IGNORED

"nothing For A Few Days"

Bar BS3

Personally I think it's pretty clear that barring a good win at Blackpool, Millen will be out on his arse by the end of the weekend.

I think even a draw would seal his fate.

Thing is a point at Blackpool would be a good result, so it might give an excuse to delay the inevitable!

A lot people do seem to suggest that 'something' could be happenning early next week.

Either we have some people who really know or many people are jumping on the 'I have a source' bandwagon.

It's a logical suppostion. It's more likely than not, that failing a convincing win on Saturday that Millen will be out. Whilst the club may have a long term strategy, with the new stadium at it's heart, relegation does not form part of this strategy. The fact that we threw away a 2 nil lead after an amazing performance reinforces the fact that the buck stops with the manager, not the players despite their performance (defence and goal keeping especially). For this reason, in order to decrease the risk of relegation and increase attendances and therefore revenue, Millen will be shown the door early next week. Simplez!

Make of it what you will, but when directly asked, "off the record", if the press should be expecting any imminent announcements, CS's response was "not for a few days".

I have heard strong, ie consistant rumours, from more than one reasonable source, that it has been SL that has steadfastly refused to sack Millen, even though the board have made it clear they want him gone. it may be that after Tuesday's debacle even Mr L has seen enough. God knows I have!!! I was pleased he was given the job after Coppelgate and I really wanted Millen to succeed but this year has been abject bar the odd result/performance and sadly, I have seen NOTHING that suggests he has it in his locker to change things sufficiently.

I have heard strong, ie consistant rumours, from more than one reasonable source, that it has been SL that has steadfastly refused to sack Millen, even though the board have made it clear they want him gone. it may be that after Tuesday's debacle even Mr L has seen enough. God knows I have!!!

Absolutely right I think!

Sexy can't wait to pull the trigger...

I believe that win, lose or draw Millen, rightly or wrongly will be gone during the international break and I have heard it mentioned that he is aware of this. A sacking after a win is not unheard of, Pardew was sacked at Southampton after trouncing the rovers (not hard I know).I think Jones is/has been lined up and I've heard a few people mention some clause where he can't be appointed until some time in October. Whether this means that City will have to pay compensation to Cardiff if we do this before that expires we'll have to see. It may mean Millen may still be left to oversee the international break (sounds unlikely with the Sexstone quote above) or we may have to wait a little bit until Dave Jones is OFFICIALLY appointed. Either way, we may need to cut the board some slack and show a bit of patience.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see us win, and Millen on Monday hold a press conference, Gary Johnson style saying he has taken the club as far as he can and it was time for someone else to step in. So whilst it will go on his record he resigned, in reality it was a case of , if you hand in your resignation, we'll accept it, otherwise we're going to sack you.

Don't you just know we'll win 2-0 :innocent06:

Even then he should go.

If the board have decided that only a win at Blackpool will do, then it has reached the stage when even a win will NOT do.

That sort of ultimatum, whether it's been said in so many words, or not, would mean they have already lost faith in him and he will only be a couple of poor results away from the sack anyway.

The decision has almost certainly been made and I would expect this to be KM's last game in charge whatever the result.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see us win, and Millen on Monday hold a press conference, Gary Johnson style saying he has taken the club as far as he can and it was time for someone else to step in. So whilst it will go on his record he resigned, in reality it was a case of , if you hand in your resignation, we'll accept it, otherwise we're going to sack you.

I think with the way things have unfolded, this would be the best all round solution. KM is a good guy, who has done nothing but his best for this club. Similar to the timing of Jonhson's departure, i think it is the right time for a change (although i'm not calling for his head)

He deserves to leave with his head held high and we just have to prey that his replacement is able to make the most of a decent bunch of players and is supported in the transfer market to improve it.

Also, let's give the new manager time rather than get straight on his back after a couple fo games!

I think with the way things have unfolded, this would be the best all round solution. KM is a good guy, who has done nothing but his best for this club. Similar to the timing of Jonhson's departure, i think it is the right time for a change (although i'm not calling for his head)

He deserves to leave with his head held high and we just have to prey that his replacement is able to make the most of a decent bunch of players and is supported in the transfer market to improve it.

Also, let's give the new manager time rather than get straight on his back after a couple fo games!

Unless he's an incredibly unpopular choice there's no chance of that.

Make of it what you will, but when directly asked, "off the record", if the press should be expecting any imminent announcements, CS's response was "not for a few days".

IF CS was asked 'off the record'.......................how the hell has it ended up on here??????? If there was any substance to the question and answer, and it WAS asked 'off the record' then I hope CS remembers exactly WHO asked him, and that he'll put out some sort of contract out on the bloke! Hopefully not as big a contract as Nicky was offered though!

Apart from that, what will be will be.

COME ON YOU REDS REGARDLESS OF WHO IS AT THE TILLER (if anyone can put a tune to that I think we've got a winner there)

You are forgetting that many on here don't even bother to go to games before casting judgement on players and staff!

I assumed you meant reactions from fans in the ground - people sound off on here, but it's what happens at games that actually counts.

The fans at AG will be mightily relieved to see a new man in charge - unless it's a diabolical choice, of course - and I've no doubt he'll have full support from the stands

It'll be a fresh start for everybody and a reinvigorated crowd who turn up for the Posh game.

We won't expect miracles, just a really competent manager who gives us a bit of hope for this season, and the future.

I assumed you meant reactions from fans in the ground - people sound off on here, but it's what happens at games that actually counts.

The fans at AG will be mightily relieved to see a new man in charge - unless it's a diabolical choice, of course - and I've no doubt he'll have full support from the stands

It'll be a fresh start for everybody and a reinvigorated crowd who turn up for the Posh game.

We won't expect miracles, just a really competent manager who gives us a bit of hope for this season, and the future.

Fair comment. Do us a favour though and don't have a photo taken with the next one - it seems to be a bit of a jinx!

IF CS was asked 'off the record'.......................how the hell has it ended up on here??????? If there was any substance to the question and answer, and it WAS asked 'off the record' then I hope CS remembers exactly WHO asked him, and that he'll put out some sort of contract out on the bloke! Hopefully not as big a contract as Nicky was offered though!

Apart from that, what will be will be.

COME ON YOU REDS REGARDLESS OF WHO IS AT THE TILLER (if anyone can put a tune to that I think we've got a winner there)

I have no need to justify myself to you. Like I said, make of it what you will.

Those on here that know me, know where I spend much of my time and that will validate this or any other thread i post. I'm not into making up bullshit rumours for the sake of it.

KM may be in his job more many months to come for all i know. I am just telling the the responce given to a question that was put to CS.

Also, lets just say that there will be more press attending the Blackpool game that would usually be the case.

If and when Millen leaves i'll be very pleased as i think whoever the next gaffer is cant do any worse so the only way is up! :fingerscrossed:

That's what the Rovers thought when they sacked Trollope and appointed Dave Penney. Actually, another manager might do a lot worse, so don't count your chickens. A new manager doesn't always bring instant improvements.

I have no need to justify myself to you. Like I said, make of it what you will.

Those on here that know me, know where I spend much of my time and that will validate this or any other thread i post. I'm not into making up bullshit rumours for the sake of it.

KM may be in his job more many months to come for all i know. I am just telling the the responce given to a question that was put to CS.

Also, lets just say that there will be more press attending the Blackpool game that would usually be the case.

Yeah, I'm not questioning the source, its just that if the questioner opens with "off the record....." then surely that means, er, between you and me and it won't goany further. I'm touchy about this because someone once asked me something in work "off the record" and the next thing I know I was up before HR (god bless 'em) with a grievance brought against me. Sadly, the company picked a scrap with the wrong bloke, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from BS3

Fair comment. Do us a favour though and don't have a photo taken with the next one - it seems to be a bit of a jinx!

Whoever it is one thing's for sure, it'll end in tears at some stage - GJ actually had quite a successful time after the one below.

We know that success, like managerial tenures, is almost always short lived in football though and GJ's time at City was far longer than most managers stay at a club.

As for the other 2, well, you'll need to have a word with SL. whistle.gif

I've got another picture somewhere - me with Gerry Gow from the old First Division days and he didn't do too badly for us.yes.gif

Archived