IGNORED

Respect

Syco

OK OK many have made their minds up about the guy but please can we just have a little respect for the guy.

He has been at City for what 10 years now? Under the skin he is one of us and is just as frustrated as we are. Not saying he should keep his job as manager but after ten years of dedication to City as a player, Coach, Assitant, Caretaker and now manager he has earned my respect and I think it's only right to not speculate about potential managers etc until his future is decided.

OK OK many have made their minds up about the guy but please can we just have a little respect for the guy.

He has been at City for what 10 years now? Under the skin he is one of us and is just as frustrated as we are. Not saying he should keep his job as manager but after ten years of dedication to City as a player, Coach, Assitant, Caretaker and now manager he has earned my respect and I think it's only right to not speculate about potential managers etc until his future is decided.

In principle you are right. However if he cared enough about us he would walk away, we are in deep deep s***e. It takes a braver man to put his hands up and say it's not working than carrying on in blind faith.

In principle you are right. However if he cared enough about us he would walk away, we are in deep deep s***e. It takes a braver man to put his hands up and say it's not working than carrying on in blind faith.

Like coppell?

Wholeheartedly agree. Most fans' inability to distinguish between him not being a good manager and a **** is truly astounding.

Wholeheartedly agree. Most fans' inability to distinguish between him not being a good manager and a **** is truly astounding.

Millen as a person is a top bloke and is someone you would want to chat and have a laugh with over a pint. He is also a good family man and he loves this club and will work as hard as he possibly can to try and make us succeed. Unfortunately all his hard work isn't paying off currently and that is down to many attributes. I am all for people having an opinion about his management of the club but when it comes to personal abuse then to me that is well below the belt and uncalled for. I respect people's opinions but once they start spouting personal abuse then that opinion becomes somewhat invalid.

I kept that distinction until yesterday. His post-match interview evaporated any respect I had for the man.

Admittedly I haven't heard it, as I have done my best to zone out of all things BCFC related up until this evening, but you don't go from respected club player/coach/manager who gives his all for BCFC into a man who commands 'no respect' overnight. Unless he said something utterly mental and offensive, I'd imagine he will still get the dignity of commanding personal, if not professional, loyalty from most reasonable City fans.

I kept that distinction until yesterday. His post-match interview evaporated any respect I had for the man.

I thought it was a frank interview. Said it how exactly it is. Said that it is his group of players so must take responsibility. He said everything you would want your manager to say. However as he didn't say he is leaving the rest of the interview seems to have gone over your head.

I thought it was a frank interview. Said it how exactly it is. Said that it is his group of players so must take responsibility. He said everything you would want your manager to say. However as he didn't say he is leaving the rest of the interview seems to have gone over your head.

None of the interview went 'over my head' thanks.

But yes, the highlighted part is what I am waiting to hear.

Like coppell?

to be fair, yeah. None of us no what truely happened with Coppell, but the deathly silence from both him and Lansdown says to me it wasnt all Coppell's doing.

Another example is Tinnion. Did the decent thing after the Swansea hammering.

Millen, yes has been with the club 10 years..but he has been rewarded handsomely for it, and its made him a rich man.

Thanks Keith, but do the right thing sir......

yawn

I think this sums up the standard of debate on this forum at the moment. People just can't be bothered to consider points of view with which they disagree. People jump on bandwagons without thinking, and a rollercoaster develops without any reasoned debate.

Those calling for a change of management should consider the following:

• A change of manager does not always bring instant success. Think of Ford/Dicks; Dicks/Houghton; Jordan1/Lumsden; Osman/Jordan2; Ward/Lennartson; Wilson/Tinnion; Johnson/Coppell. In fact if you track back through the City archives, I think you'll find that only on two notable occasions has a change of manager transformed our fortunes immediately, those being Jordan's first appointment (and that wasn't sustained the following season), and John Ward's appointment, the one time when a change in management has really delivered success quickly. Ok, we could be lucky, but chances are we won't be (and what happened to Rovers last season is still firmly in my mind).

• If a new manager cannot bring in new players, then they could find themselves in an even more difficult position than Keith Millen is, having to work with someone else's squard without the ability to make significant changes. Look what Johnson had to do to make the necessary changes to the squad in 2006.

The main thing that is wrong with the side at the moment is confidence. We've seen this in several matches: they play well but cannot cope with conceding goals. That strikes me as the result of a lack of experience at the back and a lack of leadership in the team, and those are the two things we need to address. If we can squeak a lucky win against Peterborough, then that could turn things around. As most people agree, we have a decent squad (though lacking in one or two positions) and its time for the players to be called into the reckoning, rather than the focus being entirely on the manager.

no doubt that he has been here for 10 years but if you look at it from another perspective maybe he has just been in the right place at the right time he was a player,retired we said fancy being a coach, then we had a assis manager vacancy easy to promote someone who has already been there for a few years.

Dont shout at me but i hope i am wrong and that he does have passion for this club but maybe maybe just maybe he doesn't and he just been in the right place at the right time.

The end result is the same however, Keith Millen with BCFC 1999-2011, That's 12 years with us.

Posters keep saying 10, however 12 years is a large chunk of KM's working and family life.

He and his family probably don't want to move.........with all due respect, etc etc.

The end result is the same however, Keith Millen with BCFC 1999-2011, That's 12 years with us.

Posters keep saying 10, however 12 years is a large chunk of KM's working and family life.

He and his family probably don't want to move.........with all due respect, etc etc.

Indeed. Good servant.

Its a shame that he isnt cut out to be a manager.

Keeping him in some capacity would be great - though many would be against that idea.

I have no respect for him to be honest. He is no different to many of us who have been with the same employers for many years.

If respect was due, and if the man had any good feeling toward our club, he would do the honourable thing and quit! McClaren walked away from Forest costing himself up to £2m if he had stayed and been sacked...

Now i dont like him, but that deserves more respect than this joke of a manager we have at our club at the moment.

He was a crap player, crap coach and crap manager.

I have no respect for him to be honest. He is no different to many of us who have been with the same employers for many years.

If respect was due, and if the man had any good feeling toward our club, he would do the honourable thing and quit! McClaren walked away from Forest costing himself up to £2m if he had stayed and been sacked...

Now i dont like him, but that deserves more respect than this joke of a manager we have at our club at the moment.

He was a crap player, crap coach and crap manager.

McClaren is very wealthy.

For Millen, the future is very uncertain - his career will be down the pan - he has a family to support and for one dont blame him for putting them first.

The Board need to do their job IMO.

I agree with the point of having respect for Keith Millen. I do respect Keith and the service he has given this club, although I didn't think he was an outstanding player.

He must have thought he was ready to step up to management.

I also think, as he has been at this club for 12 years? He should know the club inside and out, and I would have thought this would be to his great advantage. He has had years of preparation for management, and I think if he cannot manage this, club, would he be capable of managing at any club at this level?

There cannot be many managers that step into a job, without there being problems at that club. Usually that is why there is a change in management.

I don't personally know Keith, seems nice enough, and I really don't want him to suffer nastiness from the terraces, so I hope he steps down or is removed.

Archived