IGNORED

Let's Take It Back To The Old School

The Casual Connoisseur

There's no money, it's as simple as that, we are stuck with what we have got, if Millen goes then an appointment within the club would be made.

Of course the statement above is just made up (maybe true) but the lack of communication from the current chairman is leading every Tom, Dick and Harry to their own conclusions (including me), the only thing that is 100% sure is that this club is going to the dogs, something's not right and the longer it's left the worse it's going to get.

20 Years ago we'd all be making our feelings known at Ashton Gate, the invention of the internet has given us a platform to air our grievances and opinions but it's also made us physically apathetic! In the days before blogs and forums etc, we'd let our voices be heard and our banners be seen, we'd let the board, manger or players know by standing in the carpark or outside the executive entrances, I think it's time to take it back to the old school and let the powers that be know that we won't except the current situation, league one is NOT an option.

they are starting to make feelings known in the stands now, his days are numbered,

avg attendance is down by over 2000 there is booing and chants of Millen out

Starting yeah but did you see the effect that Blackburns liitle demo had on the players, manager and the media coverage they received.

Ian not saying that little Bristol City would get the same coverage but we'd certainly get taken notice of.

It's our club, it's our job to make a difference. If we do nothing and the worst happens then, we can't moan about it.

I well remember a demonstration against Alan Dicks outside the Williams after a match when we were struggling in Div. 2 after being relegated from the top flight. Must have been Autumn 1980.

Probably only a few hundred but the mood was furious, and the fans were aggressive and persistent enough for the police to move in and drag fans away.

I remember one bloke being dragged away and shouting, "You can't be a ******* Bristol copper or you wouldn't be doing this."

Times have indeed changed.

I well remember a demonstration against Alan Dicks outside the Williams after a match when we were struggling in Div. 2 after being relegated from the top flight. Must have been Autumn 1980.

Probably only a few hundred but the mood was furious, and the fans were aggressive and persistent enough for the police to move in and drag fans away.

I remember one bloke being dragged away and shouting, "You can't be a ******* Bristol copper or you wouldn't be doing this."

Times have indeed changed.

There were no demonstrations v Cooper, just a feeling of resignation that it was time for him to go.

I don't buy this apathetic argument. It has never been easier for fans to organise themslves. No protests, no petitions, no marches could mean the depth of the anti's is shallow.

There were no demonstrations v Cooper, just a feeling of resignation that it was time for him to go.

I don't buy this apathetic argument. It has never been easier for fans to organise themslves. No protests, no petitions, no marches could mean the depth of the anti's is shallow.

I wasn't talking about TC - the fans held him in very high esteem and all were sad to see it finish the way it did.

Fans are much more apathetic these days than 30 years ago. When you see so many state they have abandoned going to matches rather than continue attending and let their feelings be known then there has been a big change.

With Millen perhaps fans are also holding back because he was SL's personal choice and shouting for his head would seem like criticism of a well liked and respected Chairman.

Having said that there was no question of the depth of anti Millen feeling amongst the crowd leaving the ground last night.

There's no money, it's as simple as that, we are stuck with what we have got, if Millen goes then an appointment within the club would be made.

Of course the statement above is just made up (maybe true) but the lack of communication from the current chairman is leading every Tom, Dick and Harry to their own conclusions (including me), the only thing that is 100% sure is that this club is going to the dogs, something's not right and the longer it's left the worse it's going to get.

20 Years ago we'd all be making our feelings known at Ashton Gate, the invention of the internet has given us a platform to air our grievances and opinions but it's also made us physically apathetic! In the days before blogs and forums etc, we'd let our voices be heard and our banners be seen, we'd let the board, manger or players know by standing in the carpark or outside the executive entrances, I think it's time to take it back to the old school and let the powers that be know that we won't except the current situation, league one is NOT an option.

The problem is that if Millen was sacked then Wigley would step up and he flopped badly at Southampton as number 1. If the club brought in a new manager from outside there is still no guarantee that the new bloke will be any more successful and could in fact make things worse through the upheaval that a new broom would cause, plus it takes time for new idea's to be introduced.

I honestly don't think it's that shallow, but you are entitled to your opinion. If all those (myself included) that aren't happy and those that stayed away the past couple of games got organised the numbers would be in the thousands, the club would soon wake up once the clubs name was dragged through the local/regional/national media dirt.

The problem is that if Millen was sacked then Wigley would step up and he flopped badly at Southampton as number 1. If the club brought in a new manager from outside there is still no guarantee that the new bloke will be any more successful and could in fact make things worse through the upheaval that a new broom would cause, plus it takes time for new idea's to be introduced.

Not at all, Wigley was Millen's choice as assistant, so no reason at all why he would or should stay on if Millen goes.

SL surely wouldn't make the same mistake again by appointing from within.

No chance of that, same ideals and all that. New strong management, that simple

How can it get any worse?

thats the problem, there has been no new ideas for 4 years now, this is Johnson's brand of football becasue thats who teflon learnt from,

You hated gary and his brand of football but are so blinded by your faith to keef that you can't see whats infront of you,

If we play like we did for 90 minutes on saturday and the following 5 league games picking up a minimum of 12 points then feel free to get back on your high horse,

Reading Sexston's interview its preety plain to see that if we don't get a win or at least a draw with a outstanding performance then keef and wiggles will be gone in the international break,

as for protesting I am so strongly against it at it achieves nothing of use apart some 5 minutes of fame and 6 months of ridicule

The problem is, if nothing is done then we will get relegated, lookna the table it doesn't lie.

What's more worrying is that if Wiggley is appointed, his appointment pretty much means we are skint. If we are skint then why are the board and Millen contradicting eachother by saying different things, why was he allowed to buy, Bolasie, Taylor etc, why didn't we accept bids for Maynard, why did we get Spence in and not play him etc, etc, etc.

Something is not right, and I won't be happy until someone takes some responsibly and answers sone questions.

I wasn't talking about TC - the fans held him in very high esteem and all were sad to see it finish the way it did.

Fans are much more apathetic these days than 30 years ago. When you see so many state they have abandoned going to matches rather than continue attending and let their feelings be known then there has been a big change.

With Millen perhaps fans are also holding back because he was SL's personal choice and shouting for his head would seem like criticism of a well liked and respected Chairman.

Having said that there was no question of the depth of anti Millen feeling amongst the crowd leaving the ground last night.

City fans have not always gone down the car park route.

Abandoning matches, huge gate drops and Kew out Osman out did for Osman.

There was every question about the depth of anti Keith Millen feeling last night as the support was excellent.

Fans have organised campaigns in the last ten years re EE and new gound one of which Steve Lansdown was against. City fans have also boycotted bubble trips.

This apathy is obvioulsy selective, bit weird this when there is such a rich history of City fans not being apathetic at all.

thats the problem, there has been no new ideas for 4 years now, this is Johnson's brand of football becasue thats who teflon learnt from,

You hated gary and his brand of football but are so blinded by your faith to keef that you can't see whats infront of you,

If we play like we did for 90 minutes on saturday and the following 5 league games picking up a minimum of 12 points then feel free to get back on your high horse,

Reading Sexston's interview its preety plain to see that if we don't get a win or at least a draw with a outstanding performance then keef and wiggles will be gone in the international break,

as for protesting I am so strongly against it at it achieves nothing of use apart some 5 minutes of fame and 6 months of ridicule

Id disagree about protesting, it has its place.

Cardiff and Brighton, they both did pretty well after protesting against unsuccessful regimes, councils etc.

There was every question about the depth of anti Keith Millen feeling last night as the support was excellent.

We want city to do well and that is the whole point at the end of the day.

The support was excellent - because the performance was excellent.

Loads were chanting millen out at the final whistle

Id disagree about protesting, it has its place.

Cardiff and Brighton, they both did pretty well after protesting against unsuccessful regimes, councils etc.

I can agree with that,

Things are bad but they are no where near a protest stage yet,

They've just got to the anti millen chants stage Protest is far away yet, these will grwo the longer poor home performances/results continue if we make it to 10 games with out a home win then it will be justifiable to protest, but not at the moment

I can agree with that,

Things are bad but they are no where near a protest stage yet,

They've just got to the anti millen chants stage Protest is far away yet, these will grwo the longer poor home performances/results continue if we make it to 10 games with out a home win then it will be justifiable to protest, but not at the moment

10 home games will equate to nearly half the season, if we haven't won by then we will be down already, confidence on the floor and no time to instil new plans act now or act too late.

10 home games will equate to nearly half the season, if we haven't won by then we will be down already, confidence on the floor and no time to instil new plans act now or act too late.

not saying give him that much time but that would be about right to protest,

the anti feeling will continue to grow if results and performances don't improve, anyway we've played 6 at home already so its only another 4 home games if the board don't act that is,

Not at all, Wigley was Millen's choice as assistant, so no reason at all why he would or should stay on if Millen goes.

SL surely wouldn't make the same mistake again by appointing from within.

True. But, Millen obviously didn't go with Tinnion. (He was Tinnion's choice as number 2) I still don't know why he was allowed to stay.

I know GJ kept Millen as assistant but why was he still at the club?

As I've mentioned in other posts I don't know who would actually want the job. I reckon SL / CS will appoint from within, whether thats James or Carey or whoever. Maybe even Wigley.

Archived