tidy. Be nice to keep hold of him...

The anger is starting to subside now, thankfully and I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game. For instance a friend who hasn't seen a city game in years came tonight and commented on Maynard's effort and desire.

Keith isn't the man, but if we play like that a bit more he could convince me he is again.

You're right they don't, Reading had a lot of meaningless possession along the back line particularly in the first 10 mins, they also had a fair amount of long balls in the early exchanges which they mopped up with relative ease. We are a team who likes to be direct and use the possession quickly (though sometimes not quick enough) so our possession stats are sometimes a little distorted? we had many many more attacks than Reading and created at least 7 good goal scoring chances.

The defence played some nice football and kept the ball on the deck and this was, in my opinion, down to the addition of Louis. He does have a "driving" influence on the defence and loves to carry the ball forward and this had an effect on Lewin and James (Who I though were both excellent in the middle today) McGivern also looks tidy. Be nice to keep hold of him...

The anger is starting to subside now, thankfully and I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game. For instance a friend who hasn't seen a city game in years came tonight and commented on Maynard's effort and desire.

Keith isn't the man, but if we play like that a bit more he could convince me he is again.

The problem is Jordan, we have Blackpool away on Saturday and we all know how much they will be fired up by Holloway for this game and it's our 10th game of the season, the game that the pro Millens said judge him at.

and I suspect it's back to 4-5-1 and who will he play upfront Maynard or Pitman?, I know who I think he'll play.

Not wishing to cause an argument on this terrible night, but we will NOT win more than we lose playing like that. We fail to convert chance after chance and we defend like a bunch of 5 year olds.We are going down, no question.

The problem is Jordan, we have Blackpool away on Saturday and we all know how much they will be fired up by Holloway for this game and it's our 10th game of the season, the game that the pro Millens said judge him at.

and I suspect it's back to 4-5-1 and who will he play upfront Maynard or Pitman?, I know who I think he'll play.

He'll play Pitman and it won't work.

I agree entirely (for once) it's not going to end well and I was wrong to be so positive about him in the off season. He hasn't learnt enough and what he has learnt he hasn't done fast enough. He should have started his career lower down the leagues where naivety is punished less harshly.

It's a very real worry.

He'll play Pitman and it won't work.

I agree entirely (for once) it's not going to end well and I was wrong to be so positive about him in the off season. He hasn't learnt enough and what he has learnt he hasn't done fast enough. He should have started his career lower down the leagues where naivety is punished less harshly.

It's a very real worry.

I hope your right about picking Pitman he deserves his chance, to be honest although he may have been up for it tonight I think a lot of people were surprised that Maynard was selected again.

Not wishing to cause an argument on this terrible night, but we will NOT win more than we lose playing like that. We fail to convert chance after chance and we defend like a bunch of 5 year olds.We are going down, no question.

we hit the bar twice, the keeper pulled of at least 3 top drawer saves and we had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed. We defended brilliantly for 70 minutes and were let down by 1) and unlucky bounce following a good save 2) a terrible individual error and 3) a sublime bit of skill to beat the keeper with a flick.

We might well be going down, but I don't think we will if we can somehow maintain that level of performance.

I hope your right about picking Pitman he deserves his chance, to be honest although he may have been up for it tonight I think a lot of people were surprised that Maynard was selected again.

I wasn't and I was delighted to hear them paired together again. They link well together and have a good understanding of who should come short and when they should make a dart in behind. Nicky thrives on that interplay.

Good to see everyone being positive.:winner_third_h4h:

Much like Hull game we created more chances against a better team. When i say better, i mean the better footballing side and thats the rub for me, four seasons at this level and we still play hoofball ( other than the odd move) We haven't got the personnel to do anything else. How many times did we lump/chip it up to Maynard and Pitman only to see it come flying back from the centre halves??? Apart from 5 mins after we scored i should think Reading controlled that game.

Thought good ole Louis did well but tired badly at the end,

Mc givern did well but disappeared for first goal and guilty of ball watching too often.

JCR? bad day at office,

Going rapidly off Killkenny.where does he go all game unless we're on top... and i keep seeing him encourage the backs to lump it instead of making himself available.. oh and stop trying to tell every other ****** what to do, do yer own job kid.

James? not for me, did make a couple of blocks but poor for goals 1 and 2.

Millen? stick or twist aint it Colin? What ya gonna do? :dunno:

Archived