IGNORED

"nothing For A Few Days"

Bar BS3

I think people just make crap up in the hope it comes true. We played bloody good on tues and also against Brighton and Leeds. We are not far off being a good side and the board can see that and that is why he is still rightly our manager.

In defence of the OP , I've know him for years and I know where he spends a lot of time. He is not the sort of guy who would "just make crap up" for the fun of it.

The fans at AG will be mightily relieved to see a new man in charge - unless it's a diabolical choice, of course -

Pulis, Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson, Coppell, and Millen have been appointed whilst Mr. Lansdown has been on The Board.

The only one on that list with any success is Johnson, although I thought Coppell a cracking appointment, also, Wilson who improved us year on year. Oh, and Pulis has done rather well since his departure.

Picking a manager is a very bizarre and difficult science, not to mention a huge wedge of luck. Add to that mix, the candidate has to want to be here and maybe want no interference and a tasty budget :dunno: . I hope Lansdown canvasses 'football opinion' in his next appointment, as I fear he relies too heavily on his heart and not his head.

I know the law of averages says he's due to pick a good'un, but Noggers, are you confident?

I think people just make crap up in the hope it comes true. We played bloody good on tues and also against Brighton and Leeds. We are not far off being a good side and the board can see that and that is why he is still rightly our manager.

I also know the poster and I know he does not make things up.

I'm also sure he does NOT want it to be true. So your theory is totally wrong.

Pulis, Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson, Coppell, and Millen have been appointed whilst Mr. Lansdown has been on The Board.

The only one on that list with any success is Johnson, although I thought Coppell a cracking appointment, also, Wilson who improved us year on year. Oh, and Pulis has done rather well since his departure.

Picking a manager is a very bizarre and difficult science, not to mention a huge wedge of luck. Add to that mix, the candidate has to want to be here and maybe want no interference and a tasty budget :dunno: . I hope Lansdown canvasses 'football opinion' in his next appointment, as I fear he relies too heavily on his heart and not his head.

I know the law of averages says he's due to pick a good'un, but Noggers, are you confident?

Hit the post twice, a bit like Maynard recently.whistling.gif

Bloody Hell, Natcher, what a question.blink.gif

If KM goes I'll view things with a mixture of relief, hope and real trepidation.

Confident a good choice will be made? No, absolutely not.

I just hope the new man isn't named in the same statement as the announcement of KM's departure, that they advertise, take their time, and put great thought into getting the right man.

My second hope would be that it is a courageous and innovative appointment and definitely not a promotion from within.

SL certainly owes us an inspired appointment, watching Bristol City has not been enjoyable for far too long.

Make of it what you will, but when directly asked, "off the record", if the press should be expecting any imminent announcements, CS's response was "not for a few days".

Nothing in it.

He must get asked that kind of question all the time. He's fobbing off whoever asked the question with a throw away comment.

Nothing in it.

He must get asked that kind of question all the time. He's fobbing off whoever asked the question with a throw away comment.

I agree. Even if a change is imminent, he's hardly likely to imply this before the event.

That said, the axe may well fall if we lose tomorrow.

I just hope that they advertise, take their time, and put great thought into getting the right man.

My second hope would be that it is a courageous and innovative appointment and definitely not a promotion from within.

SL certainly owes us an inspired appointment, watching Bristol City has not been enjoyable for far too long.

Amen to this Noggers, let's hope Badger is reading the above :fingerscrossed: .

Archived