IGNORED

E Petition To Sack Millen

Fordy62

I signed it. Quite pleased to do something constructive rather than slag off other City fans from behind an anonymous ip address......

Constructive? Devisive more like. And as for posting under a pseudonym, didn't you for many years? Of course if anyone takes umbrage to me 'slagging' them off, be assured I'd happily meet anyone for a chat face to face, yourself included. In the meantime if I read something I don't like on a public forum, do forgive me for expressing my opinion.

Constructive? Devisive more like. And as for posting under a pseudonym, didn't you for many years? Of course if anyone takes umbrage to me 'slagging' them off, be assured I'd happily meet anyone for a chat face to face, yourself included. In the meantime if I read something I don't like on a public forum, do forgive me for expressing my opinion.

How is it devisive? If you want to sign it, sign it. If you don't, don't. I stopped using a user name because my personal belief is that I wouldn't put anything on here that I wouldn't be prepared to put my own name to. You are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. So are those people who want to sign a petition because they believe that Keith Millen is not the man to manage City going forward. Out of interest are you in favour of retaining KM as boss? If not how do you suggest that people show their displeasure?

How is it devisive? If you want to sign it, sign it. If you don't, don't. I stopped using a user name because my personal belief is that I wouldn't put anything on here that I wouldn't be prepared to put my own name to. You are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. So are those people who want to sign a petition because they believe that Keith Millen is not the man to manage City going forward. Out of interest are you in favour of retaining KM as boss? If not how do you suggest that people show their displeasure?

Keith Millen is not the man to take City forward and even if he was the players capitulation , both yesterday and Tuesday, was as clear a sign as you'll see that they no longer want him as their manager, so it's a matter if time before he's gone. What grates me and genuinely makes me angry is the treatment of the guy; Millen said yesterday that he loves this club and only wants the best for it, so I cannot for the life of me see the need for the level of vitriol aimed at him presently nor the requirement for a bloody e-petition? The guy hasn't failed on purpose, has he? I can live with a 'your time is up' type thread but the shit he's getting is ridiculous and unneccessary, therefore if I don't agree with it I'll say so.

In my opinion you are one of the best posters on here and I usually nod my head at most things you have to say, but I think you're way off the mark with this one and you should hang your head, along with the others.

Incidentally I don't use my real name for business reasons; a few lads who work for me post on here and it would cause problems for me if I posted on here between 7:30 and 17:00, however plausible that sounds? I'd happily tell you who I am via PM if it bothers you that much?

Keith Millen is not the man to take City forward and even if he was the players capitulation , both yesterday and Tuesday, was as clear a sign as you'll see that they no longer want him as their manager, so it's a matter if time before he's gone. What grates me and genuinely makes me angry is the treatment of the guy; Millen said yesterday that he loves this club and only wants the best for it, so I cannot for the life of me see the need for the level of vitriol aimed at him presently nor the requirement for a bloody e-petition? The guy hasn't failed on purpose, has he? I can live with a 'your time is up' type thread but the shit he's getting is ridiculous and unneccessary, therefore if I don't agree with it I'll say so.

In my opinion you are one of the best posters on here and I usually nod my head at most things you have to say, but I think you're way off the mark with this one and you should hang your head, along with the others.

Incidentally I don't use my real name for business reasons; a few lads who work for me post on here and it would cause problems for me if I posted on here between 7:30 and 17:00, however plausible that sounds? I'd happily tell you who I am via PM if it bothers you that much?

I dont think it bothers andy who you are.

The point about being anonymous came up because you said about people having the balls to tell millen what they think of his managerial ability (or lack of)

A petition to get a man sacked and lose his livelihood is a bit out of order, in my opinion.

Stating an opinion is one thing, having a pro-active roll in his dismissal shows a total lack of respect. We know he isn't the man to take us forward, l'm sure he knows that deep down, but trying to deliver the final blow to a man that has tried his best for our club over many years is very disrespectful.

Hello all,

I, like most of you am pretty concerned at the state of our club, so here's a link to a petition. If we can get a few signatures then I'll make sure it's forwarded to the people who matter (though I may need some help with that part).

We have to show that we care. Sign up and make a difference.

Millen out.

http://www.petitiono...2/petition.html

This is a new low.

Tell you what, "Fordy", let me know where you work and I'll start a petition demanding that you lose your livelihood.

Utter SH1TE.

This is a new low.

Tell you what, "Fordy", let me know where you work and I'll start a petition demanding that you lose your livelihood.

Utter SH1TE.

Interesting. The difference being that I do my job to a high standard. KM is paid at least 10 times what I am. I pay money to go and watch them, so why shouldnt i have my say.

If you want to keep him, then that's your perogative.

Millen out.

No it doesn't bother me!!! And I totally understand your reasons for your anonimity. My position re: no longer using my old username is my own and I have no strong views whatsoever about others using usernames on here. What bothered me and bothers me is the vitriol directed at the guy who set the petition up in the first place, and those of us who have signed. What is beyond debate, is that the club is in a dire and potentially devastating position and now is the time for action. As regards Keith Millen, I don't want the guy to walk away with nothing after so many years loyal service, so I do not want him to resign and forgo a pay-off. I wanted Millen to succeed and I am on record as saying I wasn't entirely unhappy with his appointment after the Coppell fiasco, as I hoped it would minimise disruption, and provide some continuity. I don't blame Millen entirely for our current plight either. I think Mr Lansdown has made some very poor decisions during his tenure as well as very good decisions. He was right to allow Tinnion and Johnson to leave. He was wrong to opt for a cheap inhouse replacement after Wilson's dismissal and in my opinion he was wrong to undermine Coppell by signing James. Much as I think City need a new ground for many good reasons, I believe that the board have allowed the footballing priorities at the club to be overshadowed by the desire to secure and build a new ground. Keith Millen was a solid unspectacular and dependable centre half who served City well as a player. As a coach, assistant and caretaker manager he has been an apparently stable and consistent influence who has been loyal to Bristol City and deserves respect. On that issue we are totally agreed. I do not hold with him being denigrated or abused. Equally, however, I don't want the club to procrastinate and make the situation worse. My view is 'Thanks for your loyalty Keith, your effort and diligence, but it's not working and the results are simply not good enough. You are being dismissed because the club simply must retain it's Championship status' I would hope he would then be appropriately compensated as per his contract of employment. That is why i signed the petition. Not because i am simple minded or have an anti-Keith agenda.

Interesting. The difference being that I do my job to a high standard. KM is paid at least 10 times what I am. I pay money to go and watch them, so why shouldnt i have my say.

If you want to keep him, then that's your perogative.

Millen out.

I want him to leave, but with a bit of dignity. He's been here 12 years and I don't want to see him humiliated.

A petition to get a man sacked and lose his livelihood is a bit out of order, in my opinion.

Stating an opinion is one thing, having a pro-active roll in his dismissal shows a total lack of respect. We know he isn't the man to take us forward, l'm sure he knows that deep down, but trying to deliver the final blow to a man that has tried his best for our club over many years is very disrespectful.

I NEVER want to see anyone lose their job, but how else do you think this situation can be resolved??

I want him to leave, but with a bit of dignity. He's been here 12 years and I don't want to see him humiliated.

I agree entirely, I dont disagree for one minutes that KM loves the club and i dont want to see him humiliated either, but the dignity that he could have had in walking away seems to be dwindling away. How many more defeats will it take?

Archived