IGNORED

Best Performance Of The Season

Jordan Tansley

Good to see everyone being positive.:winner_third_h4h:

Much like Hull game we created more chances against a better team. When i say better, i mean the better footballing side and thats the rub for me, four seasons at this level and we still play hoofball ( other than the odd move) We haven't got the personnel to do anything else. How many times did we lump/chip it up to Maynard and Pitman only to see it come flying back from the centre halves??? Apart from 5 mins after we scored i should think Reading controlled that game.

Thought good ole Louis did well but tired badly at the end,

Mc givern did well but disappeared for first goal and guilty of ball watching too often.

JCR? bad day at office,

Going rapidly off Killkenny.where does he go all game unless we're on top... and i keep seeing him encourage the backs to lump it instead of making himself available.. oh and stop trying to tell every other ****** what to do, do yer own job kid.

James? not for me, did make a couple of blocks but poor for goals 1 and 2.

Millen? stick or twist aint it Colin? What ya gonna do? :dunno:

To play football you need atleast 5-6 footballers

I seriously don't understand why Millen didn't bring fresh legs on after we conceded, I see no reason why Millen felt the need to change shape either we didn't need to throw the kitchen sink at reading we tore them up plenty of times using 4-4-2. I would of brought on Bolasie on for Adomah and Taylor for Maynard, both whom played well and worked there socks off but Maynard just coudn't get the shade of the green.

To be honest I wouldn't of minded if we even threw stead and Taylor and played lump ball if it meant we kept the ball a bit more and gained a bit more confidence. If Millen doesn't think he has subs that infleunce the game for more than 10 minutes than why have them on the pitch. Even bringing spence on and getting 5 at the back woudn't been so bad but maybe not a option for Millen seeing as spence was frozen out until Skuse got injured.

Well, it was. Until the last 20 mins we were absolutely brilliant. Lewin kept the ball on the floor for the first time in his career and we scored. Pitman was electric when allowed space, so unlucky with his finish. Sat in line with the linesman for the disallowed goal and it was the worst decision I have ever seen. Nicky hit the bar and federici was amazing for them.

If we play like that we will win more than we lose.

Sorry mate, but in the end it's just another loss.

And you should never, ever lose such an important match being up 2-0 already... :ranting:

This season has relegation written all over it as those are the must-not loose matches...

Its all academic really...its a good job Reading were poor for 70 minutes or we would have been well and truly whupped.

When you look in the paper it will give the result as 2-3 not "2-3 but City played brilliantly for 70 minutes and the linesman made a mistake."

Wasnt it the great Bill Shankley who said "if your playing badly but winning theres nothing wrong, but if your playing brilliantly and losing youve got big problems." a phrase used often by Alan Hanson I believe.

Its all academic really...its a good job Reading were poor for 70 minutes or we would have been well and truly whupped.

When you look in the paper it will give the result as 2-3 not "2-3 but City played brilliantly for 70 minutes and the linesman made a mistake."

Wasnt it the great Bill Shankley who said "if your playing badly but winning theres nothing wrong, but if your playing brilliantly and losing youve got big problems." a phrase used often by Alan Hanson I believe.

It depends though doesn't it. If you look at the season as a whole then last night was a marked improvement and progress. That's all anyone cam realistically ask for.

Well unfortunately it seems its back to day 1 in terms of goals conceded. If those 3 goals had been spread throughout the game, most people would be complaining about how crap it was again. Somehow it's not so bad if they all go in towards the end of the game? I don't think so. 3 goals is 3 goals, no improvement where we need it most I'm afraid.

If Millen does turn it around, exactly what is he going to turn it into? Dire first quarter and a bottom 3rd finish every year? I can't believe anyone is content with that. Time for a new broom or 3/4 price season tickets.

Archived