IGNORED

The New Manager

Rob k

Despite everyone wanting millen out finally will the new manager whoever he is get the full backing from the fans?

From what I can see and from what I talk about with my friends there is a real divide on who we think is best to manage us,

Some think Davis or jones and others can't stand the thought of either of them, some want Tisdale and others think that would be a step backwards!!

No one can agree on SOD and oneil is out of our range!!

Who ever comes needs the full backing of the supporters, no doubt the board have to get this right but it's a very difficult decision this time round.

For me I'm I'm coming round to the idea of a who's young and will being a fresh approach but am sure it will be jones who gets the job (once millens fired before some smart arse says it)

I'll back the manager.... As long It's not a shocking appointment like Steve McLaren.

I'd be happy with any of Robins, Jones, SOD, Davies or any other manager with a decent record

As most of those are established managers, how long would you give them to succeed?.

Surely it has to be less time than KM has had as he is/was a rookie and everyone claims that we have decent players?.

BCAGFC

As most of those are established managers, how long would you give them to succeed?.

Surely it has to be less time than KM has had as he is/was a rookie and everyone claims that we have decent players?.

BCAGFC

Their job would be to keep us up. if they do that or at least have a good go at it, then we build for the long term.

Thing is Millen already knew our problems, so he should have been able to sort them fairly quickly. He didn't, he just bought wingers and strikers!!

Despite everyone wanting millen out finally will the new manager whoever he is get the full backing from the fans?

From what I can see and from what I talk about with my friends there is a real divide on who we think is best to manage us,

Some think Davis or jones and others can't stand the thought of either of them, some want Tisdale and others think that would be a step backwards!!

No one can agree on SOD and oneil is out of our range!!

Who ever comes needs the full backing of the supporters, no doubt the board have to get this right but it's a very difficult decision this time round.

For me I'm I'm coming round to the idea of a who's young and will being a fresh approach but am sure it will be jones who gets the job (once millens fired before some smart arse says it)

Ha Ha.

Did you give Millen your full backing upon his appoitment?

Reading back at your post's, you wanted him out from the day he took over from coppell.

Will you get behind the new man even if he's not your first choice again? Will be interesting to see if you do or not.

Ha Ha.

Did you give Millen your full backing upon his appoitment?

Reading back at your post's, you wanted him out from the day he took over from coppell.

Will you get behind the new man even if he's not your first choice again? Will be interesting to see if you do or not.

This is precisely my point, I never wanted Millen, and could never get behind him 100% even though I tried!! This time round it seems nobody can agree on the new manager, when GJ was appointed it seemed we were all behind him from day 1.

Will I be 100% behind the be manager remains to be seen, I would like to think I would be but if it's Billy D then I may have a problem!!

I think the new manager will soon get all the fans on board once he has the team playing well and tactics right. If we manage to finish the season mid table i will be happy, then let the clear out begin.

I hope we get Dave Jones.

I don't. Serial failure. Chatting to a bluebird mate last night, in his considered opinion Jones would be a mistake.

who would you like to see Roger?

Now you're asking! There doesn't realistically seem to be anyone that floats my boat, from the list of unemployed managers except for the likes of O'Neil who we are never going to attract. As always it's easier to say who you wouldn't want. I think the board have got to identify a manager who's currently employed and go hell for leather to get him. What I do know is that I'd be hopeless trying to choose a manager, that's one reason I'm not on the board of directors (along with many other reasons).

I don't. Serial failure. Chatting to a bluebird mate last night, in his considered opinion Jones would be a mistake.

Agreed. Dont want Jones.

GJ worked so hard to rid the drinking culture at this club and with Jones in the hot seat this would eventually return at some point.

Allot of fans would also say he's tactically inept. Never his fault and was always having a go at the Cardiff faithful each week for one reason or another.

He would go down like a led balloon here.

Now you're asking! There doesn't realistically seem to be anyone that floats my boat, from the list of unemployed managers except for the likes of O'Neil who we are never going to attract. As always it's easier to say who you wouldn't want. I think the board have got to identify a manager who's currently employed and go hell for leather to get him. What I do know is that I'd be hopeless trying to choose a manager, that's one reason I'm not on the board of directors (along with many other reasons).

Fair play Roger.

I think D Jones because I hate B Davies and Jones teams score goalsand play good footy unlike Keiths!

Anyway we shall wait and see.

Well if you consider getting to the play offs two years in succession a failure, then I would happily see City "fail". If you reach enough play offs, one day you will be promoted.

.... and they lost in the FA Cup final ... hopeless, don't want that sort of thing here.

I think who ever it is will show us fans how ambitious the board really are i know getting into the prem is along way off but i want someone who u could say yeah with him in charge we gotta chance, like with coppell i bet many of us thought that but yeah i know it went horribly wrong but thats the type we should be looking at,someone with loads of contacts

Their job would be to keep us up. if they do that or at least have a good go at it, then we build for the long term.

Thing is Millen already knew our problems, so he should have been able to sort them fairly quickly. He didn't, he just bought wingers and strikers!!

He tried to improve our defence last season (Jones) and in the summer (McAuley etc, etc) , trying to sign class players at this level but they all went to the PL....perhaps he should have set his sights a bit lower but then would those next level down players be as good as what we have already?.......IMO no.

As for Bolasie & Taylor, it has been discussed to death but they cost us FA in real terms after selling Henderson.

BCAGFC

He tried to improve our defence last season (Jones) and in the summer (McAuley etc, etc) , trying to sign class players at this level but they all went to the PL....perhaps he should have set his sights a bit lower but then would those next level down players be as good as what we have already?.......IMO no.

As for Bolasie & Taylor, it has been discussed to death but they cost us FA in real terms after selling Henderson.

BCAGFC

You think that what we've got is just below prem level then?? If so, then millen really aint getting the most from these defenders!!

As long as we don't follow our recent history and promote somebody totally unqualified from within the club or somebody else who is unqualified by either experience or achievement or so hated at this club they will never have a chance of winning the fans over, why would'nt they get the full support of the fans.

As I said on an earlier thread this appointment will show beyond any doubt the ambition of this club and I suspect to fulfill that ambition (to get the right man) there will have to be a loosening of the purse strings, as most good candidates would not come here without the promise of funds to turn our season around, there is another plus side that apart from Mcgivern, Millen did'nt waste any more money on unwanted or poor signings during the last window so the loosening of the purse strings might not be such an issue.

You think that what we've got is just below prem level then?? If so, then millen really aint getting the most from these defenders!!

I never said that but don;t forget that clubs have to allow us to sign their players and they also have to want to sign for us......neither of which happened.

So what clubs do you think we should have raided and what players do you think we should have signed that are better than our current defenders.?.

BCAGFC

As long as we don't follow our recent history and promote somebody totally unqualified from within the club or somebody else who is unqualified by either experience or achievement or so hated at this club they will never have a chance of winning the fans over, why would'nt they get the full support of the fans.

As I said on an earlier thread this appointment will show beyond any doubt the ambition of this club and I suspect to fulfill that ambition (to get the right man) there will have to be a loosening of the purse strings, as most good candidates would not come here without the promise of funds to turn our season around, there is another plus side that apart from Mcgivern, Millen did'nt waste any more money on unwanted or poor signings during the last window so the loosening of the purse strings might not be such an issue.

This is the worry though, I can see another Tinnionesque appointment in the hope the cheap option may work "this time".

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you Mr Wiggley, the new City manager, he's grit a fabulous pedigree, international experience and knows the players and the pressures the job bring etc etc blah, blah, blah

I never said that but don;t forget that clubs have to allow us to sign their players and they also have to want to sign for us......neither of which happened.

So what clubs do you think we should have raided and what players do you think we should have signed that are better than our current defenders.?.

BCAGFC

yawn!

you really do believe everything the club tells us!

This is the worry though, I can see another Tinnionesque appointment in the hope the cheap option may work "this time".

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you Mr Wiggley, the new City manager, he's grit a fabulous pedigree, international experience and knows the players and the pressures the job bring etc etc blah, blah, blah

of course this a danger, although I can't see it this time. For a start if we get relegated the financial implications are frightening and not in SL's script for the new stadium and if the appointment is 2nd class and we do manage to stay up the season tickets sales will plummet, as I said this next appointment will tell us all we need to know about the ambition of this club and the fans will carry on voting with their feet. I don't think the club can afford to get it wrong again.

Archived