IGNORED

Boo Boys

glastonred

But it should of been directed at the players, it was there fault Riaz not Millens. Was Millen in goal when a nothing cross came over that should of been pushed out for a corner, but a experienced international keeper decided to push it straight to a strikers feet. Then fumbled a very weak shot straight into the path of another player and didn't even try to react to keep out the rebound. The answer is obviously NO, he was on the touchline unable to do anything about it, like all of us.

Why wasn't the cross cut out by our defenders or midfield?

Or should we be letting every player get crosses in?

But it should of been directed at the players, it was there fault Riaz not Millens. Was Millen in goal when a nothing cross came over that should of been pushed out for a corner, but a experienced international keeper decided to push it straight to a strikers feet. Then fumbled a very weak shot straight into the path of another player and didn't even try to react to keep out the rebound. The answer is obviously NO, he was on the touchline unable to do anything about it, like all of us.

Not true. He is able to influence games with his subs...

Problem is, the players he selected on the bench prevented him being able to influence the game.

I was in the Atyeo and I got the impression that the boos were for Keith Millen.

Me too and I agree - they were aimed at Millen NOT the team. It's gone too far now and we need change NOW.

Why was KM running the line in the first half?

Why substitute a wide-player to bring a striker on and play him out wide?

Why were we continually lumping balls up the front two when their centre-halfs were much taller and winning everything in the air, why now change tacticly as when we got the ball on the floor, we looked so much better?

Usually after a defeat, being a somewhat philosophical fan, it doesn't take me too long to put the disappointment into perspective and get on with my life; but tonight, after having just returned from the game against Reading I feel angry, so angry in fact that even though I really should be getting some sleep in order to wake early for work tomorrow morning, I feel I just have to come online and vent my spleen.

However, this is not directed towards the team or the manager, but at the fans who booed after the match, whom I thought were a disgrace. The team had, for the vast majority of the ninety minutes delivered an inspiring performance, full of drive and intent to win. It was one of the most exciting games I have watched for a long time, until two dreadful flaps by James meant that the scores were unjustly level, followed quickly by a fluke goal to take away our points. The lads had played their hearts out, and what do they get in return but a loud chorus of boos from so-called supporters. Shame on them. The players don't deserve 'supporters' like that. How is that going to help the team get over such a shocking injustice that the scoreline reveals? How is that going to boost the confidence of players who had just played their hearts out for the cause? This is not the message we should be sending to the players and staff.

It's about time that we true fans stand up to the boo boys who are trying to do down our beloved club, and voice our opposition to people who only seem to delight in negativity and despair.

Why should we not boo? its been a piss poor season, as most of last season was, we were 2-0 up against a poor team, and in the space of 18 minutes we concede 3 to lose 3-2 and put us second bottom. no matter how well we played, the players just arent good enough and they proved that tonight !!! things need to change quick

I agree, as I said in the David James thread, the match was as good an example as you will see of why we are a confidence side - it was coursing through the players at 2-0 up, and it was utterly destroyed the minute the keeper started to flap.

Given the evidence of what is possible when the players aren't scared or paranoid, what do half the crowd do, but boo and jeer them off the pitch. Say what you want about Millen but at the moment it is any old stick, and it doesn't help the players.

People will say it IS the players but yesterday it was David James, already divisive among the players for all his privilege. So we have talented young players trying hard and having their confidence and efforts shot to pieces due to the best paid player.

People saw last night what is possible from the talented players in the squad given confidence, and yet rather than support that, some fans are straight on their back regardless of who is at fault. The booing rewarded effort with indiscriminate blame.

If I did a good job and got barracked repeatedly because the much better paid employee down the corridor was consistently hopeless, I would be lacking confidence and demoralised too. We have young players (Adomah, Wilson, McGivern) and others who don't deserve it.

Did anyone see Albert remonstrating with James are the equaliser. Here's a young guy who has played out of his skin, scored one (perhaps two) brilliant individual goals and setup another with a great cross, and in 5 minutes someone earning 5 times his wage wastes it all.

What do you think this kind of culture does in the squad? Do you think we have a united team? The booing WAS inane. I'm sure there are decent players who are hurting and lacking belief because even when they put a shift in, they get it in the neck for others.

If the booing was for Millen it started as soon as the whistle went, not just as he walked off, so it was THE response to players efforts. And as for Millen, as in the David James thread - he didn't sign this clown and I'm amazed people believe he has the luxury of dropping him permanently.

I think the head are dropping far too easily, first goal went everyone lost their way and we went back to the old ways of defending being too sloppy and the midfield being too scared to push out. We always go on the defensive immediately after a goal and just don't push out for the rest of the game. Pure madness

Why should we not boo? its been a piss poor season, as most of last season was, we were 2-0 up against a poor team, and in the space of 18 minutes we concede 3 to lose 3-2 and put us second bottom. no matter how well we played, the players just arent good enough and they proved that tonight !!! things need to change quick

Booing is one thing calling the manager the "C" word is another.

Last night reminds me of the defeats by Swansea and Cardiff......where does a management team go from this one? there is no recovering im afraid.

He wasnt to blame for last nights result, but last night result was the cherry on a Keith Millen dog sh*t cake. We need a massive shake up at this club, and if it doesnt come soon, we will 100% be relegated

Did the players deserve to be boo'd? Absolutely. They are proffessional players who were 2-0 up with what, 18 minutes left?? history is littered with relegated teams and people saying "....oh we did so well for an hour in that game" and "oh we deserved more out of that". Its a losers excuse. Football is a 90 minute game, and being able to see a game out is just as important as trying to put yourself in a winning position.

Last night was pathetic and there are NO excuses

don't agree at all, that game was nothing like the two you compare it to at all.

ive got to be honest im not suprised at the boos last night but i think 99% of it was aimed at the fool they man we call "our manager",yes there was positives but to be 2 nil up (should have been more)to surrender that is shocking and lets be fair until the 70th minute reading were awful lets not beat around the bush,the players seem to have no self belief that was evident as soon as we conceded the first last night.We have to understand people pay decent money to see us capitulate like that so its hardly suprised people boo and are annoyed to say the least,and as for keith millen its time he went he's clueless.He has no idea about man management,no plan b,no motivational skills and has no idea about substitutions.

don't agree at all, that game was nothing like the two you compare it to at all.

I don't mean the game itself Jordan....I mean the damage it can do to morale and belief within the club.

After those two games, the respective managers were finished. Do you believe Millen has what it takes to bOunce back from this and turn it round? I dont....

Archived